Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 05:28 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

lol! There is a thing on fb about some representative in Ohio testing O2 levels after wearing a mask and showing how we will suffocate.

I said oh no! Someone tell all the Drs. and nurses and Dentists and.................lol!

Old 06-27-2020, 05:44 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
lol! There is a thing on fb about some representative in Ohio testing O2 levels after wearing a mask and showing how we will suffocate.

I said oh no! Someone tell all the Drs. and nurses and Dentists and.................lol!
Schrodinger’s Face Mask: Simultaneously too flimsy and porous to keep germs out; and yet such a powerful barrier it keeps oxygen out and carbon dioxide in.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Schrodinger’s Face Mask: Simultaneously too flimsy and porous to keep germs out; and yet such a powerful barrier it keeps oxygen out and carbon dioxide in.
They are magically terrible.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:05 PM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
It is hard to take seriously when police don't do it and it fuels conspiracy theories too. The people enforcing the rules are not following them, if they were really needed wouldn't they be?
Unfortunately today I think a lot depends on their political persuasion. People keep saying folks resist masks due to the lie early on but I don’t think it’s the reason. I think the political divisions and the refusal of our leaders to even say “please wear a mask” let alone actually wear one is the reason. It’s now seen as an infringement on personal freedom. People who wear masks are called sheeple now on the Politics board. Did you happen to see that ridiculous city council meeting in Palm Beach county? People actually arguing that wearing masks was an affront to God. I don't think those people would wear masks no matter what experts said early on.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-27-2020 at 06:18 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 06:07 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
That is absolutely hilarious!

Old 06-27-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It was weird of them to lie considering that when they started recommending them they recommended bandanas and there was never a bandana shortage. If they believed bandanas would work, they should have told the public that from day one.
They never said bandanas were actually as effective, they said they’re better than nothing. Aside from that, I don’t think anyone knew from day one what was going to be effective and what wasn’t. We knew very little about this in the beginning.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:12 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
They are magically terrible.
What’s paradoxically terrible (hence the Schrödinger reference) is the “reasoning” of scientific illiterates who disparage mask usage in two diametrically opposing ways and yet claim both are true. Schrödinger’s cat would be disgusted if he wasn’t dead. Or is he??

Old 06-27-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I've said this many times before. However, governments have police powers to regulate the health, welfare, and safety of their citizens. The issue of whether people can be kept from assembling or suffer other restrictions on their liberty in the interest of preventing epidemic disease has been considered. In fact, it was considered recently by our Supreme Court.

You get an opinion on what is constitutional or not. The Supreme Court gets the final word.

California banned religious services to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Some churches claimed this violated the free exercise of religion clause of the First Amendment. The result? Chief Justice Roberts held for the Supreme Court that California could prohibit religious services at least on a limited basis. South Bay Pentecostal Church v. Gavin Newsom, 590 U.S. _________ (2020).

I personally don't believe in allowing either social gatherings at bars or large demonstrations during these times.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-churches.html
There was nothing they could do about the demonstrations. Trying to stop the demonstrations would be akin to saying this is not a good time to own guns, so people can no longer buy guns. It’s much more difficult to stop constitutionally protected actions.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:21 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They never said bandanas were actually as effective, they said they’re better than nothing. Aside from that, I don’t think anyone knew from day one what was going to be effective and what wasn’t. We knew very little about this in the beginning.
Asian countries learned from SARS and went to mandatory masks in January.
Here in the US we think we know better.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:22 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
What’s paradoxically terrible (hence the Schrödinger reference) is the “reasoning” of scientific illiterates who disparage mask usage in two diametrically opposing ways and yet claim both are true. Schrödinger’s cat would be disgusted if he wasn’t dead. Or is he??
I always get a huge laugh when politicians turn into "experts in xxx field"
What comes out of their mouths is priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events