Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2020, 07:07 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Same here. No punishment of a child? LOL!!
No one said NO punishment.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:29 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
I am very confused about this story. If he was dangling her then what is all this fuss he made about the window he thought was closed - if he was dangling her, that means outside the window and not that she was hitting the glass and fell out. He dangled the baby and what happened? He dropped her.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:38 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I am very confused about this story. If he was dangling her then what is all this fuss he made about the window he thought was closed - if he was dangling her, that means outside the window and not that she was hitting the glass and fell out. He dangled the baby and what happened? He dropped her.
There is no 'proof' that has been presented publicly the she was 'dangled', although the video does show that he lifted her over and beyond the safety railing. The video does not show how far past the railing he held her.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:57 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Clearly you’ve not read about the case or watched the videos.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Clearly you’ve not read about the case or watched the videos.
No, I have been following the case, I did watch the videos and I think you also said the same thing a couple of weeks ago and at the time I was right also.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
There is no 'proof' that has been presented publicly the she was 'dangled', although the video does show that he lifted her over and beyond the safety railing. The video does not show how far past the railing he held her.
Okay, those are good points and you explained them well, too. I can accept that. It is just a very confusing story and even though contrary to another poster's saying I am new to the story, I have been posting and from way back.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:31 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Okay, those are good points and you explained them well, too. I can accept that. It is just a very confusing story and even though contrary to another poster's saying I am new to the story, I have been posting and from way back.
It's confusing as all out, and the lawyer in the civil suit is doing all he can to confuse it further. Apparently the window in question is so far removed from the passenger area that it's impossible for a man to lean out of it, yet - at the same time - it's a an absolute death trap that should have been cordoned off, or screened.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:46 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's confusing as all out, and the lawyer in the civil suit is doing all he can to confuse it further. Apparently the window in question is so far removed from the passenger area that it's impossible for a man to lean out of it, yet - at the same time - it's a an absolute death trap that should have been cordoned off, or screened.
Yeah, you can't have it both ways, right? The window is so far from the rail that it's impossible to lean out of it or, apparently, even touch it, much less tell when it is open, yet a man who couldn't see or touch the window because it was so far away could lift a toddler so close to it that when he let go of her, she fell straight out.

Doesn't make sense to me, either.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:46 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yeah, you can't have it both ways, right? The window is so far from the rail that it's impossible to lean out of it or, apparently, even touch it, much less tell when it is open, yet a man who couldn't see or touch the window because it was so far away could lift a toddler so close to it that when he let go of her, she fell straight out.

Doesn't make sense to me, either.
But it’s NOT impossible to place your arms/hands outside of those windows. That’s already been established.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
But it’s NOT impossible to place your arms/hands outside of those windows. That’s already been established.
Well, I know that. But these are the claims made by the parents and their attorney:

Quote:
Attorneys for the Wiegand family say it would have been physically impossible for Anello to...hold Chloe out of the window from his position.

To have physically held Chloe out the window, Mr. Anello would have required much longer arms than he had.
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ng/4553751002/

In their words, the window was so far away that the grandfather's arms could not reach his hands out (otherwise he could obviously have held the child out of it as well). Yet, it was so close that when he dropped the child, she fell, not down, but out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events