Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 07:38 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times

Advertisements

Back in the early 80s or earlier,a guy went to an apt in Chicago where the hospital nurses lived ,tied them up one by one in the living room and then took them one at a time to the kitchen and raped and cut them up in pieces,nailed parts on the wall,
One of the nurses,a Philipino girl rolled under bunk bed and hid there.
After he left,she opened the window and screamed for help,neighbor called the police and they came .
There was so much rage among the locals,he has to be transferred to another state to be put on trial.
The poor girl quitted her job and have to travel many times to testify in court ,eventually someone set up a fund for her so she does not have to work.
What I dont understand is there are like 5 nurses,and the guy is drunk,they could have fought him ,5 women against one drunk man,and they are nurses,they would know where to hit him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
My other thought is that since this house was considered a party house , that’s what I read somewhere, hearing a bit of a racket might not be unusual.
hearing someone screams in pain is not the same as party goers scream for joy !!

Old 11-20-2022, 07:41 AM

Someone mentioned an 8 years old girl slept with a dachshund,dog does not bark if it knows the person,this is the case with OJ Simpson's case.

Old 11-20-2022, 07:57 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
hearing someone screams in pain is not the same as party goers scream for joy !!

Experts are stating they may have been too shocked to scream.

When I was attacked in a parking lot the man came at me and grabbed my neck and started to drag me to a car. It was fast and brutal . I always thought I’d be a screamer but I was so shocked I couldn't process what was happening to me and Then near the car I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I eventually did scream and a bystander came to my rescue , but if he’d have stabbed me or hit my head with a weapon in those early and crucial seconds I’d have been done.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:35 AM

500 posts, read 359,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not the police who put it out. I saw a sister of one of the victims interviewed on Chris Cuomo last night. The families are fighting for transparency that is not coming. They are very unhappy with lack of communication from the police, and they think poor handling of the case so far (this is a small town, most likely not well versed in handling such a case.

The police won't even tell why they first said there was no threat to the community, and then rescinded that.
I understand this mom is devastated beyond my comprehension but ...

What information and communication do the families want ?

The local authorities seem to be processing the forensics and talking to people who were around that night (think grey hoodie guy).

Yes there were some communication missteps at the beginning and they should evaluate their communication to the public policies, but is that really the priority at this point.

Mom feels unhappy and she's thinking things... okay.. none of that is helping to solve the case...it seems to me to be public grieving.

Here is a local interview.

https://www.khq.com/news/it-makes-me...7100f5c07.html

Old 11-20-2022, 09:40 AM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Default It was 1966 - Richard Speck

Quote:
Back in the early 80s or earlier,a guy went to an apt in Chicago where the hospital nurses lived ,tied them up one by one in the living room and then took them one at a time to the kitchen and raped and cut them up in pieces,nailed parts on the wall,
After he left,she opened the window and screamed for help,neighbor called the police and they came .
There was so much rage among the locals,he has to be transferred to another state to be put on trial.
The poor girl quitted her job and have to travel many times to testify in court ,eventually someone set up a fund for her so she does not have to work.
What I dont understand is there are like 5 nurses,and the guy is drunk,they could have fought him ,5 women against one drunk man,and they are nurses,they would know where to hit him?
Just awful. Our family was leaving the Chicago area at the time and this just made it more solid.
People were scared.

Then later that year, Valerie Percy was murdered while sleeping in the most exclusive Chicago suburb. That was near where we lived.

We left shortly after - already planning to go but this was horrible.

I was in elementary school then as we all were.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:40 AM

102,184 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Experts are stating they may have been too shocked to scream.

When I was attacked in a parking lot the man came at me and grabbed my neck and started to drag me to a car. It was fast and brutal . I always thought I’d be a screamer but I was so shocked I couldn't process what was happening to me and Then near the car I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I eventually did scream and a bystander came to my rescue , but if he’d have stabbed me or hit my head with a weapon in those early and crucial seconds I’d have been done.
OMG! When did that happen: daytime or night? Crowded parking lot, or empty or sparse? This is alarming! It seems like a very blatant crime. The shock of the whole thing must have lasted awhile, even when you were safe and sound, back home.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:49 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
On News Nation. My new favorite news channel. Meant for Independents, and moderates of both parties, who are disgusted with both parties being given over to their fringe elements and biased news, whether left leaning or right leaning.

It was on his show there that Kanye did his now infamous interview a couple of weeks ago.
The ratings are rough to say the least. There honestly isn’t a lot of fans of the show let alone the network. The Hallmark channel has less viewers but that’s about it. https://ustvdb.com/networks/ Less than 50k viewers, with some shows less than 20k

Old 11-20-2022, 10:07 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
I remember that case , absolutely horrific

Old 11-20-2022, 10:09 AM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
I remember that when it happened I was a teenager. It was in the mid 1960's I think 8 nurses were killed. Even back then people wondered how all those nurses, could not have overcome this skinny guy. Since he rounded them all up and had them in 1 room, killing them one by one. At least that's how the news reports listed the scene of that crime. Of course none of us know how we would react in such a terrifying situation. Perhaps they became frozen with fear and couldn't react.

This was just a few years after the Boston Strangler, was breaking into woman's homes and strangling them all over Boston. I remember my grandparents would put bottles behind the door, so if it was broken into the bottles would fall over. My father put all kinds of locks on their doors and windows, and went over to see them everyday while those murders were happening. .

Definitely some seriously evil people in this world. My guess with the Idaho murders is these students knew their killer, or he was familiar with them from a distance. There is a reason the police have been saying from the beginning, that it was a targeted attack. Actually I'm surprised they have given out that piece of information. Probably because it was the only way they could bring, any calm at all to the residents of Moscow. That is if the residents think the killer was only interested in those 4 students, and not another serial killer on the prowl. It would bring at least some feeling of safety to the local community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events