Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 05:33 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

We know that the maximum weight they mention is wrong because there is a weight limit.

Orlando FreeFall manufacturer owns at least a dozen amusement rides in Florida
Owners are connected to rides in Daytona Beach, Kissimmee
So the owner of the ride lied then... Because the operator manual has a weight maximum listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 10:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
So the owner of the ride lied then... Because the operator manual has a weight maximum listed.

Looks that way unless he was misquoted some how because I'm pretty sure he or the manufacturer have already gone on record saying there is a weight limit. I know it's been posted.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:02 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
And even with or without a posted weight limit, it still falls on the ride operator to ensure that the rider is secured, that the restraint fits, etc. No one is stepping on a scale before getting on a ride. However, visual inspections are very easy to perform for this sort of thing, and anyone who looks at images of the kid in the seat can tell he was far from secured. Operator error and negligence.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:29 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
And even with or without a posted weight limit, it still falls on the ride operator to ensure that the rider is secured, that the restraint fits, etc. No one is stepping on a scale before getting on a ride. However, visual inspections are very easy to perform for this sort of thing, and anyone who looks at images of the kid in the seat can tell he was far from secured. Operator error and negligence.

Totally agree, it's on the employee that the boy is dead

Old 04-15-2022, 03:13 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Stated without knowing all the relevant facts.

Old 04-15-2022, 04:47 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Every time I come back to this thread the same people are arguing about the exact same things and posting the same links. lol 36 pages of it now, most of it the same posts over and over. Why?

Old 04-15-2022, 06:36 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Every time I come back to this thread the same people are arguing about the exact same things and posting the same links. lol 36 pages of it now, most of it the same posts over and over. Why?
They need to blame someone, and if a completely unforeseen design error caused the death (which is the case), that's not satisfying enough. So they keep on and keep on. At some point a mod usually steps in to point out the redundancy of the thread and shuts it down, but I don't see one this time. Yet.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:43 AM

494 posts, read 286,056 times
More and more accidents are happening on these "thrill rides" at theme parks across the country. Is the thrill worth it? Is it for bragging rights? I, personally, can't understand why anyone would even get on one of these rides. I understand that people just need to get their thrills, etc. but, IMO, I would enact a law that someone would have to be over the age of 18 in order to get on one of these types of rides. At least it's an adult making their own decision. Even if one child is saved, the law would be worth it for me.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:51 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
More and more accidents are happening on these "thrill rides" at theme parks across the country. Is the thrill worth it? Is it for bragging rights? I, personally, can't understand why anyone would even get on one of these rides. I understand that people just need to get their thrills, etc. but, IMO, I would enact a law that someone would have to be over the age of 18 in order to get on one of these types of rides. At least it's an adult making their own decision. Even if one child is saved, the law would be worth it for me.
I don't understand why pushing the human body to its limits is considered "fun" by anyone. A simple old-fashioned roller coaster is excitement enough for me. Sadly, I think A LOT of the attraction is social media; taking pics and vids of yourself on them (many now come equipped with cameras; hence the compilations on YouTube of people passing out -- or at least pretending to so they make the cut -- on Slingshot. SM has made us stupid.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:04 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
The thrill is why I love extreme activities and sports. As far as amusement rides, the higher and faster the better! I've already posted that I would rather die doing what I love then die wishing I had done those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events