Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 07:59 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I keep waiting for a news story that no charges will be filed, death ruled accidental.

Has that happened and I missed it?
One can hope. This was clearly not the cruise ship's fault. But this day and age, who knows, anything can happen!

Old 07-22-2019, 09:00 AM

185 posts, read 134,120 times
The family was on the today show this morning putting full blame on Royal Caribbbean, calling it a child's play area, and saying the cruise line should have made it more safe. The fact that the grandfather picked her up and put her in an unsafe position is key here. Royal Caribbean cannot safeguard against someone making a bad decision. Furthermore, it was not a childs play area as seen by numerous photos and videos so holding onto that claim is not helping them. The article stated that police initially said it was the grandfather who admitted to holding her out the window . I thought that report had come from eyewitnesses and it would explain why the police was contemplating charges. If he did admit it then changed his story that means he knows deep down it was his fault. The video will tell the truth. There are reports the family intend to sue by end of month.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/royal-car...132435876.html

Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,139 times
If they sue, the defense attorneys are going to have a heyday with this family. It will be open season, and they will leave no stone unturned. The family will literally be gutted, and what will remain will, in all likelihood, be fractured relationships and no closure.

They should think long and hard about suing Royal Caribbean, which, IMO, has absolutely no fault in this tragedy.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:30 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
I will never understand why people who suffer through a tragedy like this, go on talk shows. I would not want to be in the public eye, for all the negative comments that are made about my family.....Are they looking for a pay out? It seems it was Grampa`s fault....

Old 07-22-2019, 09:38 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
People who really mess up usually work hard to assign the blame elsewhere to try and stop the guilt.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I will never understand why people who suffer through a tragedy like this, go on talk shows. I would not want to be in the public eye, for all the negative comments that are made about my family.....Are they looking for a pay out? It seems it was Grampa`s fault....
It's a sign of the times.

Every little personal matter is to be shared to the public, every single incident posted on social media.

There is no sense of shame in our narcissist society. Plus, milk all the sympathy for GoFundMe pleas.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,142,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
People who really mess up usually work hard to assign the blame elsewhere to try and stop the guilt.
Bingo!

Old 07-22-2019, 09:55 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
If they sue, the defense attorneys are going to have a heyday with this family. It will be open season, and they will leave no stone unturned. The family will literally be gutted, and what will remain will, in all likelihood, be fractured relationships and no closure.

They should think long and hard about suing Royal Caribbean, which, IMO, has absolutely no fault in this tragedy.
Thissssssssssss.

Or they pay them to go away.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,139 times
No, I would NOT pay them a single cent to go away. In fact, if the family does file a complaint, they risk that Royal Caribbean will demand that their attorney's fees be paid by the family, which, although it may seem heartless, RC may elect to do.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:39 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasth View Post
The family was on the today show this morning putting full blame on Royal Caribbbean, calling it a child's play area, and saying the cruise line should have made it more safe. The fact that the grandfather picked her up and put her in an unsafe position is key here. Royal Caribbean cannot safeguard against someone making a bad decision. Furthermore, it was not a childs play area as seen by numerous photos and videos so holding onto that claim is not helping them. The article stated that police initially said it was the grandfather who admitted to holding her out the window . I thought that report had come from eyewitnesses and it would explain why the police was contemplating charges. If he did admit it then changed his story that means he knows deep down it was his fault. The video will tell the truth. There are reports the family intend to sue by end of month.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/royal-car...132435876.html
Whether it was a child's play area or not, the area WAS safe!. The height of the windows was well over the ability of any kids to climb up to them and risk falling out. Make the area "safer" for whom, for idiot relatives holding tiny tots up to open windows? Companies can't foresee the careless impulses of the adults in charge of their own children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events