Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM

811 posts, read 621,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
So it is not "normal", or even good.
You need to get out more often.

We know lots of exceptional married couples in their early 20’s with kids.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Yep. In a normal society she would've been married 5 years ago to a decent husband with a job and would've already had two or three kids by now, all being raised in a decent home and likely with a lot of support from nearby family.

Instead the media and universities keep promoting the "virtues" of this kind of crap. Oh yeah, she was really really "empowered" selling her body out for money and gifts.

Good luck society. Is it time to swing the pendulum back the other way yet? Maybe we shouldn't allow our young women to be beaten and killed like this and then buried in a shallow pit in some creepo's backyard.
Well, I don’t accept your definition of normal. Women have agency, you know. Your idea of a good life for all women does not jibe with the plans most modern women.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:03 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, he probably wanted sex as well, before he killed her.
What's not being mentioned by the mainstream news is that this is another one of the left-wing's precious immigrants, another invader straight from the bowels of the dark continent.

But what's even sadder is that this girl was so brainwashed that she actually thought it a good idea to interact with the creature. This is a tragedy on so many levels and a reflection on many of modern society's failures.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:07 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Tragic beyond imagination for the parents. Praying for their hearts and minds during this extremely difficult time.

While life often seems to arbitrarily deal us bad hands there are also consequences to our behavior.

Someone please share with me why a seemingly well-off college girl would prostitute herself. Is virtue, chastity, and morality so distant from our culture that it is not only ignored but young people seem to be running as fast as they can away from it?

I know for sure a couple of drivers for this promiscuous and shameful behavior is some twisted perception that it’s “glamorous” but it’s also a result of good old-fashioned laziness. Some people simply refuse to earn an honest living that involves difficult, hard work. They want quick riches and a lifestyle that they believe will lead to happiness.

And for those tempted to fain outrage and accuse me of a heartless attack... save your breath. I’m not saying she “deserved” to be murdered for her foolishness; that’s ridiculous and could not be further from my heart.

We’re all foolish on some level.
Oh, I am sure she did it for money. This would have been cash she would not troubled herself to declare on her tax statement. Perhaps there was an element of titillation as well.

I imagine these revelations are devastating for her parents.

By the way, in the accounts of this I have read, nowhere was it mentioned that she had a history of prostituting herself. It sounds like she was doing that, but where have you read a statement saying that specifically?

Old 06-29-2019, 02:10 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What does this have to do with her friends? I don’t think her killer was a friend.
Oh I absolutely believe in this and was told this as a kid. It doesn't so much mean literally "your friends" more like your associates.

My mom use to tell me, if you hang out and associate with pole dancers don't get mad when someone thinks you are a pole dancer.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:26 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie...ce-secret-room

s://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/us/mackenzie-lueck-utah-missing-search-friday/index.html

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...5576f02bc8f253.

She advertised herself as a "sugar baby," and look where it got her.
What's a sugar baby? A sugar daddy is someone that has money, right?

Old 06-29-2019, 02:32 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Oh, I am sure she did it for money. This would have been cash she would not troubled herself to declare on her tax statement. Perhaps there was an element of titillation as well.

I imagine these revelations are devastating for her parents.

By the way, in the accounts of this I have read, nowhere was it mentioned that she had a history of prostituting herself. It sounds like she was doing that, but where have you read a statement saying that specifically?
She bragged about being a sugar baby. Read the link for more information and pictures:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...5576f02bc8f253

"It had previously been revealed Ms Lueck was a “sugar baby” searching for men over 35 online — and boasted about having two unidentified sugar daddies on social media.

In some posts on a Facebook group, Ms Lueck reportedly gave advice on how she found sugar daddies as she also revealed: “I have some experience on seeking arrangements, online only, tinder, and currently have two lol.”

I refer to this kind of normalization of sex in exchange for status/luxuries/etc as the "Kim Kardashian effect." There is a fair contingency of young women who idolize her and her family and seek to emulate their lifestyle through whatever means necessary. Kim's career centers around using her body to attain fame and fortune. Her mother is a master marketer and shrewd business woman. Sex sells.

I find it all very sad.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:35 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
What's a sugar baby? A sugar daddy is someone that has money, right?
Let me look that up for you on Wikipedia:

Sugar baby

A sugar baby is a person who is in a specific type of mutually beneficial relationship for the expressed purpose of achieving economic security. A sugar baby's male partner is often referred to as a sugar daddy, whilst the female equivalent is a sugar momma. A person in such a romantic/sexual relationship may receive cash, gifts or other financial and material benefits in exchange for being in the relationship.

I loved this part of the Wikipedia page:

As of 2019 there is a debate about whether this practice can be considered prostitution or not.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:37 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
You need to get out more often.

We know lots of exceptional married couples in their early 20’s with kids.

Want to Avoid Divorce_ Wait to Get Married, But Not Too Long _ Institute for Family Studies

Old 06-29-2019, 02:40 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
My older sister must be that outlier, she got married at 25 and just got divorced last year after 21 years of marriage and 2 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events