Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 09:15 AM

43,058 posts, read 18,223,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I said I don't see how to stop it, meaning I don't think I can stop it. I agree, like I said, I think they are playing together too closely. But they're not my kids.

"GET OFF MY LAWN!" lol
Speak up. Go talk to their parents or call them up on the phone.

I've already stopped neighbors from walking up to me to chat because they aren't taking this seriously.

I go out of my way to keep a distance and when I got back from the beach a neighbor starting walking up to my truck to talk to me. I held my hand out and said "6 feet".

Old 03-23-2020, 09:19 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Governor of Texas says there aren't enough people with the virus to issue a more stringent quarantine.
That's exactly how you get more people to have the virus.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
About the masks, I would rather purchase them as soon as possible. I was late and unfortunately pharmacies ran out of them in Spain. What was my surprise this morning when I tried to purchase one in Amazon and the delivery would be for the end of May!
I don't think there's any available in the US either.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:21 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There has also been some tweets that the CDC is going to let people go back to work if they wear masks.
The tweet came from a PBS journalist. I've been watching for a CDC guidance release but haven't seen anything yet on it.
Wonder where they will get the masks.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Governor of Texas says there aren't enough people with the virus to issue a more stringent quarantine.
In Texas. Hes's only in charge of what goes down in Texas. He specifically said he is leaving this up to individual counties, since many counties in Texas haven't even had a single case of coronavirus, and certainly no deaths. There have been six deaths total in Texas (most elderly with preexisting health issues), out of 27 million plus people.

But cities and counties are free to implement stricter quarantines, and they have and continue to do so, with support from the governor. For instance, Dallas County just announced a shelter in place to go into effect today. Dallas County has 131 of the fewer than 500 cases in Texas, and 36 deaths.

This makes sense in my opinion, as a Texan. I live in Smith County, TX about an hour and a half east of Dallas County. We have 10 cases here, and no deaths. In fact, I don't believe that any of the cases are in serious condition, even though a big chunk of them are in elderly people with preexisting conditions. So far, no pending orders to shelter in place for us, though that could change.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,972,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The incompetence continues. Here fill out this health questionnaire, and then throw it in the trash. Because nobody is actually going to look at it.

LAX coronavirus screenings haphazard, international travelers complain - Los Angeles Times
That was where everything started.... the beginning of widespread transmissions :”/

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I have been counting days since last out also. By the time I get to 2 weeks since last being at the supermarket (and start to feeling safe) , it will be time to make another food run.
It's only been a week since I made my last shopping trip. I could probably go a couple more weeks without shopping, but I'm thinking about making the trip now. I don't feel too unsafe doing it, because as of now I haven't heard of any COVID-19 cases in my local area. But as fast as it is spreading, I know it's just a matter of time, before it will be here. I'm thinking maybe it's best to get stocked up now, before it gets worse. To say nothing, if the inventory problems continue to get worse, it might be harder to shop later.

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Speak up. Go talk to their parents or call them up on the phone.

I've already stopped neighbors from walking up to me to chat because they aren't taking this seriously.

I go out of my way to keep a distance and when I got back from the beach a neighbor starting walking up to my truck to talk to me. I held my hand out and said "6 feet".
Well, to be fair, I haven't lived here long and I don't know most of the parents. But I have been very adamant about keeping social distancing in place personally.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:26 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Taiwan is currently closed to all non-citizens/non-legal residents so she will be refused entry. She might be able to go to immigration in Japan and request an extension of her stay in Japan. Taiwan just declared an amnesty for visitor visa overstayers so it is being done.
Thanks for the reply. Late last night, she texted us that she's been given a 90 day extension to stay in Japan.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:26 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,244,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You might change your mind if you were rotting in a COVID-19 infested jail cell surrounded by coughing inmates, and every time you tried to call your lawyer, you got a recording saying, they were closed until further notice due to the Coronavirus emergency. Just saying.
In NY there are rumors that they arent even letting the lawyers in to see the inmates. And i should have been more clear, I meant real estate attorneys for home closings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events