Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 07:46 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Many of the students are afraid to come back to campus, and many of their parents are afraid to let them. They need to be transparent and communicate with the community.
At FSU in 1978, tons of people left. So scary. My sister and I were there but left - never went back.

(Ted Bundy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 08:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I wonder if Jack has an alibi? Has it came out why he didn't answer his phone? He would have a motive since they had recently broken up.
He was probably one of the first ones LE talked with. They've likely already taken his DNA as well.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:15 PM

2,035 posts, read 852,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I am surprised the police are giving so much info in the press
Think that is likely a bad idea…counterproductive in long run
But maybe because they don’t get many multiple murders
They are releasing very quickly information on who is no longer a suspect. And the reason being is that people are very emotionally charged about this case and we could end up with an innocent person being a victim really quick if someone got the idea that they were the murderer. So as soon as they eliminate someone they are going to the press and telling everyone this person is not a suspect. That’s why.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
This is from the Daily Mail so take it with the usual grain, but there's something about a dog being found skinned alive close to there, some tire tracks, and how two of the kids had gotten a ride home from some as-yet unnamed person.

It also has a few photos of Jack. Those two don't look as if they belong together. He's also a few years older, and they've been dating "for years," so I have to wonder how old she was when they got together. Edit: this is just speculation, but she was an attractive girl, and him, not so much...she was in college and making new friends, and maybe growing apart from him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-innocent.html

Last edited by Metlakatla; 11-20-2022 at 08:31 PM..

Old 11-20-2022, 09:23 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Like some experts are saying they may have been too shocked to scream.

Like I said earlier “When I was attacked in a parking lot the man came at me and grabbed my neck and started to drag me to a car. It was fast and brutal . I always thought I’d be a screamer but I was so shocked I couldn't process what was happening to me and Then near the car I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I eventually did scream and a bystander came to my rescue , but if he’d have stabbed me or hit my head with a weapon in those early and crucial seconds I’d have been done.”.
It takes energy to scream and if you are putting your energy into struggling against an attacker or running from an attacker you may not even think to scream. I had a weirdo chase me on a trail years ago and it was terrifying - my mind was focused solely on getting away from him and looking for an escape. I had no voice. Thankfully, a male jogger came along causing the weirdo to run off into the woods and out of sight.

Certainly, if you are awakened in the middle of the night by being stabbed in the safety of your own bedroom it might be over by the time you realize what is even happening - especially if you had been drinking earlier.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This is from the Daily Mail so take it with the usual grain, but there's something about a dog being found skinned alive close to there, some tire tracks, and how two of the kids had gotten a ride home from some as-yet unnamed person.

It also has a few photos of Jack. Those two don't look as if they belong together. He's also a few years older, and they've been dating "for years," so I have to wonder how old she was when they got together. Edit: this is just speculation, but she was an attractive girl, and him, not so much...she was in college and making new friends, and maybe growing apart from him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-innocent.html
The skinning of that little dog is sinister to me. They had let their 12 year old mini Aussie out as they did every evening but this time the dog didn't come back so they and some friends went looking for him and found him skinned like a deer and filleted like a fish. They found the dog's collar but his pelt was missing.

Before this, the owner of the dog had seen a mutilated wild rabbit not long before his dog was killed. The bunny was missing its ears. This all happened weeks before these kids were murdered.

Serial killers are known to start off by abusing animals so maybe there is a connection.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
This isn't as though Jack were calling the girls over and over and over.

He's the recipient of their obsessive dialing.

I don't believe that man harmed anyone, and was likely just sleeping through their calling him over and over and over, in their drunken haze.

Last edited by ClaraC; 11-20-2022 at 09:57 PM..

Old 11-21-2022, 06:32 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times
It is surprising that they have no clues.

That bloody scene must have murderer all covered in blood?
How did he/she get away without leaving a trace - no foot/shoes prints? Smudges, blood drops?
It had to be tiring to kill so many people - yet the murderer was able to cover tracks and made no mistakes?

Did the police use bloodhounds?

Thought the same as the FBI profiler:
-if that was a rational killing - there was 1 target only, the rest were collateral to cover the link between the target and the killer

-if there is a connection with the mutilated animals -it may signify a psychotic or sociopathic killer on the loose- then no one is safe in the community.. They shouldn’t discount this.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:58 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This isn't as though Jack were calling the girls over and over and over.

He's the recipient of their obsessive dialing.

I don't believe that man harmed anyone, and was likely just sleeping through their calling him over and over and over, in their drunken haze.
Or he did kill them and called his own number as his alibi........

Kid doesn't look capable of killing 4 people but he did have an Iron Maiden T-shirt on.....

Old 11-21-2022, 06:59 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
My guess is the boyfriend Jack did it. Probably flipped out for some stupid reason like other people that kill their wives. Girls parents will turn on him once he becomes a suspect.
No, he has been cleared by police, as has the Uber driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events