Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 11:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
There is something to be said about fresh meat, I know, something about the texture, I think. I don't eat a lot of red meat, so I don't really notice the difference. With fish or chicken, it's okay, too but you have to be really on top of the dates. I do know that when it's been in the freezer for a while, it starts to have ice crystals and then it looks not so appetizing, but if you write dates on the pkgs, it helps.

I don't think banks give out TVs anymore, but they do give some things out like piggy banks, but not to the degree of a TV. I also remember supermarkets having dish collections and the more you spend you get points toward earning plates, mugs, etc. and even encyclopedia sets, I remember Funk and Wagoners (?). I think we only got to G.
I got $300 for opening a new account. That will buy a nice TV nowadays!

Old 04-22-2020, 11:45 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times
I've been having nasal stuff, feels like allergy or the dust I am kicking up during my organizing project. The organizing project is really driving me crazy, it's not fun anymore, I got a lot of magazines I haven't had time to read through the years and I am trying to fast read each one. I am going through every nook and cranny. I don't really mind the nasal stuff, and I know it is not a common symptom of coronavirus but still it makes me think back to when I was in a store a few days ago, in line and you get to the doorway, no way is there a six feet clearance but people just usually go through the door in a second. This man, I don't know if he was leaving work, but he was so jolly and laughing to the guys behind the counter, yeah, laughing as he was going through the door and right over my head, he wasn't wearing a mask. I was wearing a mask though and I quickly turned away, there was nowhere for me to go. It got me angry. I know he wasn't thinking but please learn to be more aware. These are not normal times. I don't think I got it but the mind goes to dark places sometimes. Just a few weeks ago, I probably wouldn't even had thought twice about this.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:47 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do not think you understand why it is inadvisable for children to be in stores at this time. It is simple:

1. They may be asymptomatic carriers. They do not socially isolate well. They can spread the virus all over the store.

2. They may get infected at the store, because they do not socially isolate well. They can then become asymptomatic carriers and infect their families.

3. While children are at lower risk to get COVID-19, it does happen.

The initial conversation about this was in relation to large family groups shopping together, often without masks, including one observation of a child who licked a cucumber and put it back in the display. No, I do not want a child like that in a store. They put everyone in the store at risk, including the people pulling orders for delivery.

By the way, there are stores, including Walmart, that offer curbside pickup. Place the order, pay, and it is put in the trunk for you.
You just described a lot of adults also. Didn’t a professional basketball player laugh about the virus and lick a microphone?

Old 04-22-2020, 11:49 PM

10,363 posts, read 7,993,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
At the very least hospitals and health care needs to open up for procedures other than just Covid 19.
I’m my area, we’re going to start resuming elective medical procedures (slowly at first, I’m sure) on May 4th.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
You just described a lot of adults also. Didn’t a professional basketball player laugh about the virus and lick a microphone?
And adults are coughing on produce on purpose. I've also seen three videos of adults opening various drink containers like juice, sipping them, and putting them back. Over and over. Like 5 in a row.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I got $300 for opening a new account. That will buy a nice TV nowadays!
Yes, that's true I forgot about the bonuses, all I thought was the tangible TV but you can buy a good TV for that money!

Old 04-22-2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, the basketball player later tested positive for the coronavirus and he apologized to the media that were present that day during his press conference (when the incident happened). Also, there was even a social media woman that licked a toilet. Where are their brains?

Old 04-22-2020, 11:56 PM

A public toilet.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
And adults are coughing on produce on purpose. I've also seen three videos of adults opening various drink containers like juice, sipping them, and putting them back. Over and over. Like 5 in a row.
Why can't we blast all these idiots out into space? They can kill themselves if they want

Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
At the very least hospitals and health care needs to open up for procedures other than just Covid 19.
That is a problem when it comes to returning to normal. I am 73 and I have many dead or dying trees on my property because of the invasive pest (almost like the corona virus). But I was, before the pandemic, cutting down most of the trees myself. But cutting down trees, even for the young and healthy, is dangerous. Many things can go wrong. So now I am not cutting because I do not want to take a chance of a serious injury that I would have to be hospitalized for.

I also get kidney stones from time to time. So far I have been able to pass most of them without help. But I worry if that will always be the case. None of us wants to go to the hospital today because of possible exposure to this new life threatening disease. I have to wonder what happened to the 'elective' surgery that many had scheduled before Covid 19?

I had three teeth that were prepared for a bridge just before and then almost did not have the bridge installed because of my dentist shutting down. Fortunately they opened just to have the caps, crowns and bridges installed that had been previously ordered.

What we think now is different than what we thought six months ago. Our world has changed and we have changed. Our priorities have also shifted. It is hard to look in a crystal ball and see where all of this will lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events