Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 08:24 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I feel sorry for the kids, and the husband. And yes, I do think that the mother did something wrong. Personally, I think it's wrong for a mother of 5 (or a mother of 1, for that matter) to go out on a party bus at 3:00 in the morning. We don't know if she was drinking, but in general, it's rare to "accidentally" fall out of a bus, absent a certain level of inebriation.

I believe that when you become a parent (yes, this applies to men too), you should accept that certain responsibilities come with it. Your life is not entirely your own anymore. It remains to be seen whether the bus company was negligent. But regardless, in my opinion, parents of young children should not be out at 3:00 a.m. partying and (probably) drinking. They just shouldn't.
Granted, when you become a parent your life is not entirely your own, but you should still have one outside of parental duties. Parents, especially mothers, pretty much have given up their life, idenity, when they have children. You give up (sometimes) your career, your sleep, your selfcare, your free time, your friends, hobbies, education, money, etc. (I know not every parent gives up all of these things, but you get what I'm saying). IMO, to be a good parent one must also be a balanced person and this means some me time, some scrap of identity of who you were before becoming someone little persons entire world. If we get lost being nothing more than someones mommy or daddy how are we to teach our children to discover who they are and become well adjusted, strong, confident individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:25 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
You can have an "opinion" but this isnt grade school where every opinion is valid. Opinions can be wrong and you are wrong in your belief that she shouldnt be out drinking at 3am.
Nope, opinions aren't wrong...you sound ridiculous at this point. It's also possible to feel two ways at the same time- sad that this tragedy happened that she was killed and wondering why she was out on a party bus at 3am dancing with 5 kids at home. End of story. You dont get to tell anyone else how they should feel.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Nope, opinions aren't wrong...you sound ridiculous at this point. It's also possible to feel two ways at the same time- sad that this tragedy happened that she was killed and wondering why she was out on a party bus at 3am dancing with 5 kids at home. End of story. You dont get to tell anyone else how they should feel.
I'm not sure why its a wonder to you. Mothers do not spend 24/7 in the presence of their children. They are allowed to have a life outside of their children, they are allowed to celebrate their birthday with friends, they are allowed to stay up until 3 am and they are allowed to drink.

Now if this mother had left her children unattened and in danger while she was partying, was driving drunk or was getting sloshed in the presence of her children and unable to care for them properly I would have an opinion because she would be putting her kids in harms way and behaving in a dangerous and illegal manner.
But that was not the case. Her kids were safe with their father, she was drinking safely, she was not partying Infront of her kids. What happened, IMO without further investigation, was a freak accident most likely due to safety issues with the bus. The outcome would be no different if she had fallen out of a church bus door while filled with the glory of the Lord, raising her hands in worship and singing praises to God while in route to do charity work.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:45 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm not sure why its a wonder to you. Mothers do not spend 24/7 in the presence of their children. They are allowed to have a life outside of their children, they are allowed to celebrate their birthday with friends, they are allowed to stay up until 3 am and they are allowed to drink.

Now if this mother had left her children unattened and in danger while she was partying, was driving drunk or was getting sloshed in the presence of her children and unable to care for them properly I would have an opinion because she would be putting her kids in harms way and behaving in a dangerous and illegal manner.
But that was not the case. Her kids were safe with their father, she was drinking safely, she was not partying Infront of her kids. What happened, IMO without further investigation, was a freak accident most likely due to safety issues with the bus. The outcome would be no different if she had fallen out of a church bus door while filled with the glory of the Lord, raising her hands in worship and singing praises to God while in route to do charity work.

And amen to that!

Old 02-03-2022, 08:46 AM

Well it is. It is a wonder to me. Am I surprised?? not really because as I mentioned plenty of mothers have this idea that they can live their life however they want even with kids in tow.

If this woman hadnt died this story would be a non issue...however she DID die....so the story is going to be scrutinized and many will wonder why this mother of 5 was out drinking on a party bus. No one said she put her kids in harms way but as a mother of 5 she did put herself in harms way. There's a saying, think before you drink...and i guess situations like this are the reason for this saying.

We could debate this all day. I'm done.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Well it is. It is a wonder to me. Am I surprised?? not really because as I mentioned plenty of mothers have this idea that they can live their life however they want even with kids in tow.

If this woman hadnt died this story would be a non issue...however she DID die....so the story is going to be scrutinized and many will wonder why this mother of 5 was out drinking on a party bus. No one said she put her kids in harms way but as a mother of 5 she did put herself in harms way. There's a saying, think before you drink...and i guess situations like this are the reason for this saying.

No...many will NOT wonder why this woman was on a party bus. YOU continue to wonder...but you're not everyone.

There is nothing here to implicate that she DIDN'T think before she drank. She (indeed, her family) assumed that she WAS safe, out having a fun time with her friends. It was a FREAK ACCIDENT and/or negligence on the part of the bus company that got her killed. Not her drinking. Not her dancing. Not her partying. Not the hour of the day.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:16 AM

lol, yeah I'm not the ONLY one here who thought she shouldnt have been drunk on that bus at 3am.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
lol, yeah I'm not the ONLY one here who thought she shouldnt have been drunk on that bus at 3am.

Yet you defend your POV like your life depends on it. You're definitely committed to it.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:27 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Yet you defend your POV like your life depends on it. You're definitely committed to it.
I am?? Anytime I say anything you feel the need to respond back with YOUR POV basically telling me i'm wrong for mine.

Was this woman a personal friend of yours? Are you a mother who goes out on a party bus at 3am? you are incredibly defensive of this mother.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Yes I know mother's who feel this way. Its called neglect and often their children end up with social services. This is not the case though with this mother and many, many mothers. Mothers who take some me time, however it is they choose to; having drinks on a party bus, going dancing in a club, going to a spa, to the gym, taking classes or volunteering at their church. The majority of their time, though, is spent with their children or doing for their children.

And for what its worth mothers die doing things for their kids, they die doing me time, they die on church busses, they die alone, they die in the presence of their kids. We put ourselves in harms way everyday, driving our kids to school, soccer, doctor appointments, smoking, unhealthy diets, hobbies, work.
Having a few drinks, going out partying on occasion are not the only way one can put their self in harms way. But hey I guess we could isolate ourself in the house until the kids are grown just to be safe.

When my kids and grands were young I would take them target practicing, we went hiking in rough terrain, swimming and boating in lakes and rivers, cannoning, horseback riding, four wheeling. And OMG sometimes I would even stop at the bar and have a drink or two with my coworkers before coming home. I even went out dancing at a club occasionally on a weekend.
Unfortunately, I know a few mothers who died leaving their small children motherless. Three were car accidents on the way to or from work and one of cancer. None from having drinks and dancing on their birthday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events