Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 02:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Read one of the phased in openings for Disney Parks would ban over 65's (vulnerable people) from entering. So grandparents will not be allowed inside? Blank that. Can you say AGE Discrimination?

When we lived, and worked in Florida, into our late 60's, husband's company had a free outing for all employees at a Disney Park. Sorry, you over 60 year old employees cannot go to it? We went to some parks with our friends over 60 ALONE WITHOUT KIDS. I know a lot of people do not like elderly going there to begin with.

At 71 all I can say is STOP trying to protect those of us who do not want your protection. Do not treat us as Children.

Do you have a link?

I'd this something Dianey put out, or is it like the OP's post, the thoughts of one person who has no connection to the Walt Disney company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM

50,783 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Do you have a link?

I'd this something Dianey put out, or is it like the OP's post, the thoughts of one person who has no connection to the Walt Disney company?
I would question whether a Disney theme park with social distancing (and therefore far reduced daily attendance) could operate at a profit.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
A financial analysts who is getting paid a lot of money to give investment advice to people all over the world for over 20 years, with a 76.19% success rate. So there is about a 76% chance he is right, and if he is wrong, it might be longer then that.

How is their success at predictions during a pandemic? So many variables. Regardless the thread title should be changed. It is misleading. Disney has said nothing about being closed all year.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:59 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Do you have a link?

A quick google search and I found this:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/fl...ry?id=70451998

"For Walt Disney World and Universal, a phased opening is recommended. Phase 1 would allow for 50 percent park capacity and phase two, 75 percent. At both phases, guests 65 and older are discouraged from attending."

Notice that it does not say banned it says discouraged. They cannot ban 65 and over.

I also found this article:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202004/7419/

Employees would be subject to temperature checks to work, with those testing 100.4 degrees or above sent home. Park employees ages 65 and older would be encouraged to work from home, as would be the case in all business sectors.

Disney would even encourage 65 + to work from home. Notice you don't see it would be mandatory.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:12 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

And stop fudging the data. It's not 28 cases: https://covid.knoxcountytn.gov/case-count.html
Oh my gosh I was off by 6. I'm lying!!! I have no credibility.

238 cases and 34 hospitalizations, whew! Out of a county with 500k+. My nurse and doctor friends are bored.

Knoxville isn't a big city like ATL, DC, etc. but it's still a good size.

People here are out and about and have been for some time, being more careful, and there is zero spike in cases.

I'm going on the lake tomorrow myself!

Old 05-01-2020, 03:41 PM

50,783 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Oh my gosh I was off by 6. I'm lying!!! I have no credibility.

238 cases and 34 hospitalizations, whew! Out of a county with 500k+. My nurse and doctor friends are bored.

Knoxville isn't a big city like ATL, DC, etc. but it's still a good size.

People here are out and about and have been for some time, being more careful, and there is zero spike in cases.

I'm going on the lake tomorrow myself!
No, in post #225 YOU said 28 cases.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
No, in post #225 YOU said 28 cases.
I meant ACTIVE cases. I was 6 off, please I hope I don't go to hell.

And out of those, there are a whopping, stupendous three hospitalizations! 500k plus citizens in Knox County.

Let me put my summer on hold, I'll get right on it.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:47 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,831,016 times
Quote:
I would question whether a Disney theme park with social distancing (and therefore far reduced daily attendance) could operate at a profit.
There are many affluent families who would pay many times current ticket prices if they could go on Space Mountain or the safari tour ten times in a row without waiting in line.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
There are many affluent families who would pay many times current ticket prices if they could go on Space Mountain or the safari tour ten times in a row without waiting in line.
I was too scared to ride that when I went when I was 6.

It's a legit regret in life, lol.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:29 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
In other parks you can buy a VIP pass and walk right past the line, up the rear entrance and ride as many times as you want. Cedar Point charges $350 a person. Expensive but absolutely worth it, I've done it several times.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/vip-tours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events