Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 07:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,085,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What I can't imagine is, after they KNEW this happened, this product is still on the market as is, albeit I guess with a scoop. What happens if you don't even realize what that scoop thing is, which would appear to be some sort of a . . . maybe stirrer? Picturing a scoop with the bowl being 1/8 tsp, you'd think it was an item to help seal the bag or something.
Really?

Read the instructions and you'll know what the scoop is for. I doubt anyone would think a scoop is used to seal the bag and not for the more common use of a scoop, which is to measure out dry ingredients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Yep I have read this whole thread and I can't believe there are people who find it ok that there is a product on the market that will kill you if you take a little bit more than a little bit. A few mg is tiny, and a teaspoon is still tiny.
But it wasn't just a little bit more, it was 10x more.

It's not like the dosage is 5 mg and taking 6 mg is deadly.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:52 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 3 days ago)

35,901 posts, read 18,209,654 times
I am so very sad for this man, and his family. Awful loss.

I won't post again in this thread. Those who don't understand the need for consumer products to be user friendly, well, just don't understand it.

Those who want to blame this man for not knowing he had to put a pinch of powder into his drink, instead of the usual dehydrated drink amount, well, I hope you are never in charge of creating consumer products for retail. Because you won't get it.

Last edited by ClaraC; 03-07-2022 at 08:17 PM..

Old 03-07-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Those who want to blame this man for not knowing he had to put a pinch of powder into his drink, instead of the usual dehydrated drink amount, well, I hope you are never in charge of creating consumer products for retail. Because you won't get it.
But why wouldn't someone read the directions instead of assuming they can just add the same amount as some unrelated "'dehydrated drink"?

I wouldn't ignore the instructions for the oxycodone I was prescribed and just think I could take the same dosage as my multi vitamins. That would be dangerous.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:36 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,949,908 times
Quote:
I truly can't either. This is really unconscionable. I can somehow see the death of this man over a year ago, due to extreme carelessness and short-sightedness of the company and manufacturers.

What I can't imagine is, after they KNEW this happened, this product is still on the market as is, albeit I guess with a scoop. What happens if you don't even realize what that scoop thing is, which would appear to be some sort of a . . . maybe stirrer? Picturing a scoop with the bowl being 1/8 tsp, you'd think it was an item to help seal the bag or something.

Take this poison off the market already.
A scoop used to help seal the bag? hahahahahahahahaha

I have never heard anyone ever think that was what a scoop is for. Democrat, right?

Old 03-08-2022, 06:22 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Some people on this thread are so rude.

Anyways. The manufacturers were negligent. It is a clear safety hazard. Yes, they added the instructions on how to use it, but they didn't add a scoop so that people wouldn't guess. Why would people NOT GUESS anyway, it's not like the product is labeled as a drug where portions have to be adhered to strictly. If it's a simple supplement, and can be easily confused with any other powder and most people are not familiar with it, then it needs a little more than just a "hey, dummy, take only an 1/8th of a teaspoon" label. Most people do not know how strong these caffeine supplements can be.

Having said that, I refuse to advice that this product should be locked up so that only the gov has access to it. We already have PLENTY of products that are denied to the people "for our own good".

Old 03-08-2022, 06:48 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,508,418 times
Quote:
There are a LOT of things that matter here, one of which being apparently there is no clear standard for dosage of pure caffeine.

I know you want to blame the consumer here for some reason, but consumers are usually afforded a LOT of protections from products that are very easy to misunderstand or accidentally misuse.

And no, to your earlier comment. No one will need a prescription for consumer grade coffee grounds. Because everyone knows how to use them, or can figure it out close enough to not kill you.

We blame the consumer because he is to blame. If he didn't understand how much product to consume, he shouldn't have guessed and taken ten-times the recommended dose. It is ultimately the consumer's responsibility to know what they are putting into their body.

It's strange how leftists keep rejecting the concept of "personal responsibility", as if it's a huge threat to our lives.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:48 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,949,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Some people on this thread are so rude.

Anyways. The manufacturers were negligent. It is a clear safety hazard. Yes, they added the instructions on how to use it, but they didn't add a scoop so that people wouldn't guess. Why would people NOT GUESS anyway, it's not like the product is labeled as a drug where portions have to be adhered to strictly. If it's a simple supplement, and can be easily confused with any other powder and most people are not familiar with it, then it needs a little more than just a "hey, dummy, take only an 1/8th of a teaspoon" label. Most people do not know how strong these caffeine supplements can be.

Having said that, I refuse to advice that this product should be locked up so that only the gov has access to it. We already have PLENTY of products that are denied to the people "for our own good".
So your keen analysis is, grown adults should not research? Just dive in willy nilly? And when they mess up, don't blame that grown human for their recklessness?

You know who did that? Jim Morrison of the Doors. Hand him something and he'll take it, no questions asked. How'd that turn out?

Old 03-08-2022, 07:04 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,479,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So your keen analysis is, grown adults should not research? Just dive in willy nilly? And when they mess up, don't blame that grown human for their recklessness?

You know who did that? Jim Morrison of the Doors. Hand him something and he'll take it, no questions asked. How'd that turn out?
The part where negligence becomes an issue is when a child can get access to a product and ingest it. If a child can easily get to it and it is this powerful, then maybe my idea of adding a simple scoop is not going to solve the problem. But it probably would have helped if they had added a scoop from the beginning, for an adult. An adult can and should read up on what they consume, but sometimes that is not the case, and while many products out there can make you sick, it's negligent to just sell a product that can so "easily" kill someone without more preventative measures. People are not just getting sick, people are dying. This can be fixed with a little more prevention on their part.

Old 03-08-2022, 08:27 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,508,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The part where negligence becomes an issue is when a child can get access to a product and ingest it. If a child can easily get to it and it is this powerful, then maybe my idea of adding a simple scoop is not going to solve the problem. But it probably would have helped if they had added a scoop from the beginning, for an adult. An adult can and should read up on what they consume, but sometimes that is not the case, and while many products out there can make you sick, it's negligent to just sell a product that can so "easily" kill someone without more preventative measures. People are not just getting sick, people are dying. This can be fixed with a little more prevention on their part.
Oh, here we go! It's about "the poor children"? Pah-lease!

It's amazing what 70 years has done to destroy commonsense and parental and personal responsibility. Today, nobody is expected to think. Only the manufactures have to think, think, and think some more. And when they fail to think properly, the lawyers are there to punish them.

How did any of us survive the 40s, 50s and 60s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events