Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 08:35 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

There's the "nut" who is psychotic and delusional and imagines the whole thing.

Then there's the "nut" in a real relationship who snaps and commits a crime of passion when it ends.

I can't imagine why anyone would automatically conclude it's the former instead of the latter in the absence of evidence except in defense of this supposedly "nice, sweet lady."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 09:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
There are plenty of nuts, and seldom do we know which. But... look at the pics, comments, confessions, history we already know (which isn't enough to be conclusive, yet), but there are several elements of clarity already in this case.

Maybe they were both nuts, maybe one, maybe none.

No one I hear (here) is saying they KNOW 100% of the facts and results of this case, yet.

Could be really drawn out with the lack of a material witness.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:56 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
No offense, but was she a mail-order bride?

Old 04-22-2022, 10:54 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow. No shopkeeper ever bought my mom a rose even once, let alone regularly, lol. It sounds like she knew how to pour on the "sweet", and made a regular practice of it.
I read it as the shopkeeper said the handyman bought her a rose regularly.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:59 AM

986 posts, read 1,016,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
No offense, but was she a mail-order bride?
I had a similar thought. The story is that they met while the husband was "on business" in Hungary, but who knows what actually happened. I am very, very sorry that she was killed - both for her and for her family.

Given that the police have reported that she was having an affair with the perp, I have no reason to doubt them, and I don't think the affair was just in his head. Regardless of whether she was in some type of arranged marriage, it's obvious that she was seeking male attention outside thereof. To be crystal clear, that is NOT a reason for her to be killed and not even if she were sleeping with 100 different men. But I also don't think she was faithful to her husband, at all.

Old 04-22-2022, 11:53 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I read it as the shopkeeper said the handyman bought her a rose regularly.
Thanks. That's what someone on the NYC thread said, too. He apparently had even shown the shopkeeper photos of her, and per the shopkeeper, was very in love with her.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
I had a similar thought. The story is that they met while the husband was "on business" in Hungary, but who knows what actually happened. .
This line of questioning is making me think. I've been having a hard time reconciling the descriptions of her as nice/sweet, with the reality of her running around with different guys. So, maybe it wasn't exactly a mail-order bride situation, but when she met her future husband while he was working in her country, she recognized an opportunity to improve her life for the better. Maybe she saw him as a ticket to a better life in the West. (And I don't want to peddle the stereotype, that everyone in E Europe wants "out", because many don't; they're happy in their own culture.)

But following that tentative theory, if she married not for love, but for the visa, it could explain why she wasn't fully committed to her husband. She was trying to live the life of a swinging single in the West, while having everything provided for her, and not even having to work. Though she did go through with the whole marriage scenario to the extent of having kids to raise. What a compromised life to live, if her heart wasn't really in the marriage!

Just a guess. Just a thought that came to mind, with these mail-order bride questions.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:13 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm not following the case, doesn't seem like there is a lot of information out there. Apparently her husband was supposedly out of state.

I'd like to know who was watching the kid when she went out.

My money is on the husband. Kid was probably sleeping.

His DNA is probably all over her body when he's supposedly out of state. Yeah, ok. Think of another story.

I'm sure cops will order his cell phone records to see what towers his cell calls bounced around to prove where he was or wasn't unless he gave his phone to someone else to go elsewhere with. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a GF who did that.

Someone message me when I'm right lol

It is usually always the husband or jealous lover, especially a brutal crime like this. He was angry about something. Check her cell records too and social media.
While the spouse (husband or wife) are always the primary suspects, people do get killed by strangers, and even family members of those who have personal grudges against a particular person.
Heck in real sick cases, someone will kill the child of a person they hate, as some form of sick payback.

Hopefully the police are sharp and considering every aspect. For anyone who watch "The First 48 Hours", you see how some homicide detectives are very smart, methodical, and relentless. Others seem like inept slugs who do not pound the beat, but instead rely solely on electronic surveillance, phone records, etc.
Even when they interview suspects, they are clueless on how to conduct an interrogation.

While the show is not designed to make any of them look bad, just like with MD's who are brilliant vs. those who are average, detectives are the same way.
I have seen inept ones practically convince the suspect to clam up and ask for a lawyer, vs. those who know how to extract needed information to either get them convicted, or find the actual perp.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I have seen inept ones practically convince the suspect to clam up and ask for a lawyer, vs. those who know how to extract needed information to either get them convicted, or find the actual perp.
What's interesting about this case (well, one of the several things...) is, that the perp didn't seem worried about being caught. He really made no effective effort to hide evidence. He seemed pretty casual about it all, though in the end, he did try to throw away bloody boots and rags, and hid his jacket in a tree. Again--clearly no premeditated m.o., no planning as to how to deal with evidence effectively. Not even any afterthought, really, about how to effectively hide evidence. No concern about hiding the body.
Then when police came looking for him, he went with them without a struggle, and spilled everything under questioning. (Perhaps he didn't know he had the right to a lawyer? Or found out only after police had taken him for questioning. Or figured it was hopeless to resist in any way.) Maybe all of that is what marks it as a "crime of passion", IDK. He didn't even try to hide from police by going AWOL from his jobs. Just resumed his daily life, seemingly without a thought.

Seems unusual.

Old 04-22-2022, 01:16 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's interesting about this case (well, one of the several things...) is, that the perp didn't seem worried about being caught. He really made no effective effort to hide evidence. He seemed pretty casual about it all, though in the end, he did try to throw away bloody boots and rags, and hid his jacket in a tree. Again--clearly no premeditated m.o., no planning as to how to deal with evidence effectively. Not even any afterthought, really, about how to effectively hide evidence. No concern about hiding the body.
Then when police came looking for him, he went with them without a struggle, and spilled everything under questioning. (Perhaps he didn't know he had the right to a lawyer? Or found out only after police had taken him for questioning. Or figured it was hopeless to resist in any way.) Maybe all of that is what marks it as a "crime of passion", IDK. He didn't even try to hide from police by going AWOL from his jobs. Just resumed his daily life, seemingly without a thought.

Seems unusual.
He seems "low I.Q." to me.

Somewhere I'd read how he would drop loving comments on the wife's Facebook page from time to time, and had even posted a picture of the 2 of them on Facebook, I think? If one were carrying on an affair, wouldn't one do a better job of keeping things secret? OR, maybe he was trying to make things come to a head between her and her husband.

But wouldn't a reasonable intelligent handyman figure out he's just a side piece and will always be a side piece? I don't know. I just get the sense he's not very bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events