Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 07:10 PM

43,469 posts, read 18,562,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I simply don't believe things without supporting evidence.
The Government keeps their secrets until there is no one left alive to be held responsible.

Did the Gulf of Tonkin happen ?
Back then you would have said yes because our government said so and the MSM said so.
Today with those documents declassified.....quite a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 07:57 PM

2,612 posts, read 938,785 times
Quote:
I simply don't believe things without supporting evidence.
Well, I do take my best guess on things based on my evaluation of the information available to me. I wish I could only believe things based on supporting evidence but we dont have access to all the evidence most of the time. Lets take Osama Bin Laden. He is definitely not dead but the only people that has the evidence are people that will keep secrets and lie for the government. So we need to form our own judgments about the situation because we know that the entity we would need to rely on for evidence wont willingly supply it to us.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:51 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,626,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The Government keeps their secrets until there is no one left alive to be held responsible.

Did the Gulf of Tonkin happen ?
Back then you would have said yes because our government said so and the MSM said so.
Today with those documents declassified.....quite a different story.
Hindsight is always 20/20. However, that doesn't mean we jump to assumptions about anything else. No supporting evidence, then there's nothing to conclude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Well, I do take my best guess on things based on my evaluation of the information available to me. I wish I could only believe things based on supporting evidence but we dont have access to all the evidence most of the time. Lets take Osama Bin Laden. He is definitely not dead but the only people that has the evidence are people that will keep secrets and lie for the government. So we need to form our own judgments about the situation because we know that the entity we would need to rely on for evidence wont willingly supply it to us.
Osama is alive too? As well as Epstein? Interesting. How about Elvis?

Old 01-25-2022, 08:59 PM

10,271 posts, read 15,138,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The pandemic that simply keeps going on, on, and on like the Energizer bunny.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Hindsight is always 20/20. However, that doesn't mean we jump to assumptions about anything else. No supporting evidence, then there's nothing to conclude.

Osama is alive too? As well as Epstein? Interesting. How about Elvis?
Read your history book.
Read documents that got declassified 50-70 years later.

Hindsight is 20/20 and spot on for those conspiracy theories that got proven true.
Sometimes the past is a good predictor of the future and something to base your decisions from.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Sometimes the past is a good predictor of the future and something to base your decisions from.
Sometimes the past reminds us of other errors/mistakes/lies, like WMD in Iraq. We were either lied to then also, or, they were incredibly inept.
However, I still rule out speculation, imagination, and conspiracy theories, fallacies. I have a terrific imagination, but I never confuse it with the burden of proof.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Sometimes the past reminds us of other errors/mistakes/lies, like WMD in Iraq. We were either lied to then also, or, they were incredibly inept.
However, I still rule out speculation, imagination, and conspiracy theories, fallacies. I have a terrific imagination, but I never confuse it with the burden of proof.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
If you mean "we, the people" then yes, we are lied to a lot. Hence the mistrust in what they tell us.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:42 PM

37,239 posts, read 41,460,327 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't, not unless some FACTS show up.
The monkey could have brought something from Mauritius where it came from. They were being transported here from their homeland.

I don't assume, you know what that does...I also don't use my imagination to create "what ifs!" that are unsubstantiated and create distrust in our CDC.
This.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
If you mean "we, the people" then yes, we are lied to a lot. Hence the mistrust in what they tell us.
Questioning is all good. Coming to conclusions with zero evidence is all bad.

What is the fallacy of inductive reasoning?
Inductive reasoning fallacy that occurs when situations or circumstances being compared are not similar enough. False cause. Causal reasoning fallacy that occurs when a speaker argues with insufficient evidence that one thing caused/causes another.

Last edited by NoMansLands; 01-25-2022 at 09:59 PM..

Old 01-26-2022, 04:10 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,135,189 times
Lightbulb 12 monkeys update - USDA to investigate

It’s clear the time honored tradition is being shown by No-man-should-land.

Purpose is to go off script. Conflate a random off-topic with the ongoing topic, then get this thread closed for going off topic. This used to be called “jacking a thread “ but now it’s a primitive form of censorship. By bantering about off-topic, the posts drift off topic, thus serving their purpose.

To keep this thread Back on topic, two updates here…..

1). One bystander that was helping now has symptoms and it’s not omicron.
https://hbg100.com/2022/01/24/witnes...omment-page-2/

Before anyone goes off the deep end, they are thinking rabies…..cough and pink eye.

2) The USDA is now opening an investigation into the treatment of the monkeys prior to the crash.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/0...rash-site.html

Whole thing started because a Louisiana transportation company hired two incompetent guys that couldn’t drive in snow and they caused the wreck. Saving a buck didn’t work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events