Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 07:19 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont consider that post to be insane at all...they are facts.

Anyone in their 40s and 50s today can remember how extreme the anti Marijuana effort was, in the 70s, 80s, and 90s! How stupid could they have been, to actually tell pre teens, that Marijuana was more deadly and dangerous than Heroin or Cocaine? Im not making that up, they actually promoted this baloney for many years...and we are supposed to believe what these same people are saying today? LOL

How can that be justified, when they knowingly lied about Marijuana?

Whats really funny about this, many people think 'Marijuana is different', that no one has actually overdosed or died from it...but the way anti drug officials talked in the 70s, 80s and 90s, they were doing the EXACT same thing, they do with Opioids today! They had plenty of examples of people that were now dead or in prison due to Marijuana back then...just like they do today with Fentanyl/opioids...

These people clearly have agenda, they lied in the past and are lying today, its pitiful that so many fall for this same trick over and over again.
You're still completely missing the point. This is not about whether marijuana is good or bad.

It's 100% about causing people to ingest a mind-altering substance without their knowledge and consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 07:27 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
These people clearly have agenda, they lied in the past and are lying today, its pitiful that so many fall for this same trick over and over again.
It's you that has an agenda and you are using this thread to express it. Start your own thread regarding your anti-pot agenda and stop going off topic.
Weather you are for or against pot legality, we can all admit this was wrong.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:52 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I’m blown away that anyone would do this, let alone to their friends and family.
People believe the propaganda that marijuana is harmless.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
How long do you think the couple will stay married???
How could you tolerate someone like that as a daughter in law or sister in law???
And the groom obviously has no taste

Old 04-25-2022, 11:34 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
People believe the propaganda that marijuana is harmless.
I’ve never read one legit article that claimed pot was harmless. Do you have any links?

Old 04-25-2022, 01:03 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
How long do you think the couple will stay married???
How could you tolerate someone like that as a daughter in law or sister in law???
And the groom obviously has no taste
I can't wrap my head around her doing this to her family and friends. It makes no sense that you'd spike people's food in general, let alone your "nearest and dearest". That's unforgiveable, IMO. Truly how could someone think this was just a funny idea? I just can't...

Old 04-25-2022, 01:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:

Anyone in their 40s and 50s today can remember how extreme the anti Marijuana effort was, in the 70s, 80s, and 90s! How stupid could they have been, to actually tell pre teens, that Marijuana was more deadly and dangerous than Heroin or Cocaine? Im not making that up, they actually promoted this baloney for many years...and we are supposed to believe what these same people are saying today? LOL

Whats really funny about this, many people think 'Marijuana is different', that no one has actually overdosed or died from it...but the way anti drug officials talked in the 70s, 80s and 90s, they were doing the EXACT same thing, they do with Opioids today! They had plenty of examples of people that were now dead or in prison due to Marijuana back then...just like they do today with Fentanyl/opioids...

OK, we get it; in your world, it's perfectly okay to lace wedding food with cannabis because cannabis was demonized in the past. Fortunately, clearer heads prevail.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I can't wrap my head around her doing this to her family and friends. It makes no sense that you'd spike people's food in general, let alone your "nearest and dearest". That's unforgiveable, IMO. Truly how could someone think this was just a funny idea? I just can't...
Me neither, but considering a couple of posts in this thread, they walk among us.

It reminds me of the type of thing my teenage nieces might think is funny but wouldn't actually do in real life.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:

It's hard to understand what you're saying because of the extreme leaps of logic, but are you actually trying to say that "they" are lying about opioids today?

I don't recall the kind of cannabis hysteria in the 80s and 90s that you're claiming existed, but I do know people who've died from opioid overdoses in the 21st century. It sounds like, according to you, lacing food with opioids would be okay as well?

Last edited by Metlakatla; 04-25-2022 at 01:37 PM..

Old 04-25-2022, 01:43 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

You misunderstood my post. First of all, inane, not insane.

Secondly, I am not in any way disagreeing with the history of how marijuana was presented as dangerous to the point of ridiculousness. I was alive back then, although Reefer Madness predates me by a couple of decades.

The inanity of that post lies in the fact that you completely missed that posters are not claiming marijuana is dangerous in and of itself, they are saying it is wrong to put cannabis into people's food without their knowledge. Your rant is irrelevant to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events