Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 09:11 AM

22,014 posts, read 13,047,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why couldn't she have filed for retirement, then when the paperwork went through and was approved, everything was set, pension ready to go, she could have done the escape on her last day of work, or next-to-the-last day. In the end, that might not have worked either, but at least she couldn't have been fired, because she'd have been on her last workday, or close.
She also could have "cashed out" (taken a lump sum payment) versus receiving monthly checks. Maybe they were too much in love to wait -- or feared being discovered. I don't know why people insist she was "brainwashed/manipulated." Plenty of women prefer bad boys!

I guess it's the same segment of people who can't believe that murdered woman willingly slept with the undocumented handyman.

And, for those who don't know, living off-grid in RVs (often with solar power) is a thing now. Check out "van life" vlogs on YouTube, although many live in more luxurious rigs than vans. Yes, you shower at truck stops and move from BLM land to BLM land. Many dream for years of this lifestyle and love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 09:28 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
She also could have "cashed out" (taken a lump sum payment) versus receiving monthly checks. Maybe they were too much in love to wait -- or feared being discovered. I don't know why people insist she was "brainwashed/manipulated." Plenty of women prefer bad boys!

I guess it's the same segment of people who can't believe that murdered woman willingly slept with the undocumented handyman.

And, for those who don't know, living off-grid in RVs (often with solar power) is a thing now. Check out "van life" vlogs on YouTube, although many live in more luxurious rigs than vans. Yes, you shower at truck stops and move from BLM land to BLM land. Many dream for years of this lifestyle and love it.
Yes. And "hmmm" to the RV option. I wonder if she'd bought one in advance, and has it stashed somewhere. But with the orange car all over the media, she'd now have to get a different car, to drive to wherever the RV is. Interesting thought, though.

I don't believe "they" were in love. She may be (if she's still alive). But he's a master manipulator, probably good at faking being in love. Though her really doesn't look the type, does he? lol. But he somehow was able to put on the charm 2 years ago, to get her attention.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:31 AM

5,681 posts, read 3,179,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why couldn't she have filed for retirement, then when the paperwork went through and was approved, everything was set, pension ready to go, she could have done the escape on her last day of work, or next-to-the-last day. In the end, that might not have worked either, but at least she couldn't have been fired, because she'd have been on her last workday, or close.
The day of escape WAS her last day. What I find a bit weird (but what do I know) was that she had waited until the day before, to turn in her paperwork. But I suppose she knew from the get-go she wouldn't be accessing her pension.

And if she HAD, at one point, had actually had her pension set up, she would've had to provide banking information, which I guess authorities could track...so I think she knew from the beginning she wouldn't be getting money from her pension.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:34 AM

I know I had to turn in my paperwork a month before my retirement date for it to process in time, but I don't know their system. Why even bother doing that if you're going to walk out on your pension?

Old 05-06-2022, 09:40 AM

102,241 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
The day of escape WAS her last day. What I find a bit weird (but what do I know) was that she had waited until the day before, to turn in her paperwork. But I suppose she knew from the get-go she wouldn't be accessing her pension.

And if she HAD, at one point, had actually had her pension set up, she would've had to provide banking information, which I guess authorities could track...so I think she knew from the beginning she wouldn't be getting money from her pension.
Interesting. What a tangled web! So in normal circumstances, an employee would file the paperwork well in advance, so the first day of the pension's active status would be the day after the employee terminated their service? And the first payment would be deposited to the person's account a month later? So she absolutely knowingly forfeited her pension?

Crazy stuff. There's no way she could live out her retirement on whatever cash, possibly some investments, she has set up. She could have another 40 years to live. This isn't adding up.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:50 AM

5,681 posts, read 3,179,442 times
Quote:

They're not cheap. I keep thinking about that. She would want to get a newish one I would think, to avoid travel problems. The least expensive option would be a travel trailer (which would need to be hauled) for anywhere between $15 to $30,000. A 5th wheel would be somewhere between 30 and 70,000 and a motor home would be 100,000+.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
They're not cheap. I keep thinking about that. She would want to get a newish one I would think, to avoid travel problems. The least expensive option would be a travel trailer (which would need to be hauled) for anywhere between $15 to $30,000. A 5th wheel would be somewhere between 30 and 70,000 and a motor home would be 100,000+.
There's no "travel problem" with a towed TT, which is what they would probably use to less conspiciously run errands in a truck. You can still find cheap ones, although - as with everything else - they've gone up in price recently. We have no idea when or where she might have purchased one. And, again, she has enough money; she's been saving for years.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:20 AM

50,954 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
If Ms. White isn't already dead, she will be. He has no further use for her. Has the 95k house money, vehicle. She's excess baggage. Years in prosecution obviously colors my opinion.
I really don't think so. At 6'9, 330 pounds no matter what disguise he could never go out in public to get food or anything. She could dye her hair and wear a mask/sunglasses and no one would recognize her. Aside from that, most people would want company vs being isolated and alone for the next 30 years or so.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:26 AM

50,954 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:

What is BML land?

Old 05-06-2022, 10:33 AM

Sorry; BLM (Bureau of Land Management).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events