Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 08:26 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know. Incredible force, the anger of being rejected by a lover.
In cases like this it's usually not about being rejected by the lover but having their kids taken from them. If they're going to kill over spurned love, they usually cut to the chase and just kill the ex. When they kill the kids it's a way of saying "you took my kids from me so now I'll do the same to you."

Quote:
Baltimore guy, women don't do this.
That's because women almost never lose custody battles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 08:38 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
In cases like this it's usually not about being rejected by the lover but having their kids taken from them. If they're going to kill over spurned love, they usually cut to the chase and just kill the ex. When they kill the kids it's a way of saying "you took my kids from me so now I'll do the same to you."

That's because women almost never lose custody battles.
In my observation, men usually do this before there is any court designation of custody, but maybe that's just my impression. It seems to usually happen in the early stages when the woman is leaving.

That's the most dangerous time for women, too.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
No, it was not.

I would not cite a name of Chris as a risk factor (a quick Google search reveals a variety of other names) however there are factors common to this kind of case.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/230412.pdf

- Prior history of domestic violence. (check.)
- Access to guns. (check.)
- Substance abuse. (check.)
- Possessive, jealous type. (check.)
- Unemployment. (check.)
- Disagreements over money (check), sex (check), and children (check.)
- Radical and significant changes in the person's social and economic environment (check - he was put out of the military for medical reasons.)
- Overenmeshment: "a condition in which perpetrators either view “their family members as possessions that they control or [they] don’t see any boundaries between their identity, their wife and their children. And so these are suicides of the entire family, where the anomic, overly enmeshed individual can’t bear to leave the pain behind and so takes his wife and children with him,” (My ex viewed the family as part of his identity, in this way, so...check.)

This is just from a very brief synopsis about the study, not even the actual full content of the study that was conducted.
No, of course there are lots of others. It's just that in three well-known ones the guy were named Chris, so it's kind of a darkly humorous meme among true crime junkies.

Josh Powell is another well-known case obviously not named Chris.

Good list of characteristics found in these types.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:46 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Baltimore guy, women don't do this. They do sometimes kill their children, but I've never ever seen a mother kill her child to make the father suffer.

They sometimes beat a child to death in a rage, or get rid of children who are inconvenient and try to make it appear like a stranger did it, or they hear voices telling them to kill their children.

Can you find an example where a woman was seeking revenge on her husband, so she killed her child to make him suffer?
I do know of one. My friend's niece was in prison for a while as a result of a major drug bust. When she got out, she was telling us stories of some of the women she met while she was serving time. One woman killed her baby and then cooked it and tried to feed it to her husband because she felt that he loved the baby more than he loved her and was paying the baby more attention. My friend's niece said the woman had absolutely no remorse over what she had done. Said it was her husband's fault in the first place.

That was one of her more disturbing tales.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:36 AM

291 posts, read 159,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I always tell my kids, who you marry is the single biggest factor in the happiness or misery of your life.

What a horrible story; that poor baby.
So true. My greatest wish for my (5 year old) daughter (and my son, really) is to find a decent person to share their life with.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:46 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do know of one. My friend's niece was in prison for a while as a result of a major drug bust. When she got out, she was telling us stories of some of the women she met while she was serving time. One woman killed her baby and then cooked it and tried to feed it to her husband because she felt that he loved the baby more than he loved her and was paying the baby more attention. My friend's niece said the woman had absolutely no remorse over what she had done. Said it was her husband's fault in the first place.

That was one of her more disturbing tales.
See, when you hear a story like that, and the woman isn't holding her head in her hands saying she can't believe she did that, you have to realize - there is nothing that woman won't do. Nothing.

I hope she was given life without the chance of parole, ever.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:51 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,727 times
Quote:
Baltimore guy, women don't do this. They do sometimes kill their children, but I've never ever seen a mother kill her child to make the father suffer.

They sometimes beat a child to death in a rage, or get rid of children who are inconvenient and try to make it appear like a stranger did it, or they hear voices telling them to kill their children.

Can you find an example where a woman was seeking revenge on her husband, so she killed her child to make him suffer?

No? Women seem to drown their own children, usually multiple children, in the bathtub all the time. This is the first instance that I've seen of a father intentionally shooting their own child, but I'm sure there are others. Still, the bathtub thing seems common.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 AM

249 posts, read 195,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
This kind of thing happens because people believe in heaven. He believed that though he may go to hell, his daughter would go to heaven.

Too bad he is wrong and they are both in the void of oblivion while the mother lives a hell on Earth.
All evidence points to this imo, though I think it's comforting for some to believe they'll have an afterlife.

The bottom line is that Christians believe all can be forgiven, so they can kill their kids, ask for forgiveness, and land in heaven. Am I right? I was raised a Christian, and I think I remember that all one had to do was ask for forgiveness.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Demonic! There are a lot of deeply mentally ill people in our society who are not getting the help they need.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
No? Women seem to drown their own children, usually multiple children, in the bathtub all the time. This is the first instance that I've seen of a father intentionally shooting their own child, but I'm sure there are others. Still, the bathtub thing seems common.
Are you serious - this is the first instance of a father shooting his child?

I don't want to derail this thread and get off topic into other cases, but you might want to google that. Father shoots child or father kills child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events