Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 04:50 PM

453 posts, read 301,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I think the cook put too much into the food. A bit less and everything would have been groovy. Pump up the volume. More Chetos, please. Dance, dance the night away.

I guess possession is illegal there?
Oh wow you're so cool.

Is that your goal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 06:30 PM

110 posts, read 83,618 times
I like how this turned into a pro-cannabis vs anti-cannabis debate. The whole point of this story to me is that spiking people's foods or drinks with any drugs no matter what the drug and without their consent is a huge no-no. And people always scoff off weed as being a soft drug...when in reality, weed edibles can really mess you up..especially if you have no tolerance and especially in these people's cases where they didn't even know that they ate it. That's one wedding I'm sure they'll prefer to forget

Old 04-27-2022, 06:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froscow View Post
I like how this turned into a pro-cannabis vs anti-cannabis debate. The whole point of this story to me is that spiking people's foods or drinks with any drugs no matter what the drug and without their consent is a huge no-no. And people always scoff off weed as being a soft drug...when in reality, weed edibles can really mess you up..especially if you have no tolerance and especially in these people's cases where they didn't even know that they ate it. That's one wedding I'm sure they'll prefer to forget
To be fair, most of us realize what the actual point is; there are only a couple of posters who've attempted to turn it into a pro/con debate.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:57 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I remember head shops in the 70's. Pipes, water hookahs, black light posters, etc. lol
They never really went away, they just changed their messaging. Everything that might be associated with smoking substances, were actually meant for tobacco smoking. I never had any desire to do marijuana, or any drugs, but back in the day, I rolled my own cigarettes. Made from tobacco, of course, and the cigarette papers I preferred were only available at head shops. My favourite head shop was full of references to tobacco, although the bongs, pipes, etc. were obviously never meant to have tobacco smoked in them.

This incident is appalling. What were they (wife and caterer) thinking? That it was a funny joke? At the very least, you'd have a bunch of impaired guests driving home; at worst, you'd have illness and hospitalizations. I hope the husband (who was apparently ignorant of what his new wife had done) got in touch with a lawyer at the earliest possible opportunity, and sought an annulment.

Old 04-27-2022, 11:11 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
I think the cook put too much into the food. A bit less and everything would have been groovy. Pump up the volume. More Chetos, please. Dance, dance the night away.

I guess possession is illegal there?
How dare you! [channels Greta Thunberg, insert Greta Thunberg meme]

Some people can’t take a joke (or don’t have a sense of humor).

And no, it’s not too soon. Not for this story at least.

Old 04-27-2022, 11:41 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
I'm sure that's what the bride wanted to happen. But again, we get back to "drugging people without their consent." I don't like weed, in any form. It doesn't make me feel good; it makes me feel lousy, so I don't use it. My choice. But it is my choice--not yours, and certainly not the bride's in this instance. Especially if she thinks she's doing me a favour. If you like it, knock yourself out, but don't expect me to join in. It's not for me, and it sounds like it wasn't for a number of wedding guests either.

I like the "laxative in the brownies without guests knowing" analogy; it's the same thing. Not everybody wants a laxative in their food. Neither does everybody want weed in their food. Keep the weed out of the meal, and everybody can enjoy the celebration. If a few people choose to go out the back to partake, let them. Those guests who choose not to, do not have to. It's just that easy.

Old 04-28-2022, 04:19 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Crazy story. What were they thinking????
They weren't thinking.
Dopers never do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOnENVylxPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
And that the groom was unaware of what had happened. Divorce in their future?
No kidding, as how could you trust someone like that with your future kids.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:31 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
They weren't thinking.
Dopers never do.

Hahaha, that commercial always cracked me up. I used to ask my husband, "Would you like some brains on drugs with bacon for breakfast?"

Old 04-28-2022, 07:54 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
They weren't thinking.
Dopers never do.

Any we're back to the anti-weed discussion. Such a shame. I don't want to go here but if I did I could point out that there are literally millions of highly successful people who smoke or smoked weed regularly.

These people are not among them. They are idiots, the caterer really screwed her future business by participating in this idiotic idea.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:03 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
There are a lot of benefits to weed, and I'm thankful that more and more states are recognizing that. One of the good things about it being legal is FINALLY it can be researched out in the open, and we're ALL the wiser for knowing the benefits and the drawbacks to pot.

Live and learn. I learned that I probably should avoid edibles because of medications I take. Would I have learned that if pot was still illegal? This isn't "Pot is the devil's lettuce" nonsense. It's information to make informed decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events