Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 11:03 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
It's commonly known that the first few times one takes MJ that all kinds of physical and psychological effects, emotions, states of mind can come up. For some, MJ never becomes an enjoyable experience and remains unpleasant. For others, it may take several times of using it before the positive, enjoyable effects kick in. These two airheads didn't seem to understand this or care and just thought everyone would be having a grand old time getting high at the wedding. Like they were imparting a generous gift or silly joke on the attendees. Maybe the bride felt it was HER day so she was entitled to have HER guests do what she wanted. Very stupid stupid people and they deserve to get sued over this.
Exactly. I am in my mid-30s, have have, on occasion, either smoked or consumed marijuana-laced products. I've never been "habitual," however. The effects of marijuana on me are borderline extreme. I know that I cannot function properly when under the influence. Accidently consuming could lead to quite disastrous results in my case, including not being able to drive AT ALL, etc.
If someone secretly laced my food with this, I would absolutely be upset, and sue to the highest degree, and/or beat their behind. It's not funny. And it's nothing a friend would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 12:44 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Florida bride and caterer charged with lacing wedding food with cannabis
And how is it that someone actually thought this was a good idea?

Old 04-22-2022, 12:51 PM
KCZ

4,673 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Florida bride and caterer charged with lacing wedding food with cannabis
And how is it that someone actually thought this was a good idea?

Maybe the pair were stoned when they came up with the plan?

Old 04-22-2022, 01:02 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Exactly. I am in my mid-30s, have have, on occasion, either smoked or consumed marijuana-laced products. I've never been "habitual," however. The effects of marijuana on me are borderline extreme. I know that I cannot function properly when under the influence. Accidently consuming could lead to quite disastrous results in my case, including not being able to drive AT ALL, etc.
If someone secretly laced my food with this, I would absolutely be upset, and sue to the highest degree, and/or beat their behind. It's not funny. And it's nothing a friend would do.
Last time I did a gummy, I could barely walk.

Old 04-22-2022, 01:34 PM

538 posts, read 538,823 times
Hope they put out enough food for the guests!

Old 04-22-2022, 03:26 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh Geez, we have got to past this outdated belief that Marijuana is pure evil!

Many people do not recognize the damage done, by the many many years of drilling it into us, that Marijuana is BAD, evil, etc! They warned us in our high school DARE classes that Marijuana was the most deadly and dangerous drug out there (worse than heroin or cocaine even), they warned just using it one time could cause insanity, killing rampages, going out of our minds!! (and this was the early 1990s!)

I still remember our DARE instructors giving many examples of people that are now crazy or in prison, thanks to Marijuana, (just like they do today with opioids) LOL

This is 2022 now, (not 1422)
You are ignoring the fact that people were drugged without their consent and how those drugs could negatively interact with guests taking meds. Several guests were treated at the scene for vomiting and one had to be taken to hospital for treatment.

Old 04-22-2022, 04:30 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,978,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Putting marijuana in food that will be ingested by multiple people when you have no idea how they might react to it
And you don't know how much they'll eat. I mean, yes, it's possible it was a served dinner and so presumably everyone got a certain helping and no more, but who knows whether Susie couldn't finish her lasagna and her husband ate the rest, or Jim didn't like lasagna but Carol loves it so he gave his to her. Or who may have even packed up their leftovers to take home to a child or dog or other family member (okay, considered a bit gauche but some people do that kind of thing).

Never mind that Jessica who's 5'1" and weighs 100 pounds is going to have a different reaction to the same "dose" as Rick who's 6'3" and weighs 280...

Old 04-22-2022, 04:50 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh Geez, we have got to past this outdated belief that Marijuana is pure evil!

Many people do not recognize the damage done, by the many many years of drilling it into us, that Marijuana is BAD, evil, etc! They warned us in our high school DARE classes that Marijuana was the most deadly and dangerous drug out there (worse than heroin or cocaine even), they warned just using it one time could cause insanity, killing rampages, going out of our minds!! (and this was the early 1990s!)

I still remember our DARE instructors giving many examples of people that are now crazy or in prison, thanks to Marijuana, (just like they do today with opioids) LOL

This is 2022 now, (not 1422)
Look - you don't put something into the food without telling people. You don't do it in a way that some people will be eating unknown amounts or HUGE amounts. You don' do it where likely MOST of the people have no tolerance or experience with edibles.

They should get the book thrown at them for their irresponsibility with people's health and their lives.

Not everyone's a druggy.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:20 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not everyone's a druggy.
Exactly.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:35 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times
I would have been more than mad if it happened to me. I'm not "sue happy" but some people can lose their jobs if they test positive for narcotics. WTF were they thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events