Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
This terrible incident DOES need to be discussed in the public square. If it helps protect even one girl Mackenzie’s death will not have been in vain. Once again, of course she didn’t directly cause her own murder but it’s common sense to know that you may be risking life or limb by meeting a stranger for sex at 3a.
Cannot even believe people are attempting to argue this.

How far have we fallen as a society when some try to justify prostitution as a legit way to pay off student loans? Disgusting and sad.

“Agency”... For the militant feminists out there: Is it really empowering for a woman to be a prostitute? Morality and statistics would say otherwise.
Well said.

the problem with labeling every thing as "shaming" is that we don't discuss the nuances. I totally agree, this scum bucket should be punished and no one deserves violence. NO one.

At the same time, as a mom, my job is to do the best I can to educate my kids both sons and nieces I'm raising.

so I will point out any behavior that I need to, to get my kids to act safely.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:05 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
He told his players they don’t want to mess around with women they don’t know because bad things happen.
(They might kill them? How does this even apply to the topic?)

Nothing good happens around guns unless you’re going hunting. (Because killing animals is good, and the chances of shooting yourself or hunting buddy increases dramatically?)

If he played football, there’s a good chance he had a traumatic brain injury.
Kobe Bryant ?

Some of these women are looking for a pay day.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:46 AM

811 posts, read 621,646 times
BTW: For those who live in some alternate reality where murder or tragic consequences arbitrarily happens from high risk behavior and they simply chalk it up to “bad luck”...

Let’s suppose Mackenzie could come back? Would she be digging in and defend her actions or might she feel shame, foolishness, and be shouting a warning to others?

Please don’t accuse people who are offering a sobering warning with the currently popular and boring mantra: “You’re shaming them!”

Old 07-01-2019, 07:51 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
This terrible incident DOES need to be discussed in the public square. If it helps protect even one girl Mackenzie’s death will not have been in vain. Once again, of course she didn’t directly cause her own murder but it’s common sense to know that you may be risking life or limb by meeting a stranger for sex at 3a.
Cannot even believe people are attempting to argue this.

How far have we fallen as a society when some try to justify prostitution as a legit way to pay off student loans? Disgusting and sad.

“Agency”... For the militant feminists out there: Is it really empowering for a woman to be a prostitute? Morality and statistics would say otherwise.
I am not justifying anything. I objected to people feeling the need to state the obvious, i.e “She brought this on herself”. I don’t see the need to pile on with that, it’s obvious to anyone who hears the story. Stating it in that way to me is just shaming and victim blaming and its IMO purposeless and a way to separate her. It’s too close to “She asked for it” that rape victims used to face. Of course her decisions were poor, it’s qute obvious by the result. No need to rub salt in the wound and pile on her and imply she’s somehow less of a victim than other people. She was young, the young feel in invincible and it often results in poor decisions. That was the point I was maki g that people are trying to pervert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events