Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 08:06 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The video is clear enough to show that the grandfather is leaning on the railing holding Chloe outside.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/172879/...ht-was-closed/
You see her outside the window? I don't. I see him leaning against the railing. My guess she is sitting or standing in front of him on the railing because I see his arm/elbow the entire time. It is bent as if he has his arm around her body. It is not extended. That's what I see. He said he was holding her with one arm and he leaned forward with the other arm to touch the window and she fell. That makes sense based on what I see.

But I'm not going to argue with you all day. I hope a better video comes out where we can really see what happens. I think he was careless, but I'm not ready to say he held her suspended outside the window.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:09 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You see her outside the window? I don't.
I see the grandfather leaning on the railing. Which means that Chloe couldn't have been standing or sitting on it. And without anything to stand on, Chloe couldn't have leaped forward as you are saying. She didn't have anything to stand on to give her impetus, unless it was the window ledge. Which would have been a clear indicator to any reasonable person, that the window was open.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
No, it's called having a different perspective. I don't see that he held her out the window at arm's length. If she was on the railing or being held in front of the railing and leaning forward, she could have definitely fallen through the window. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

I'm not ready to accuse him of holding her outside of the window. I'd like to see a video that clearly shows that because the one I saw didn't.
I completely agree.

I think it's about being willing to listen to the other side, and being willing to accept they may have a truth that you can't see.

And no, we can't see it on the video that's been posted here. No we can't. We can only make a guess at what's going on.

I wonder, of the posters in this thread. When that whole internet sensation of the blue/black - white/gold dress came up, how posters in this thread reacted. Who was amused, listening to those who saw it differently, looking at different pics, passing their phones around asking friends, what do you see? And smiling and saying really because to me that dress is white and gold? You see blue and black? Wow.

And how many lost friendships because they were yelling at people that they were stupid liars (and yes, it apparently did happen).

Old 03-04-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I completely agree.

I think it's about being willing to listen to the other side, and being willing to accept they may have a truth that you can't see.

And no, we can't see it on the video that's been posted here. No we can't. We can only make a guess at what's going on.

I wonder, of the posters in this thread. When that whole internet sensation of the blue/black - white/gold dress came up, how posters in this thread reacted. Who was amused, listening to those who saw it differently, looking at different pics, passing their phones around asking friends, what do you see? And smiling and saying really because to me that dress is white and gold? You see blue and black? Wow.

And how many lost friendships because they were yelling at people that they were stupid liars (and yes, it apparently did happen).
He is leaning on the railing. Is that not clear to you?

Old 03-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

Quote:
He is leaning on the railing. Is that not clear to you?

Yes, that's clear to me.

What I can't see, is whether Chloe is held out beyond the plane of the window, making it absolutely crystal clear that the window was in fact, open.

Or whether he was holding her inside where the plane of the window would be, leaving it believable (sort of) that he honestly didn't know the window was open.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, that's clear to me.

What I can't see, is whether Chloe is held out beyond the plane of the window, making it absolutely crystal clear that the window was in fact, open.

Or whether he was holding her inside where the plane of the window would be, leaving it believable (sort of) that he honestly didn't know the window was open.
If he's leaning on the railing, then holding a toddler beyond the railing for 30+ seconds had to be a strain on his arms. Unless she was perching her feet on the window ledge. And that should have been a good indicator to him that the window wasn't closed. No?

Old 03-04-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
If he's leaning on the railing, then holding a toddler beyond the railing for 30+ seconds had to be a strain on his arms. Unless she was perching her feet on the window ledge. And that should have been a good indicator to him that the window wasn't closed. No?
I don't know she was perched on the window ledge. She could have been held just in front of him, and no, looking at him that doesn't appear to be a huge strain. Now. Holding her way out, as people are saying, would in fact be a strain. Holding her close wouldn't be.

And I can tell by your theory you also don't know where she was held. You're guessing. Your guess is as good as mine.

Old 03-04-2020, 09:01 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
You can clearly see his arm with his elbow bent the entire time Chloe is in front of him. He is not extending his arms/holding her outward. If he was holding her out the window, his elbow wouldn't be bent.

Old 03-04-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You can clearly see his arm with his elbow bent the entire time Chloe is in front of him. He is not extending his arms/holding her outward. If he was holding her out the window, his elbow wouldn't be bent.
But then she would have been in the space between the railing and the window, and with her feet dangling, she would not have had anything to leverage herself forward, if he dropped her it would have been down in the space between the railing and window.

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 03-04-2020 at 10:07 AM..

Old 03-04-2020, 10:37 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
But then she would have been in the space between the railing and the window, and with her feet dangling, she would not have had anything to leverage herself forward, if he dropped her it would have been down in the space between the railing and window.

Give it up and save yourself the trouble DC, some of the people here dont care that he pleaded GUILTY. For some reason they have their own agenda going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events