Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 10:42 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Nobody said that it was "okay because it's legal!" What people, myself included, were saying is that because it's legal and because the company/individual was in business to provide this service, they had a legal obligation to follow safety regulations and will probably be sued by the husband. This came about because someone was commenting that the husband should just accept it and not try to sue.

By the way, this wasn't a drunk driving crash, unless the operator of the bus was drinking.

I don't recall anyone saying the husband shouldn't sue. I said that there could be multiple lawsuits, meaning depending on if the kids all belong to her husband. I wouldn't expect anyone not to sue.

I'm curious how the door even opened when she tripped into it and if she just happened to trip into the handle. I have not read that yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 11:02 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by westminster88 View Post
I agree, there are some awful, miserable people here posting hate. I know deep down they know it too and suffer accordingly.
Sorry but people aren’t suffering because they question why someone would have 5 kids by 29 and still want to go out drinking.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:08 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't recall anyone saying the husband shouldn't sue. I said that there could be multiple lawsuits, meaning depending on if the kids all belong to her husband. I wouldn't expect anyone not to sue.
The implications that the bus company shouldn't be blamed and disparaging comments about the family "looking for a payout" started on the second page.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:26 AM

700 posts, read 446,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Sorry but people aren’t suffering because they question why someone would have 5 kids by 29 and still want to go out drinking.
No, they're suffering in the moments when they realize they have no soul. Which admittedly are probably rare.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:17 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Oh I’ve got soul

Old 02-05-2022, 12:52 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
This is the story, a woman was standing on a moving bus when she tripped and fell into a door that opened and she fell out and was run over. Period, end of story. Judge her solely on that.

Based on what is known at this time all the other nonsense about how many children she had, what time of night it was, whether she had one drink or ten, none of that has any bearing on the fact that the door opened when it shouldn't have.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:20 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
This is the story, a woman was standing on a moving bus when she tripped and fell into a door that opened and she fell out and was run over. Period, end of story. Judge her solely on that.

Based on what is known at this time all the other nonsense about how many children she had, what time of night it was, whether she had one drink or ten, none of that has any bearing on the fact that the door opened when it shouldn't have.
Ah......nice! Voice of reason. Would rep you but cant give out anymore today.
I can hear the protests already. But but! You're not leaving any room for the judgmental presumptive types!

Old 02-05-2022, 03:13 PM

130,170 posts, read 12,088,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post

Thank you. Having kids & having a drink or not mutually exclusive. And people are free to do that, remember Freedom? I don't care for some of the judgments in this thread. May she rest in Peace.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:43 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
A lot of us aren't aware of statistics and there are always outliers who die ironically but being in a moving vehicle with drinking people at 3:00am gives you pretty high statistics of some tragic outcomes. When you're only thirty and have a lot of life ahead of you, hoping to have some time away from the drudgery of responsibilities it's difficult to imagine that you are as vulnerable as any statistic.

I'll concede that we all have a right to ignore that. Arguments that it's legal so you can do it don't hold a lot of weight with me. Not everything that's legal is a good idea.

These sound like good people. Let's hope that there are some among them who take this tragedy to heart and learn what risks they are willing to avoid just in case they can't count on the world to watch after them.

It's a fair assumption that the bus would be prepared to save them from all harm. But anyone who stops and thinks about that reasonably for a minute knows that can't possibly be true. (I'd almost like to add "duh" here.)

At three in the morning you have a very large percent of people under the influence on the road. Nationally three out of four fatal drunk driving accidents happen between the hours of midnight and three.

If one hits the bus there will be little the bus company can do to prevent harm. Try to be smart, kids, and don't be that person in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Can you find any of these statistics that show there’s a high probability of a tragic outcome? There are hundreds of party buses maybe thousands around the country in operation every single night but I haven’t heard of any other deaths. So where are you getting that statistically there’s a high probability of a bad outcome?

Old 02-06-2022, 06:46 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
What does having kids to have to do with wanting to go out drinking? My niece in her 40’s has four kids and she still goes out with her friends. I have never heard of some one say that once you have kids you’re not supposed to want to go out and have fun anymore. And a 30th birthday is a pretty big occasion that most people want to celebrate with friends and a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events