Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times

Advertisements

So the gossip sites (blind) are saying this woman has already shot a pilot for a talk show and was trying to shop a reality show before this happened.

This all makes complete sense.

This was the way she can get her ten minutes of fame are to drag American Airlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
So the gossip sites (blind) are saying this woman has already shot a pilot for a talk show and was trying to shop a reality show before this happened.

This all makes complete sense.

This was the way she can get her ten minutes of fame are to drag American Airlines.
I saw that too.

Um hm. Everything kind of shifts into focus.

You can google her name and watch it. I didn't get past the first 2 minutes.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:46 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Googling her name, it appears she does "trauma counseling" sometimes with canines, sounds pretty much like a life coach, in a business she owns.

She no longer submits payments to insurance, (read, insurance doesn't pay for her services) but will provide itemized bills so that her patients can advocate for themselves with their providers.

Um hm. I was just really struggling to picture her in a lab coat with a stethoscope around her neck.
Quote:
This is a discussion, metlakatla, so I did google it to see more about her. I guess when you post responses on threads, you don't bother to discover more of the story, you just kind of shoot from the hip with no extra information.

According to the article, the two flight attendants who took issue with how she was dressed were BOTH black, so I'm not sure why she feels like it was a race issue?

I'm just picturing the physicians I've known all my life, who have treated me, my family, my kids. I can't NOT imagine them posting things on social media in a skimpy outfit whining that they were humiliated for wearing too little on a flight. I really CAN'T picture it, ANY of them doing that, and there are SO MANY doctors I've encountered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/10/u...-cover-up.html
Quote:
She's not working as a pediatrician, far as I can tell.
You apparently don't know how to google very well. The person in question is a black MD, not a white social worker, who is the one you've been talking about.

White social worker
https://trisharowe.com/about-me/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
I don't think her outfit is very flattering, and it's not something I would wear, but I don't see anything indecent about it. Since I wasn't there, I can't comment on the race issue, whether or not she escalated things or whether she is being overly dramatic (or is justifiably defending herself). I do know, however, that as a white woman, I have never been unfairly judged based on my race, and I certainly believe that happens to many POC.

And her credentials are very easy to verify. If you go to the Texas Medical Board site under the Look Up a License tab, and enter her name (Latisha Rowe), it indicates she graduated from a well regarded US allopathic medical school, did her residency at Baylor College of Medicine (which is a top 25 institution), obtained her full license in 2011, and is Board Certified in Family Medicine. Not sure what type of practice she has now, but her education and training background is solid.

Yes, exactly. The other poster had a completely different person yet felt free to attack and dismiss this woman's educational and professional status when she wasn't capable of correctly googling who she was.

Black physician
https://tisharowemd.com/about-1

Old 07-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Sorry! I mean that.

Actually, I usually am very good at Google, missed that one.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Well then, best for some not to show so much skin in a color and shape that would be offensive to so many people. If you do not have a model body and lightly tanned skin, you should not wear a romper in public, and stay off the beaches, too. And don't forget to shave your head as well because anything beyond shoulder length will make others uncomfortable. In other words, you don't look good enough to wear that.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,131,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
One issue I see that nobody has addressed is flight safety. Natural fabrics, long pants, and solid shoes are obviously better than flip flops and a strapless polyester romper in an emergency.

Having said that, I know most people don't consciously dress for emergencies. But even a shrug or sheer beach coverup would have gone along way toward making the outfit more acceptable on anyone.

But if there was an emergency, like if people had to evacuate, even if she had a wardrobe malfunction and her breasts were exposed, would this be such an issue? Wouldn't people be too concerned with their safety and lives at that point to notice/care if she got exposed? Seems like I didn't read about any casualities/fatalities when Janet Jackson had her wardrobe malfunction---look how many millions of people survived that!

Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
That outfit wouldn't pass dress code in a public school. Why is that? What particular descriptors of that clothing choice would be inappropriate in a high school?
I didn't realize she was a high school student...

Old 07-11-2019, 12:20 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,131,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
She's practicing 'family medicine' whatever that means.

Family medicine is a newer term for general medicine. It's a completely legitimate area of practice and one which sorely needs doctors since so many medical students are attracted to the more lucrative specialties. Whatever anyone thinks of the doctor's choice of fashions, both in terms of whether it is classy/flattering or inappropriate for air travel), let's not deride this woman's educational and professional achievements. If she did something wrong I don't think she should be given a pass just because she is a doctor. But since she did something that not everyone agrees is wrong (and which even the airline admits they were in the wrong), let's not pretend she isn't a real doctor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_medicine

Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Sorry! I mean that.

Actually, I usually am very good at Google, missed that one.
That's okay, sometimes it happens. On the TMB site, there is nobody named "Tisha" Rowe, but there is a Latisha Rowe, and the woman in questions meets that profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
But if there was an emergency, like if people had to evacuate, even if she had a wardrobe malfunction and her breasts were exposed, would this be such an issue? Wouldn't people be too concerned with their safety and lives at that point to notice/care if she got exposed? Seems like I didn't read about any casualities/fatalities when Janet Jackson had her wardrobe malfunction---look how many millions of people survived that!
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching some footage of a commercial jet that had to make an emergency landing (can't remember what airline or where it was). The chutes had deployed, and people were sliding down them and I would say at least half of the people walking away from the plane were carrying some personal item like a large purse or computer bag.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:29 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Most of us wouldn't go dumpster diving in that ridiculous outfit. It's hideous.

That being said, what's publicly indecent about it? The employee who told her to cover up didn't do that without prompting from American Airlines. Something is very wrong, and AA needs to fix it. They are making their employees "the clothing police", which apparently calls for subjective opinions from the staff. AA needs to stand behind their employees instead of throwing them to the wolves when someone complains.

The "doctor" should reconsider her fashion sense especially when being out in public. Her outfit was worn to draw attention. Well, she certainly received it... and now she's going public in order to receive more. This attention hound gets no sympathy or support from me.

Why do you put parenthesis around doctor? She's a very accomplished woman. And so what if her attire was to draw attention to her assets? Lots of us women dress to draw attention to our assets.

Attention hound? She might be. I don't know. But if AA hadn't called her out, she would've had to look elsewhere for attention. That's on AA. And seeing as how AA Corporate ALSO thinks she was treated unfairly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events