Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 08:24 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,934,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
What?! Man, I can't even keep up with all these details.
If you find that video, please post it for us.
Yeah, that's very confusing. So--she's saying he confessed to a crime he didn't do in order to be in contact with someone (who apparently then if this is true he had to know her before in order to want to be in her jurisdiction; unless I missed something, which is pretty likely because I can't keep all this stuff straight) he knows... for what? He couldn't just contact her without going to the jail where she works?? I hope someone can fill in the blanks. This doesn't make any sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 08:27 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,681,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
If you are running for your life why do you stop at a car wash to wash your truck???
And, in washing it, how come the authorities weren't already there, waiting outside the wash, before the suds on the truck dried up. Which leads to the argument that some people, along the way, may have "had their back!"

Old 05-10-2022, 08:54 AM

631 posts, read 290,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's funny because it's kinda true, lol. I'm a little offended. Like what self-respecting fugitive doesn't wind up being apprehended in Colorado?

Now I can't find the article I read the other day where Casey's mom was interviewed. She said Casey didn't actually kill Connie Ridgeway, the reason he voluntarily confessed; was because he knew they'd have to transfer him to Vicky's facility, due to a warrant.

Of course a lot of moms claim their sons are innocent but in this case, I can see why he would confess. Vicky couldn't have sprung him from another jurisdiction's facility, only her's. And to get into her's, he'd have to confess to a crime committed in her jurisdiction. And he's thinking it doesn't matter if he confesses, because he'd be long gone before the trial.

How ironic would that be, if he actually IS innocent, confesses, escapes, gets caught & then gets found guilty due to his confession? Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one.
Yes, I read that piece too somewhere. His mother said it, and his former lawyer (from the 2015 case) wondered about it. I've found the Connie Ridgeway murder confession very odd myself. They say it was murder-for-hire, but that makes zero sense. First, who would want to do a hit on a quiet, older, and quite poor lady with no ties to the criminal underworld? She and her family were so poor they had to split gas money to meet halfway for a brunch. More peculiar, though, is the fact that there's no apparent interest or investigation into who exactly supposedly 'hired' Casey W to murder Connie Ridgeway. In just about any other murder-for-hire investigation, the one who hires is more interesting to LE than the hired. They want to get the party that's ultimately responsible for the murder. Here? Zero mention, zero interest.

But if he made it up, it wasn't to be with Vicky W initially. That's when he met her -- when they transferred him to the county jail to be arraigned for the Connie R murder. That's unless Vicky and Casey were in contact before 2020, which is possible.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:56 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,547,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And, in washing it, how come the authorities weren't already there, waiting outside the wash, before the suds on the truck dried up. Which leads to the argument that some people, along the way, may have "had their back!"
Didn't he abandon the truck at the car wash and not actually wash it? The police found the truck after the fact from my understanding, maybe even a day or two later. Somehow they figured out they may have been staying at a local hotel and staked it ut. They saw her in a wig and then he came ut, all 6'9 of him and that's when the short police chase began.

The reporting is all over the place on this story, so I never knew what is real just by reading it on a news site. I try to stick to one source I feel like I can rely on. Some reports are still saying they were driving the truck when arrested although photos from the scene clearly show that it was the grey Caddy. Some reports say they stole the truck in Tennessee while others say it was stolen. Some reports say he was driving during the case and others said it was her.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:00 AM

631 posts, read 290,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Yeah, that's very confusing. So--she's saying he confessed to a crime he didn't do in order to be in contact with someone (who apparently then if this is true he had to know her before in order to want to be in her jurisdiction; unless I missed something, which is pretty likely because I can't keep all this stuff straight) he knows... for what? He couldn't just contact her without going to the jail where she works?? I hope someone can fill in the blanks. This doesn't make any sense to me.
Inmates can't just contact prison staff in a personal capacity. That is completely forbidden and the communication is cut off, whether it is in writing or by phone.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure she did communicate with him on the sly, using an alias and a PO Box. Lots of prison staff do this when they want to communicate with an inmate privately.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,825,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
If you are running for your life why do you stop at a car wash to wash your truck???
You just have to wonder how in the heck these 2 idiots decided that washing the car was a higher priority than staying out of sight given the nationwide hunt for them.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:23 AM

102,239 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I suspect she did not have as much time as she needed to make a realistic getaway plan. There are cameras everywhere now, and it is not realistic to imagine you could get far enough away, fast enough, to escape completely without attracting attention.

I also imagine they did not imagine their escape would make national news, as it did.

But now, I think the Lauderdale County Jail needs new supervision. It sounds like the Sheriff ran a loose ship. This escape which cost taxpayers a lot of money, and could have put people in harm’s way, should never have happened.
Or, they just got lazy. After what must have been an intense, adrenaline-fueled escape involving a failed car and two other stolen vehicles, they collapsed at a motel for an entire week. They may have gotten too comfortable.

Jailbreaks by murderers, even when they don't also involve one of their keepers, nearly always make the national news, because of the public risk. They must have known. They were in a motel, where they had a TV in the room. It would have been irresistible to check the news. They just got careless. And may have simply wanted a few days of something close to normalcy.

And we don't know if maybe they argued about it. Her: 'we should keep moving after a couple of days' break". Him: I'm not going anywhere right now, I'm sick of being on the run!"

We have no idea. I wonder if they'll ever get any details from him, or if LE even cares to try to interrogate him.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-10-2022 at 10:04 AM..

Old 05-10-2022, 09:26 AM

102,239 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You just have to wonder how in the heck these 2 idiots decided that washing the car was a higher priority than staying out of sight given the nationwide hunt for them.
Maybe it was intentional. Maybe their plan was to switch cars periodically, unwittingly leaving a trail of stolen vehicle reports behind them. He went to the car wash, but the video showed, that he was just standing there behind the car. I didn't see any washing going on. They may have decided, that a car wash was the perfect place to ditch that vehicle and get another. They hadn't counted on the facility having surveillance.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:44 AM

5,426 posts, read 3,512,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Didn't he abandon the truck at the car wash and not actually wash it? The police found the truck after the fact from my understanding, maybe even a day or two later.
I saw a news article posted here that showed 2 pictures of him in the car wash bay with a truck. I would not be able to find the link to that article in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe it was intentional. Maybe their plan was to switch cars periodically, unwittingly leaving a trail of stolen vehicle reports behind them. He went to the car wash, but the video showed, that he was just standing there behind the car. I didn't see any washing going on. They may have decided, that a car wash was the perfect place to ditch that vehicle and get another. They hadn't counted on the facility having surveillance.
You might be right, Thanks! I saw a video (or 2 pictures) that showed him behind the truck in the car wash bay but maybe he was just standing there and not actually washing the truck.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:48 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,158,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
According to MapQuest, Evansville, Indiana is 282 +/- miles from Lauderdale. Not sure if this link will work -

https://www.mapquest.com/directions/...y-al-282933451

For some reason, they did not stray far from I-65. They were lucky not to get caught sooner.
Yeah, my mistake! For some reason I was thinking Orange Beach to Indiana. Probably because Lauderdale reminds me of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events