Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2022, 05:19 AM

23,910 posts, read 33,712,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I also made a polite inquiry (which no one has answered) as to whether extra-marital affairs are more accepted over in Europe (I do recall more strongly from like historical facts and stuff that that sort of thing was widely accepted among European monarchy--but then things could surely have changed and it be something less done among the "common" class) (and I was sure glad to see that didn't get a slap from the moderators 'cause when I first saw the moderator comment I'm like there's no reason why we can't discuss these things in a polite way. I don't approve of rude comments and would support those being deleted, but like discussions done in a mature and respectful manner even if they're not "proper" topics I don't think that should be prohibited).

So, she's Hungarian--and there was the "Austro-Hungarian" Empire of long ago and many of my Polish ancestors were regarded as Austro-Hungarian. She definitely has that Eastern European look to her like I do.

It looks like I'm 100% European (wouldn't Italian be considered European too? I don't know much about that stuff though. I mean, I know it's part of Europe). Over half Eastern Europe and Russia. Close to a quarter Germanic and the rest a mix of England/NW, Swedish/Denmark, Baltic, European Jewish and Ireland.

I sure hope so. Yet, it won't matter in a great way; I think I've heard that most "death row" inmates die in prison anyway (I'd be thrilled to be wrong about that though). And now I know why it made me upset that he's here illegally--if he's in prison then taxpayers will have to pay for someone to be here when they shouldn't have anyway. There should be instituted in the legal code that if someone is here illegally and is convicted of murder (and in this case there's not even any doubt--he confessed to it) they should swiftly and promptly be executed.

I don't know the answer to your question, I know that in other countries, men rule. Hungary was the same way. My paternal grandmother is buried under a female version of my grandfathers first name. When people marry, the woman takes on that female version as her first name. Even though they were only married about 15 years, she went to her grave under that first name.

I think affairs are generally ignored in countries where women don't have many right because that's just how it is.

I agree that when there is evidence that someone is guilty like in this case, it should be automatic execution.

What is shocking to me is the hospital did not flag him when he went there to get his gashes fixed. You would think that since they were deep, there was a woman murdered, that they would have alerted the police. I guess it's possible they did and that we just haven't heard it yet.

He's always been the only suspect but they clearly have him on video at her house from what I've heard she had many cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's also hard to believe this was a 2 year long fling, but here we are. 2 years is a long time to have an affair as opposed to some random one night stand.

IMO being involved with someone for 2 years is no fling, it's a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
The killer gave a "tell all" to police without a lawyer present. He could recant after obtaining a lawyer?

Also, some twitter users observed that killer's youtube channel included videos about FBI investigatons and about the recent Brooklyn subway shooter. What he said to police "I hear you wanted to talk to me?" (something to the effect) was just what that Broolyn shooter said to police before being arrested. So there is a possibility this was a premeditated murder.

He could recant but there is still video of him at her house plus his DNA is on blood soaked rags that were in the bag with her. His hands were gashed pretty deep according to the article below.

Queens handyman accused of killing his married ex-lover mom-of-two was obsessed with watching YouTube videos on seduction techniques and gory crimes

Quote:
Additional videos on his playlist were sexually graphic in nature, while others dealt with topics such as: 'How to deal with a relationship when a woman is just not that into you;' 'How you know you are with a Hungarian woman;' 'Male magnetic mindset that drives women wild.

Bonola also appeared to be obsessed with New York City crime.

His YouTube channel shows he saved thousands of shooting, rapes and murders, on curated playlists, including 754 videos of local news reports of violent crimes, The New York Post reported.

Some of the stabbing videos were eerily similar to the brutal slaying on the Queens mother. One of his videos shared the news report of Amie Harwick, a former sex therapist, who reportedly sought two restraining orders against ex-boyfriend before her February 2020 murder in Hollywood, the news outlet said.

Later that Saturday, Bonola allegedly headed to a CityMD in order to receive help for cuts on his hands. He was referred Bellevue Hospital after urgent care doctors said the wounds were too deep for them to treat.

Bonola has been living in the U.S. illegally after moving from Mexico 20 years ago. His estranged wife and children are believed to live in Queens with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 01:27 PM

22,413 posts, read 29,564,252 times
I'm still doubting this affair

Old 04-26-2022, 01:58 PM

22,124 posts, read 13,151,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
What would or could convince you? Probably nothing.

Unless they made videos or he saved condoms, there won't be any "proof."

I have NO problem believing it, nor do the police (they may have photos or text messages from his or her phone), but we're all entitled to our own opinions...

Old 04-26-2022, 05:05 PM

102,285 posts, read 108,372,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It was said to have been on and off. It's possible she called it off a couple of times, but he kept coming back after an absence. As to why she'd get involved with him in the first place, maybe to her he seemed "exotic". Maybe she had a thing for taboo-type liaisons, crossing social boundaries, whatever. It should be pretty clear, that there was an affair, otherwise she wouldn't be dead. Unless you want to suggest she'd rejected his advances multiple times, and he finally went nuts. As to the nature and duration of said affair, and the "why" of it, all we can do is guess.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:42 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,489,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post

She was also someone who had earned a business degree in international studies . I’m astonished by the weird assumptions and insinuations that this 51 year old woman was somehow a mail order bride , comes from some culture that possibly promotes promiscuity, was naive as an immigrant and couldn't understand the cues she was dealing with a murderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Nothing the City-Data sleuths say surprises me anymore, unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
It’s kind of sick

Almost like people blaming her for being murdered by the killer. Sad really.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Most things in life are complicated with shades of gray (no pun intended); it's not black and white. "Good guy, bad guy."

Her behavior and how it may have contributed to this tragedy is also germane to the story.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:57 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,800 posts, read 58,320,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
There are some (at least one) that WILL NOT give up on that thought.

Maybe, maybe not... we don't know, and may never know.
Not sure why it is such a big deal for that one. ("You MUST believe as I!") Who knows?, we are all quirky, but this drum beating says a lot (about something(?)).

Be careful, out there. (and in here)

Old 04-28-2022, 11:17 PM

7,680 posts, read 8,769,845 times
From this article:
Quote:
According to police, Bonola told them he saw texts Gaal exchanged with another man and went to her home just after midnight on Saturday to discuss their relationship.

The pair quickly began arguing, and Gaal took the conversation down to the basement for fear of waking her son, who was sleeping upstairs.

Old 04-29-2022, 01:43 AM

23,910 posts, read 33,712,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post

Here is your article, she's being cremated so her husband and sons can bring her back home to Hungary to mourn with her parents. That's probably the best place for the kids right now until the press dies down.

Orsolya Gaal is being cremated after a gruesome ‘murder’ as startling new details about ‘killer’ David Bonola are revealed

Quote:
The remains of murdered mother Orsolya Gaal will be cremated later this week, two sources told The US Sun, as chilling new details about her alleged handyman lover-turned-murderer were revealed.

The married mother of two had her throat cut and stabbed nearly 60 times in the neck, torso and left arm.

David Bonola, 44, who claims to have been involved in an “open” affair with Gaal in the two years before her death

Her husband Howard Klein and their two teenage sons are also preparing to fly to Gaal’s native country of Hungary to be with their parents and mourn as a family, one of the sources said.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:09 AM

Also from that article: investigators CONFIRMED that the two had an on-and-off affair over the past two years, so I'm assuming they have proof for the skeptics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events