Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 10:28 AM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,663,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't see the connection between the two. No one is going to think, "Hey, weed is legal! I can spike their food without their knowledge and won't get in trouble." Besides, the two geniuses in this story did it anyway. Some people are just morons.

You hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of morons out there who think stupid things all the time, like "Hey, weed is legal! I can spike their food without their knowledge and won't get in trouble." The existence of morons, particularly ones who are already stoned, is exactly the reason it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 10:38 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh Geez, we have got to past this outdated belief that Marijuana is pure evil!

Many people do not recognize the damage done, by the many many years of drilling it into us, that Marijuana is BAD, evil, etc! They warned us in our high school DARE classes that Marijuana was the most deadly and dangerous drug out there (worse than heroin or cocaine even), they warned just using it one time could cause insanity, killing rampages, going out of our minds!! (and this was the early 1990s!)

I still remember our DARE instructors giving many examples of people that are now crazy or in prison, thanks to Marijuana, (just like they do today with opioids) LOL

This is 2022 now, (not 1422)
You've freely shared your own opioid addiction history on here. The inanity of the above post does not exactly make the case for how harmless drugs are.

I use marijuana, at home, in quantities manageable for and controlled by ME, and I'd be ready to kill if I found someone had put it in my food without my knowledge. It's not something that should be yukked and grinned over and dismissed. People have different reactions to cannabis, and some people are flat-out allergic to it just as they are to other plants.

If we want recreational drugs like weed to be legal, then we have to be responsible adults about it.

Now let's just hope this idiot bride never has children.

ETA: Just realized she is 42 years old. Geez. Sounded like something an immature 20-year-old might do.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:13 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
From the link:

However, another guest said when she texted Svoboda from the hospital asking her what was happening and what she was given, the bride responded, "Uggg, we have no idea," the affidavits say

So on top of serving people adulterated foods, she lied about it to (I presume) friends and family who were guests. It's amazing anyone would defend this.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:55 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
From the link:

However, another guest said when she texted Svoboda from the hospital asking her what was happening and what she was given, the bride responded, "Uggg, we have no idea," the affidavits say

So on top of serving people adulterated foods, she lied about it to (I presume) friends and family who were guests. It's amazing anyone would defend this.
It sounds like at first, she thought it was funny and giggled whwn frst asked about it. Then she realized how serious it was becoming. People were getting sick. That's when she clammed up.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh Geez, we have got to past this outdated belief that Marijuana is pure evil!

Many people do not recognize the damage done, by the many many years of drilling it into us, that Marijuana is BAD, evil, etc! They warned us in our high school DARE classes that Marijuana was the most deadly and dangerous drug out there (worse than heroin or cocaine even), they warned just using it one time could cause insanity, killing rampages, going out of our minds!! (and this was the early 1990s!)

I still remember our DARE instructors giving many examples of people that are now crazy or in prison, thanks to Marijuana, (just like they do today with opioids) LOL

This is 2022 now, (not 1422)
So what's your point?

Old 04-23-2022, 03:23 PM

700 posts, read 446,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
So what's your point?
He doesn't have one. One would think an ex(?) addict would have more evolved views.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:03 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
It's no wonder I'm leary of people in this state. If there is a bizarre story it comes out of Florida.

Old 04-23-2022, 06:47 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I know what it's about. It's about people are already dumb enough to lace food with it when it's illegal. If made legal that level of dumbness will spread because even more people will think "what's the harm." Even had one poster up front who didn't think this was a big deal.

There are many people out there who can lose their jobs if they test positive. How do you prove someone laced your food?

Well it was pretty obvious that guests had their food laced with something . The issue is it is a criminal offense to lace someone’s food with laxatives or anything else.

Old 04-24-2022, 12:12 PM

50,750 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What I am shocked at is that a caterer endorsed it. Not sure if that person is professional or not but if so her career is ruined obviously (beyond the legal trouble she is in). Edible cannabis is particularly strong to even regular tokers.
l

In what state? Medical Marijuana is legal in Florida.

But legal marijuana is not the point. Your statement is irrelevant. Lacing food with drugs is illegal everywhere, it doesn't matter if it's legal or not to consume in the state. Marijuana doesn't have legs that walk into a dish, a person has to do it. Is "illegal" marjiuana, obviously readily available everywhere, less likely to find it's way into food?
I agree. I'd think people would actually be less likely to want to "share" legal, much more expensive weed like that. It would probably cost thousands to infuse all that food for a wedding party with legal weed.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You've freely shared your own opioid addiction history on here. The inanity of the above post does not exactly make the case for how harmless drugs are.

I use marijuana, at home, in quantities manageable for and controlled by ME, and I'd be ready to kill if I found someone had put it in my food without my knowledge. It's not something that should be yukked and grinned over and dismissed. People have different reactions to cannabis, and some people are flat-out allergic to it just as they are to other plants.

If we want recreational drugs like weed to be legal, then we have to be responsible adults about it.

Now let's just hope this idiot bride never has children.

ETA: Just realized she is 42 years old. Geez. Sounded like something an immature 20-year-old might do.
I dont consider that post to be insane at all...they are facts.

Anyone in their 40s and 50s today can remember how extreme the anti Marijuana effort was, in the 70s, 80s, and 90s! How stupid could they have been, to actually tell pre teens, that Marijuana was more deadly and dangerous than Heroin or Cocaine? Im not making that up, they actually promoted this baloney for many years...and we are supposed to believe what these same people are saying today? LOL

How can that be justified, when they knowingly lied about Marijuana?

Whats really funny about this, many people think 'Marijuana is different', that no one has actually overdosed or died from it...but the way anti drug officials talked in the 70s, 80s and 90s, they were doing the EXACT same thing, they do with Opioids today! They had plenty of examples of people that were now dead or in prison due to Marijuana back then...just like they do today with Fentanyl/opioids...

These people clearly have agenda, they lied in the past and are lying today, its pitiful that so many fall for this same trick over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events