Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 05:04 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I think the cook put too much into the food. A bit less and everything would have been groovy. Pump up the volume. More Chetos, please. Dance, dance the night away.

I guess possession is illegal there?
Unbelievable! Is that meant to be a joke in bad taste or are you serious?
That's the kind of thinking that the bride and caterer had as well. No, no it would not have been "groovy" and would not be OK.
The legality of possession is irrelevant, lacing food with drugs is illegal everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 07:55 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I think the cook put too much into the food. A bit less and everything would have been groovy. Pump up the volume. More Chetos, please. Dance, dance the night away.

I guess possession is illegal there?
In reality, fewer people would have been dancing and more sitting at their table alternating between eating and staring into space.

Everyone else has already pointed out the obvious, and yes, it is disturbing how many of you there are who think this is an OK thing to do to people. But hey, if serving Cheetos at a wedding is a thing in the social circles of people who think it's a great idea to spike people's food, I don't suppose I have to worry about encountering this situation!

Old 04-26-2022, 09:01 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
https://www.sharp.com/health-news/ma...ombination.cfm

The link is an article on drug interactions with marijuana. Some of the interactions...I can relate to. As I've said, I have yet to have a pleasant experience with edibles.

It was extremely dangerous and stupid for these women to have spiked the food. I would not be surprised if they're sued by multiple people.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:13 AM

Actually...after reading a couple of articles on the dangers of marijuana for heart patients...maybe I should just leave it alone.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:22 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I'm referring to propaganda of the kind that exists in the ambient culture and that's reinforced when state legislatures legalize recreational pot smoking. Not talking about scholarly articles.

I don't think this bride and her caterer were reading up on edibles in the JAMA or the Lancet, do you?
There are many legal substances that are harmful, from liquor to cigarettes to Tylenol. Pot has the least potential for severe health effects of all three above. among those 3. Why shouldn't pot be legalized, if being harmless has never been the standard for a product being legal?

This isn't "people" it's one couple. It's like saying because a college kid in Nebraska spikes the punch it means "people" have been propagandized to believe alcohol isn't harmful. It's one idiot.

Old 04-26-2022, 11:01 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westminster88 View Post
My god, how is this not clear.

Getting people stoned without their knowledge or consent is wrong on every level. Not to mention dangerous since you can't control dosing.

They walk among us...sheesh.
Brought to you by the same person that wanted to arm police cars with a missile launcher that would "elevate above the hood":
https://www.city-data.com/forum/mili...ng-police.html
In that thread I questioned if she was serious, still not sure...

Old 04-26-2022, 11:36 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont consider that post to be insane at all...they are facts.

Anyone in their 40s and 50s today can remember how extreme the anti Marijuana effort was, in the 70s, 80s, and 90s! How stupid could they have been, to actually tell pre teens, that Marijuana was more deadly and dangerous than Heroin or Cocaine? Im not making that up, they actually promoted this baloney for many years...and we are supposed to believe what these same people are saying today? LOL

How can that be justified, when they knowingly lied about Marijuana?

Whats really funny about this, many people think 'Marijuana is different', that no one has actually overdosed or died from it...but the way anti drug officials talked in the 70s, 80s and 90s, they were doing the EXACT same thing, they do with Opioids today! They had plenty of examples of people that were now dead or in prison due to Marijuana back then...just like they do today with Fentanyl/opioids...

These people clearly have agenda, they lied in the past and are lying today, its pitiful that so many fall for this same trick over and over again.
Look I agree with your position on marijuana in a general sense and I'm glad society is changing (dramatically) with regard to weed acceptance. The previous views are outdated.

However your posts come off a bit off base with regard to this particular event, an event that deservedly received outrage. So we get your position on marijuana. Now how about sharing your opinion on this particular situation? Because as of now you come off as in total support of what the bride and caterer did.

Old 04-26-2022, 12:09 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't recall the kind of cannabis hysteria in the 80s and 90s that you're claiming existed
Are you serious? You don't remember Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign which kicked off a total change in views on marijuana? It turned casual weed smokers (it was called pot then) into people who were made to feel as if they were exhibiting deviant behavior. People would hide this info from their neighbors and co-workers, it was taboo to be a weed smoker back then. People lost jobs that did not including driving or operating machinery because they failed a random drug screen because they got high on a camping trip weeks earlier and were never impaired at work. It was all total madness.

Old 04-26-2022, 01:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Are you serious? You don't remember Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign which kicked off a total change in views on marijuana? It turned casual weed smokers (it was called pot then) into people who were made to feel as if they were exhibiting deviant behavior. People would hide this info from their neighbors and co-workers, it was taboo to be a weed smoker back then. People lost jobs that did not including driving or operating machinery because they failed a random drug screen because they got high on a camping trip weeks earlier and were never impaired at work. It was all total madness.
Yes, I'm serious. Of course I remember Nancy Reagan (who wasn't taken all that seriously in my community), but I was thinking of a Reefer Madness level of hysteria when I made that particular comment. I recall a few people losing jobs and did not claim that it didn't happen. But no, I don't recall any claims that it was worse than any other drugs and that using it just once would turn a person into a raving maniac occurring in the 90s, which is what I was actually referring to.

Quote:
Many people do not recognize the damage done, by the many many years of drilling it into us, that Marijuana is BAD, evil, etc! They warned us in our high school DARE classes that Marijuana was the most deadly and dangerous drug out there (worse than heroin or cocaine even), they warned just using it one time could cause insanity, killing rampages, going out of our minds!! (and this was the early 1990s!)

Last edited by Metlakatla; 04-26-2022 at 02:01 PM..

Old 04-26-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I used to work with a guy who twisted his ankle on the job. It was a possible workmen's comp issue, so he was sent to the company's doctor. They did a drug test, as they do ALL possible workmen's comp issues, found he had pot in his system, and lost his job.

The day after he got fired, he killed himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events