Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 05:55 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It would not surprise me if she married him for her ticket out because back when she came, things were not great over there. They still are not. I have a maternal first cousin who was going to come here between 85 and 95.

Look at the 90 day fiance show, granted, not one person has come from Hungary, it's usually Russia or Ukraine, but it is so true, they want out that is very apparent. One should not have come over at all from Ukraine, she left her elderly mother, they had broken off their engagement but her Visa went through so she came over. He finally gave her the ring back, day before the wedding, he calls it off, they got married on day 90 after all, to last under 6 months while they filmed, she then took off, is living in Florida. He never applied for her green card. I believe she has a work visa now. She is not the only one either.

There are others that last long enough to get that green card, they leave. If the American cancels the green card support, they grab a work visa. They then bring their relative over. The woman above is trying to get her elderly mother over after the fighting in Ukraine, they're fast tracking apps, so my guess is the green card was her goal all along. She just happens to be an actress in Ukraine. A lot of them have these "celebrity" dreams, actors, models, singers that will take the US by storm.
There are women over there, who have good jobs that give them status in the community, a sense of purpose in life, good friends, a comfortable enough life, relatively speaking. Americans, Brits, Germans, Scandinavians, are not Slavs. Some people feel they'd be fish out of water trying to get by socially in the West.

OTOH, the one typical example I know of, who faked being in love with a really nice guy who didn't deserve that, who met her when he was doing some kind of environmental work or cultural exchange work in Russia, was a very calculating woman, who wasn't happy with the career path she was on, and did want out. When this guy came along and was smitten by her, she put on a very good act of reciprocating the love, and kept it up for the required two years after they married. The first day of the 3rd year, she informed him, that she'd only married him to get out, and she wanted to file for divorce. She had told people back home, I discovered when I traveled to her general area, that she'd married a wealthy businessman, even though her guy was working as a sales clerk for a fashion catalog.

So there are plenty of women who manage to fake being into their man, especially if, as in the current case, faking it pays for international travel (which she plasters all over her internet presence, making sure that everyone back home will see, that she married well and is having a blast), and a nice home in an exclusive neighborhood.

I, too, wonder if we'll get any follow-up regarding the husband. Of course, he deserves his privacy at such a trying time, so we may not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 06:41 PM

432 posts, read 286,093 times
She liked bbc

Old 04-23-2022, 06:56 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,780,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I don't think that's hard to believe. I know from the teenagers I raised, they can sleep pretty darn hard. Heck, not just teenagers; a lot of children and adults too.

I hope people here don't start pinning some kind of blame or fault on the boy sleeping TWO floors above the crime scene just because he slept through it. Leave the kid alone!
Facts. When I was a teenager, even as a young adult, I slept through anything. I was dead to the world. My brother was the same. I don't find it so hard to believe the kid slept through it all.

Old 04-23-2022, 08:29 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,208,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
Well this Post article describes this man as an overly assertive pest, nuisance in his neighborhood in his behaviors towards other females. They describe him as the neighborhood weirdo sending creepy gifts and messages to women and asking too many personal questions. Everyone describes the victim as being very nice, sweet, but I have to wonder how did she not see or perceive what others sensed about this disturbed and strange man.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/21/who-is...-david-bonola/
The victim was originally from another culture, so she could have missed all the weird cues..?

Old 04-23-2022, 09:07 PM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
I don't think she and her husband were that "well off". Their house is older, 2 million is probably what a house in their area goes for. North Jersey has an easy million or more houses when you get close to NY city. The people living in them make good money working in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
The woman seemed to have too much time on her hands as her kids were older and needed her less than when they were young. There are healthy ways to help maintain a sense of purpose at that stage, such as finding part-time or full-time employment, volunteering, or developing hobbies. Seeking to boost self-esteem from the attention of many other men is not within the options of appropriate ways to work through this need to be needed, even if she was dealing with aging (no longer young) and the husband perhaps worked a lot and didn’t give her much attention.

The trauma to both the husband and kids is a double-whammy and very unfortunate. Also, this particular guy, the murderer/lover, gives off a creepy vibe and is a clear down-grade all around, compared to the husband.

There are some other underlying things here. Husband probably was quite busy with work, so why wasn’t it the mom taking the older son on college tours? Since she was the one at home with the younger son, why not use that time for some one-on-one bonding with him? It wouldn’t occur to me to go out to the theater and a bar with others, men or women, if I had one child at home alone. I’d prefer to have quality time with them. I have even lowered myself to playing video games with my teenagers if that is what it takes!

The father was doing the college tour because he went to college, he was showing the son his own college in Michigan IIRC.

After growing up with a cheating mother who regularly went out to dance clubs while my poor father recovered from working so hard, I am not the type to cheat. I believe you finish with one before moving on.

Nothing good comes from cheating. In fact, many kids are finding out that they are the product of their mother cheating when they do ancestry DNA.

I was forced to retire almost 20 years ago, not once did I ever think let me cheat on my husband. I always have something to do.

I'm also not the type to go out to the bar, if I drank, it's cheaper to drink at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I don't think that's hard to believe. I know from the teenagers I raised, they can sleep pretty darn hard. Heck, not just teenagers; a lot of children and adults too.

I hope people here don't start pinning some kind of blame or fault on the boy sleeping TWO floors above the crime scene just because he slept through it. Leave the kid alone!

I don't believe he was sleeping. I think he was playing his xbox or whatever gaming system he's into, just like my grandson was doing that night. It was a holiday weekend during spring break. That's early for a kid his age to be sleeping on a holiday weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
This lady might have passed out or passed away very quickly with her initial wounds so maybe that is why the son did not hear anything. This crazed maniac may have unleashed his rage upon her dead body.

The way one article was worded, make it sound like her throat was cut pretty early on.

No secret that I've been pounded on by a guy, they are just in such a rage that I don't think they can control their actions.

Whatever she said to him pissed him off. He probably still wanted her, was mad she was breaking it off. He just went wild on her, stabbing her after he already killed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I questioned that above. If it was a quick slash of the throat (which would be an almost instantaneous death or at least sufficient to render her unconscious), why the defensive wounds to the hands and arms or, if she was fighting back, why no noise? Also, you'd think she'd have bled out quickly with carotid arteries severed in addition to all the other wounds (probably to the heart and major vessels there), so why was the body still dripping blood four hours later when transported? Additionally, wounds inflicted after death don't bleed. Just random morbid curiosity. Maybe there's a medical expert on here.

The blood is going to go somewhere due to gravity, we also have to remember she was stuffed into a duffel bag, was being wheeled, her body was at an angle, dripping blood due to gravity as he pulled it.

He must have been in such a state to not even realize blood was dripping.

I had read his wife was estranged or something like that.

Old 04-23-2022, 09:28 PM

21,984 posts, read 13,038,107 times
His wife is dead (through no fault of his own), according to accounts I've read; they report that he's a widower and father of two.

That scenario would have had him stuffing her body into the hockey bag right after killing her. If her head was nearly severed, it wouldn't take long for ALL the blood in her body to drain, probably into the carpet or floor, while he carried on stabbing.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:11 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
His wife is dead (through no fault of his own), according to accounts I've read; they report that he's a widower and father of two.

That scenario would have had him stuffing her body into the hockey bag right after killing her. If her head was nearly severed, it wouldn't take long for ALL the blood in her body to drain, probably into the carpet or floor, while he carried on stabbing.

None of the articles said her head was nearly severed, I read in one article after he was arrested that he sliced her throat. Most likely the front, could have hit the carotid, could have missed it. We don't know.

She had defensive wounds, so she was obviously alive for some of it.

He didn't continue to slice her throat or hack her head off. It's not easy to sever a head between all of the muscles, ligaments and spine.

He was in a rage, stabbing her body. I guess if she some how lived, he wanted her to be scarred so bad that no man would want her.

If he killed her in the beginning, there was no point to continue stabbing her except to continue his rage which is very likely. He was so pissed off over their heated discussion he couldn't stop himself.

He knew he was here illegally, he probably knew that going to jail for killing her would be a better life than being returned to Mexico.

I did see he was the father of two but have not read his wife was deceased, I'd read estranged, but I have not had time to google the last few days. I'm really behind in the thread in the NY section, probably by 200 posts.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:17 AM

21,984 posts, read 13,038,107 times
I believe the article whose link I posted -- however many pages back -- said his wife had died.

And generally slashing the throat involves severing the carotid artery (it'd be hard to miss at least one) in which case your blood pressure would drop pretty quickly.

I didn't say he cut through her spinal cord, etc., etc.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:04 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 20 hours ago)

8,819 posts, read 21,298,349 times
I think that this topic has run its course. Try to remember that , however you might
disapprove of her actions , someone has died and two children are left without a mother.

Comments about her being a "Slav" and how that culture promotes promiscuous and
dishonest behavior are unfair and mean-spirited.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-24-2022, 09:25 AM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Comments about her being a "Slav" and how that culture promotes promiscuous and
dishonest behavior are unfair and mean-spirited.
+1
Additionally, aside from the unnecessary slurs about Slavs, if the woman in question was indeed Hungarian, then she was not Slavic.

https://matadornetwork.com/abroad/7-...anian%20origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events