Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 09:27 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
If it was 'just an accident' that shouldn't be punished, and the family doesn't want it because it's pouring salt on the wound, then why were they so adamant about blaming the cruise line and wanting to sue? They surely wanted to punish the cruise line. It's only justice in your eyes if it goes against the cruise line?
I never stated I was rooting for them to win their lawsuit. Are you saying the grandfather should be charged because the family is suing the cruise line? Like in a “serves them right” kind of way?? Yes justice by vindictiveness that always works out well.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The family was asked if they wanted to view the video back in July. They said no, it wasn't something they wanted to view.
Because it was still fresh it just happened. They did want their attorney to see it, but we’ll Caribbean said no to that. But since then they have been petitioning to get the video since it happened. I mean in my opinion, they need to see it especially the grandfathers attorney now. I think it’s ridiculous to force parents to either watch it themselves or not have access to it at all. There’s no reason the attorney shouldn’t be able to see it. Why are they trying not to release it anyway?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:31 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Because it was still fresh it just happened. They did want their attorney to see it, but we’ll Caribbean said no to that. But since then they have been petitioning to get the video since it happened. I mean in my opinion, they need to see it especially the grandfathers attorney now. I think it’s ridiculous to force parents to either watch it themselves or not have access to it at all. There’s no reason the attorney shouldn’t be able to see it. Why are they trying not to release it anyway?
But you're claiming RC isn't allowing the family to see the video. They are allowed to see it, they were asked to view it. They don't want to.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
This.

I don't get that either...a kickback????
OK a favor because of the amount of money they get from Royal Caribbean. Is that clearer?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I never stated I was rooting for them to win their lawsuit. Are you saying the grandfather should be charged because the family is suing the cruise line? Like in a “serves them right” kind of way?? Yes justice by vindictiveness that always works out well.
The grandfather should be charged because he killed his granddaughter. She is dead because of his negligent actions that day on the cruise ship.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The point is, he was at fault. The parents are preparing to sue RCC, for something that was the grandfather’s fault.
So he is being charged because the family is suing. Is that what you’re saying? Criminal charges should have nothing at all to do with a civil lawsuit.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
So he is being charged because the family is suing. Is that what you’re saying? Criminal charges should have nothing at all to do with a civil lawsuit.
I completely agree with you, but I sense that's the case here also. Criminal charges should have nothing to do with a lawsuit.

But. I sense as a professional courtesy, the Island is backing RCC and assisting them in defending themselves against the lawsuit.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:39 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
No. The family is claiming it was a negligence by another party. And preparing to sue. It makes complete sense to me that knowledge of the truth should be made public. Since the family claimed no responsibility, they rather brought this on themselves.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 10-29-2019 at 10:06 AM..

Old 10-29-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I completely agree with you, but I sense that's the case here also. Criminal charges should have nothing to do with a lawsuit.

But. I sense as a professional courtesy, the Island is backing RCC and assisting them in defending themselves against the lawsuit.
So a grandfather kills his granddaughter, even saying that the events outlined in the media are true. But the police are corrupt for charging this man for the little girls death?

I really do not understand this line of thinking.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So a grandfather kills his granddaughter, even saying that the events outlined in the media are true. But the police are corrupt for charging this man for the little girls death?

I really do not understand this line of thinking.
Who's saying "corrupt"?

Did you quote the wrong post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events