Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm trying to find the article that I read yesterday about this...but I thought the article said she had JUST boarded...the flight crew found her outfit offensive, and asked the flight attendant to say something to her. The flight attendant walked with Dr. Rowe, off the plane, and onto the jetway.

I don't think many passengers actually got to see her when this all went down. Not until she was covered with a blanket.
She was asked to step off the plane by a male flight attendant. Then she and her 8 year old son were greeted by a female airline employee (probably a troubleshooter) and asked if she had a jacket. She apparently did not, so she was given a blanket and allowed to reboard. There was a moment there that she was told she may not be able to reboard due to the way she was "defending her outfit" but they got that worked out and she was allowed to take her seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 08:44 AM

308 posts, read 212,022 times
From the other pictures of her on the internets;in her white coat and in her workout outfit...I think she's hot as hell.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's not working as a pediatrician, far as I can tell.

She's practicing 'family medicine' whatever that means.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Well, ironically, this is exactly what American Airlines was doing, in asking her to cover up. "Minding their business". That is, taking care of their company's best interests. Which is exactly what "mind your business" means. There are two sides of that coin. It doesn't ONLY mean ignore other people, it also means spend your time not worrying about other people's interests, but rather, focus on your own interests. Which is exactly what the two employees were doing.

It's in their best interest to set a standard for dress. That elevates their business.

And why exactly is chastising women on their clothing choices in an airlines best interest?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Maybe she smelled awful and they figured they could contain it with a blanket, and used fashion as an excuse?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And why exactly is chastising women on their clothing choices in an airlines best interest?
Why do you think many businesses have dress codes, that they enforce?

There's your answer.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Why do you think many businesses have dress codes, that they enforce?

There's your answer.
And what about her outfit violated this dress code? Her shorts were an appropriate length, her boobs weren't hanging out... Are women not allowed to show their shoulders on planes? If so, that is something the airlines need to let customers know when they book their flight.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
And what about her outfit violated this dress code? Her shorts were an appropriate length, her boobs weren't hanging out... Are women not allowed to show their shoulders on planes? If so, that is something the airlines need to let customers know when they book their flight.
I don't disagree. It makes it easier on them if they publish their dress code.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I don't disagree. It makes it easier on them if they publish their dress code.
But why do you think her outfit would even go against any dress code?

And we're talking about an airplane, not a Michelin star restaurant.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
But why do you think her outfit would even go against any dress code?

And we're talking about an airplane, not a Michelin star restaurant.
It's not up to me to decide what standard they want to enforce for their clientele, Sundaydrive. It's up to them.

I don't see how it serves any purpose for me to opine on her outfit, although I've done it already in this thread.

Businesses that want to attract an elegant, well-behaved customer base enforce dress and behavior rules.

And I could CERTAINLY write a dress code that would rule out what she was wearing.

This isn't the beach, and it's not Walmart. AA is in a very competitive business, and likely is fighting not to become a Walmart airline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events