Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 01:28 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Why?

You’re kidding, right? The guy is literally a monster. What kind of creepy people want to analyze evil like that?

As for analyzing and commenting on the actions of Mackenzie... that hits home because many of us have daughters and never, EVER want to see this happen again. I believe many of the comments here are to help prevent another murder. Hopefully reminding others of MacKenzie’s decisions will save many girls.

Maybe if college students weren't facing student loans as big as mortgages, they wouldn't have to consider such things.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:33 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Why?

You’re kidding, right? The guy is literally a monster. What kind of creepy people want to analyze evil like that?

As for analyzing and commenting on the actions of Mackenzie... that hits home because many of us have daughters and never, EVER want to see this happen again. I believe many of the comments here are to help prevent another murder. Hopefully reminding others of MacKenzie’s decisions will save many girls.
The flip side with that is that the murderer is somebody's son. Does it not hit home that your sons could be harboring similar kinds of deviant sexual ideas? Do you know what websites the men in your life are visiting?

Old 06-30-2019, 01:52 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Strangely I have a hard time believing the America-hating bureaucrats that are signing off on all the "refugees" and "immigrants" flooding into America have the best interest of the nation in their hearts when they check off the paperwork that clear some of these people.

Call me naive.
spoken like someone who has absolutely no idea how hard it is to legally immigrate to this country. so yes, the people on work on these cases DO have the best interest of the nation in their hearts.

They also had it when the flood of Irish and Cubans came calling.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:53 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Maybe if college students weren't facing student loans as big as mortgages, they wouldn't have to consider such things.
Seriously, that's the reasoning. I became a glorified hooker to pay my student loans???

Old 06-30-2019, 01:55 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Seriously, that's the reasoning. I became a glorified hooker to pay my student loans???

Yes. many of them are doing this to pay for college, yes. It's a legit concern. Our new grad PTs and peech and therapists my company hires are graduating $200,000 in debt.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:10 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She didn’t fly to a different state to meet him. She flew to a different state for her grandmothers funeral. She had just gotten a k home.

I just find all the victim blaming purposeless and ugly. They did the same to the girl who was killed by the guy posing as her Uber driver. Yes some things carry more risk than others. But no one says out loud after a neighbor has a heart attack, “Oh, well, he knew he shouldn’t have gotten that fat and eaten all that junk”. The reality there is a lot of random luck in the fact any of us are here right now. There is no need to rub salt in the wound of a tragedy by pointing out that she had a hand in it. Next one of the moronic “Darwin Award” idiots will be here.

The young feel invincible, it’s part of being young. I used to hitchhike all the time in the 70’s, I was never afraid. young are adventerous, and yes sometimes that borders to reckless. I just find the pointing out of fault to be something that separates her from the rest of us in a way, and implies she deserved it. It just rubs me the wrong way and to me shows an uglier side of our nature.
I agree that victim blaming is repulsive. At the same time, certain things just have to be said. A female should never meet up with a strange man in a park at 3AM. Just don't do that, or bad things can and probably will happen, as this proved. The only exception would be if she knows the man very well and trusts him 100%. For example, with someone she has a long term relationship with. There are safe times and places for meeting people. This was not the time or place.

Even a man meeting a woman under those circumstances is putting himself at serious risk, of being jumped, and possibly robbed or murdered. But if he is tough enough and prepared to defend himself, he will probably be OK. But a female in that situation, isn't going to stand a chance, and even if she is armed with a weapon, or something, I don't think that would be enough to keep her safe.

Being politically correct and not discussing the dangers of this type of behavior, could put other young females who might be tempted to try this in danger. Just saying.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:24 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I agree that victim blaming is repulsive. At the same time, certain things just have to be said. A female should never meet up with a strange man in a park at 3AM. Just don't do that, or bad things can and probably will happen, as this proved. The only exception would be if she knows the man very well and trusts him 100%. For example, with someone she has a long term relationship with. There are safe times and places for meeting people. This was not the time or place.
Then he wouldn't be a "strange man," Cloudy.

Not a good idea for anyone of any gender to meet a stranger alone at 3 a.m. A guy doing it wouldn't necessarily be any safer — depends on who's waiting in the shadows. It's a common enough ruse.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Nearly 100 posts in and I don't recall a single one analyzing the choices made by the rapist/murderer, just the victim and her choices. I wonder why.

To the ridiculous contention of a previous post reminiscing about the good old days when women 'knew their place,' got 'safely' married young and pumped out babies while doing the Susie Homemaker role - puke-inducing. Plenty of those women were routinely raped, and several were also murdered.

Good, god fearing women in the perceived safety of their own homes have countless times fallen victim to rape and murder. Reminds me of the ridiculous presumption that rapists select their victims based on how provocatively they are dressed. This has repeatedly been disproven, study after study.

My heart goes out to the family of Kenzie, having to deal with the aftermath and I pray they do not ever come across this thread.
What is there to say about the rapist/murderer? He is scum. He deserves whatever he gets.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:38 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
This thread has fallen off the rails.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Then he wouldn't be a "strange man," Cloudy.

Not a good idea for anyone of any gender to meet a stranger alone at 3 a.m. A guy doing it wouldn't necessarily be any safer — depends on who's waiting in the shadows. It's a common enough ruse.
Thanks, that is what I meant. They only cases were I can think of where that would be safe, would be meeting someone who is a good friend, relative, or long term relationship. Not even acquaintances or short term relationships, would be a good idea to meet under circumstances like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events