Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 09:16 AM

103 posts, read 56,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
What does that even mean?
Slash is the Guns N Roses guitarist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 09:52 AM

21,887 posts, read 12,991,949 times
An unfortunate comparison given the name (Slash) but, yes, he does look just like him. Maybe he purposely styled himself after him or maybe it was just an ironic coincidence.

I appreciate Roselvr's giving personal, cultural, and historic context to all this. If not a mail-order bride, she was at least a trophy wife. She certainly "kept herself up" and obviously loved attention from men, so yeah. I, for one, have NO trouble believing they were "discussing home improvement projects" in the basement and elsewhere for two years. She was already looking around for the next admirer when she was murdered.

Roselvr got one detail wrong, however. Bonola was widowed; not married.

It's hard to believe the son slept through all this. It couldn't have been silent unless he slashed her throat from behind by surprise, but then there wouldn't have been defensive wounds. Also, she would have bled out almost instantly from the throat slash. Wounds inflicted after death don't bleed, so why was there a blood trail being left four hours later?

Maybe he wasn't so much heartbroken as furious at being rejected and "cuckholded" (although not the husband) and, once his wounded pride was avenged, was willing to take his lumps for it; hence not trying to escape. Or it was a combination of hurt and rage.

Maybe in her culture, it's okay to mess around, and in his culture, it isn't. An unfortunate clash of cultures played out in the melting pot!

Last edited by otterhere; 04-23-2022 at 10:33 AM..

Old 04-23-2022, 10:26 AM

424 posts, read 269,256 times
The woman seemed to have too much time on her hands as her kids were older and needed her less than when they were young. There are healthy ways to help maintain a sense of purpose at that stage, such as finding part-time or full-time employment, volunteering, or developing hobbies. Seeking to boost self-esteem from the attention of many other men is not within the options of appropriate ways to work through this need to be needed, even if she was dealing with aging (no longer young) and the husband perhaps worked a lot and didn’t give her much attention.

The trauma to both the husband and kids is a double-whammy and very unfortunate. Also, this particular guy, the murderer/lover, gives off a creepy vibe and is a clear down-grade all around, compared to the husband.

There are some other underlying things here. Husband probably was quite busy with work, so why wasn’t it the mom taking the older son on college tours? Since she was the one at home with the younger son, why not use that time for some one-on-one bonding with him? It wouldn’t occur to me to go out to the theater and a bar with others, men or women, if I had one child at home alone. I’d prefer to have quality time with them. I have even lowered myself to playing video games with my teenagers if that is what it takes!

Old 04-23-2022, 01:25 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,931,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
**snipped**

It's hard to believe the son slept through all this.

I don't think that's hard to believe. I know from the teenagers I raised, they can sleep pretty darn hard. Heck, not just teenagers; a lot of children and adults too.

I hope people here don't start pinning some kind of blame or fault on the boy sleeping TWO floors above the crime scene just because he slept through it. Leave the kid alone!

Old 04-23-2022, 04:22 PM

No one is "blaming" the kid.

Maybe he had earbuds in or was sleeping soundly. Or maybe he was used to hearing a ruckus downstairs when dad was away!

Old 04-23-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
Seeking to boost self-esteem from the attention of many other men is not within the options of appropriate ways to work through this need to be needed, even if she was dealing with aging (no longer young) and the husband perhaps worked a lot and didn’t give her much attention.
I don't know if we will ever find out more about her situation. I have to wonder if she had some kind of sex, secret dating addiction going on or maybe somatic narcissistic personality disorder. I knew someone with this personality disorder and her entire identity and self worth in life was her attractiveness and the attention that she received for it. This person fell apart and was completely lost, disoriented, and devastated as she started to age. So maybe the enamored and obsessed handyman was a source of narcissistic supply for this woman. Maybe she had several sources of supply with several men.

The neighbors described this woman as always very VERY sweet, nice, jolly but that might be someone who felt they must always appear perfect in appearance and demeanor to everyone.

I don't know. They were such an odd match. She was a well off, classy, and attractive lady so you would have expected her to be hanging about her lover's place on the Upper East Side or some stately home in the Gardens and the like. Quite a shock that she was carrying on with the HVAC repairman.

Last edited by Marilynghost; 04-23-2022 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 04:59 PM

Quote:
No one is "blaming" the kid.

Maybe he had earbuds in or was sleeping soundly. Or maybe he was used to hearing a ruckus downstairs when dad was away!
This lady might have passed out or passed away very quickly with her initial wounds so maybe that is why the son did not hear anything. This crazed maniac may have unleashed his rage upon her dead body.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
This lady might have passed out or passed away very quickly with her initial wounds so maybe that is why the son did not hear anything. This crazed maniac may have unleashed his rage upon her dead body.
I questioned that above. If it was a quick slash of the throat (which would be an almost instantaneous death or at least sufficient to render her unconscious), why the defensive wounds to the hands and arms or, if she was fighting back, why no noise? Also, you'd think she'd have bled out quickly with carotid arteries severed in addition to all the other wounds (probably to the heart and major vessels there), so why was the body still dripping blood four hours later when transported? Additionally, wounds inflicted after death don't bleed. Just random morbid curiosity. Maybe there's a medical expert on here.

Last edited by otterhere; 04-23-2022 at 05:26 PM..

Old 04-23-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I questioned that above. If it was a quick slash of the throat (which would be an almost instantaneous death or at least sufficient to render her unconscious), why the defensive wounds to the hands and arms or, if she was fighting back, why no noise? Also, you'd think she'd have bled out quickly with carotid arteries severed in addition to all the other wounds (probably to the heart and major vessels there), so why was the body still dripping blood four hours later when transported? Additionally, wounds inflicted after death don't bleed. Just random morbid curiosity... Maybe there's a medical examiner on here.
Well that house is an older one so maybe the walls are made of plaster which is very thick and soundproof, right? Also, it wouldn't surprise if the boy had on earphones playing a game, movie, music etc. I don't know, maybe she was unable to vocalize with the throat wounds which is so horrible to even think about. In any case, I am 100% positive that boy that heard nothing or he would have called 911 right away to get help for himself and his mother.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:36 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,930,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I don't think that's hard to believe. I know from the teenagers I raised, they can sleep pretty darn hard. Heck, not just teenagers; a lot of children and adults too.

I hope people here don't start pinning some kind of blame or fault on the boy sleeping TWO floors above the crime scene just because he slept through it. Leave the kid alone!
Yeah, people that are saying that are not heavy sleepers, obviously. I can sleep through darn near anything. It would not surprise me in the slightest if someone were to be murdered in my home in the middle of the night for me to sleep through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
Right, that too. Just because she was murdered doesn't mean there was a loud ruckus or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events