Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 05:18 PM

10,660 posts, read 4,156,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
At first it was just some monkeys that were released (escaped) when a truck hit a dump truck in Pennsylvania. Truck was apparently headed to a zo…..wait, headed to a lab. Uh-oh. And now the CDC is involved trying to get back the monkeys. Isn’t there a script for this somewhere?

https://www.dailyitem.com/news/updat...073436cb4.html
Oh, I guess the Covid isn't working as they planned, so now they are going to plan B for their population control initiative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 05:26 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,631,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Oh, I guess the Covid isn't working as they planned, so now they are going to plan B for their population control initiative.
Really? Take your politics to the right forum. Could be for cancer research for all you or I know.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Those escaped monkeys were killed. Why? Anyone know for sure? I'm guessing it's because once sighted, it was easier to shoot them than to attempt to chase and capture.

They came from Africa. They were on their way to a quarantine lab to be held for 31 days before release.
Released to ... where?

Although I was rooting for the monkeys, I suspect they're all better off dead. The poor things. Sometimes I hate the human race.

Here's a pretty decent account of the incident.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...c-11696e5b791c
They were shot probably because you got cowboys as cops looking for them instead of actual animal experts. Near where I live several years ago, there was a guy named Steve Sipek who lived out in the Loxahatchee area where he owned several big cats. I guess the his house was actually the cage and once you were in the house, you were in the cage. Well a cleaning lady left a door open and a tiger got out. After nearly a week (and the media not helping with their stupid helicopters) some cowboy stumbled across the tiger sleeping and shot it in the head, killing it. It was a very sad scene.

Old 01-23-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Really? Take your politics to the right forum. Could be for cancer research for all you or I know.
. There is nothing political about my post. No more than the people disgusted that these innocent animals are being tortured for some BS medical experiments.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:11 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,512,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
They were shot probably because you got cowboys as cops looking for them instead of actual animal experts. Near where I live several years ago, there was a guy named Steve Sipek who lived out in the Loxahatchee area where he owned several big cats. I guess the his house was actually the cage and once you were in the house, you were in the cage. Well a cleaning lady left a door open and a tiger got out. After nearly a week (and the media not helping with their stupid helicopters) some cowboy stumbled across the tiger sleeping and shot it in the head, killing it. It was a very sad scene.
Good for that cowboy cop! Too bad for the tiger, but.... sheesh!

The owner of those several big cats belong in jail.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:43 PM

2,612 posts, read 941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
More political junk.
A Sumatran Rat Monkey is political?

Old 01-23-2022, 06:50 PM

15,772 posts, read 9,609,220 times
Not surprisingly, there is YouTube video of the monkees escaping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96A0uyFWQHs

Old 01-23-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Good for that cowboy cop! Too bad for the tiger, but.... sheesh!

The owner of those several big cats belong in jail.
Why? He had licenses to own the cats and followed all the codes at the time.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:09 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,074,439 times
All the ones that escaped will be euthanized.

Since they are being used for testing, there is no telling what they might have "caught" while in the wild. Safest thing to do it to euthanize them.

I even question the others who were just sitting in the boxes on the roadside for hours. Odds are they will be euthanized also.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:23 PM

2,166 posts, read 1,172,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
All the ones that escaped will be euthanized.

Since they are being used for testing, there is no telling what they might have "caught" while in the wild. Safest thing to do it to euthanize them.

I even question the others who were just sitting in the boxes on the roadside for hours. Odds are they will be euthanized also.
They were already murdered. The other ones are alive. CDC is a joke, they said the murdered monkeys were "humanely" euthanized, liars. Now they are going to get away with murdering them. I would love to be face to face with the aholes who made that decision. yeah, I'm still really po'd that stupid people get to make "god like" decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events