Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 02:07 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times

Advertisements

I wish there was no plea deal. I wish it went to trial, and if found guilty, sentenced to the max.

He has accepted zero responsibility for this.

If he would have just said "I screwed up, my fault", I would be for no charges at all.

Old 02-12-2021, 02:45 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I wish there was no plea deal. I wish it went to trial, and if found guilty, sentenced to the max.

If he would have just said "I screwed up, my fault", I would be for no charges at all.
Totally!! He has NOT accepted responsibility. Just came up with lies to cover his own ass. Unbelievable. Lawsuit should get dismissed. His stupidity killed his step grandchild

Old 02-13-2021, 04:51 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

I was one that felt the punishment fit the crime, it was an accident. He didn't mean to kill her. It could happen to any of us on a bad day.

I dislike he took no personal responsibility except to say he was wrong about their surroundings

Old 02-13-2021, 11:38 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was one that felt the punishment fit the crime, it was an accident. He didn't mean to kill her. It could happen to any of us on a bad day.

I dislike he took no personal responsibility except to say he was wrong about their surroundings
No, speak for yourself. It might happen to you, but it would not happen to any responsible person, on a bad day, or any other day. It was not an accident. It was deliberate reckless endangerment.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:56 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
No, speak for yourself. It might happen to you, but it would not happen to any responsible person, on a bad day, or any other day. It was not an accident. It was deliberate reckless endangerment.
Deliberate and reckless do not go together.

The scale is roughly accidental < negligent < reckless < knowing < intentional. If he wasn't aware the window was open, this falls under negligence. He should have realized the risk and didn't. If he was aware of the window but thought he had a solid hold on the child (my opinion, but it's just that - opinion) - yup, reckless. But "deliberate" is way further along the scale, almost on the intentional side.

Sometimes I think I should've become a lawyer.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:37 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

The scale is roughly accidental < negligent < reckless < knowing < intentional. If he wasn't aware the window was open, this falls under negligence. He should have realized the risk and didn't. If he was aware of the window but thought he had a solid hold on the child (my opinion, but it's just that - opinion) - yup, reckless. But "deliberate" is way further along the scale, almost on the intentional side.

I disagree, it was deliberate and reckless behavior.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:07 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
The cruise line produced security footage which showed the grandfather, just prior to picking up the kid, leaning out of the window he claimed he thought was closed. So he knew the window was open and dangled her out of it anyway. Entirely his fault, and trying to scapegoat the cruise line won't change that.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:58 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
It’s disgusting that he wasn’t made to go to trial. No this couldn’t just happen to anyone.,

Old 02-14-2021, 10:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
He deliberately held a child out an open window 11 stories above a concrete pier. Such actions are reckless.

You cannot accidentally pick a small child up off the ground, hoist her over a guard rail and out an open window. Especially not when you just stuck your head out that same open window moments ago. He did not think through what could happen if he lost his grip. That is the very definition of reckless- without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:26 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
What I mean about it could happen to any of us is that an accident with a child could happen to any of us. Turn your head a minute, the kid runs in the street or down the street. I've had times in my own house where a kid was here one minute, blink, they're gone. My daughter used to quietly run then climb things. She broke her leg in 3 places climbing her fathers Harley when he turned his head. She came home with a velcro cast, climbed up the desk. I grabbed her as she and the monitor were about to fall.

One of her friends are doing a few years because he got into a car accident where his youngest daughter died.

Quote:

Agree, he was very negligent. He knew the window was open because he stuck his head out of it. I think he didn't have a grip on her like he thought he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
The cruise line produced security footage which showed the grandfather, just prior to picking up the kid, leaning out of the window he claimed he thought was closed. So he knew the window was open and dangled her out of it anyway. Entirely his fault, and trying to scapegoat the cruise line won't change that.
That's why I said I can't wait to see what they pull out of their a$$es.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events