Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out my approach to buying my next container of ice cream. I want to open and see if the seal is there but if I do that, security guards will come running! My idea is to get an employee, have him tell me or open the container to see if it's sealed.

How do we buy ice cream anymore without checking for finger-prints, spit, nose blow or urine in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 04:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm trying to figure out my approach to buying my next container of ice cream. I want to open and see if the seal is there but if I do that, security guards will come running! My idea is to get an employee, have him tell me or open the container to see if it's sealed.

How do we buy ice cream anymore without checking for finger-prints, spit, nose blow or urine in it?

likely the manufacturers are going to seal the containers like they do other food products, with heat shrink wrapping around the lid on the outside so that its obvious if the seal has been tampered with or not.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:52 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,401 times
A long while ago it was supposedly a guy tampering with the Tylenol. Now they'll have to start making tamper-proof ice cream containers.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:07 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i wouldnt, i dont care how vile the person on the receiving end of tainted food is. once you start down the path of doing something like this to someone like say hitler, or pol pot, and consider it ok because the person is so vile, it then just takes a few steps further down to make it ok for less vile people, until it gets to the point where you can reconcile doing it o anyone for any reason.

we have to step up and say things like this are unacceptable regardless of who is the victim of such a crime, other wise the slippery slope kicks in.
I agree, I don't care who would be on the receiving end. To me it's disturbing and a sick thing to do. I wouldn't lower myself to do it (no pun intended). It always amazes me how it's played for laughs in movies, TV, etc.

Something just occurred to me. When these people lick something and put it back, I wonder if it's ever happened that it had already been licked by someone before them.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:09 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I agree, I don't care who would be on the receiving end. To me it's disturbing and a sick thing to do. I wouldn't lower myself to do it (no pun intended). It always amazes me how it's played for laughs in movies, TV, etc.
Yes, that’s a good point. The French toast scene from the movie Road Trip comes to mind.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
I don't get the point of this trend. I saw a video where a woman picks up bottle of Listerine, gargles, spits it back into the bottle and puts it back on the store shelf.

This is going to end with even more hard to open packaging security measures.
I don't know when that video that you saw was shot, but I do know that Listerine uses safety seals now and has for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, that’s a good point. The French toast scene from the movie Road Trip comes to mind.
If I saw that movie, I don't remember it. (Thankfully? lol)

Old 07-15-2019, 03:36 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I don't know when that video that you saw was shot, but I do know that Listerine uses safety seals now and has for quite some time.

If I saw that movie, I don't remember it. (Thankfully? lol)
The kid complained in a diner because they put powdered sugar on his French toast. When the waitress brought it back to the cook, he put it down the back of his pants to wipe the sugar off on his butt, really wiggled it around good, then they served it to him again.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,627,751 times
I cannot believe what I'm seeing
In the ice cream she had been peeing
And not only that,
She also had spat
A rather deranged human being.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The kid complained in a diner because they put powdered sugar on his French toast. When the waitress brought it back to the cook, he put it down the back of his pants to wipe the sugar off on his butt, really wiggled it around good, then they served it to him again.
Well, I suppose I brought that on myself.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
A long while ago it was supposedly a guy tampering with the Tylenol. Now they'll have to start making tamper-proof ice cream containers.
And they ruined Halloween for kids that year. I think it was 1982 and Halloween was cancelled because people were dying because of tampered bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events