Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 10:51 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Tribunals often accept heresay evidence and unsworn testimony.
IT field only means that they are good at numbers

I wonder if she is still working for the same AJG?
In UK it could be difficult to fire without a cause - unlike in US? Could this be a cause? Technically- she harassed her boss sexually with the insane innuendo ?

Perhaps UK-ers will chime in? Maybe BNW will tell us how it is now? It was a long time when I was abreast of their labour legislation..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
this is weird. maybe she has a crush on him. Interpreting these situations as sexual means that she needs to get her mind out of the gutter. Maybe that's how she thinks by default, so it's easy FOR HER to oddly connect those dots.
It does sound like a sex deprived crush?
Though she didn’t call him vibrant, intelligent, handsome, athletic and gorgeous - but rich and powerful.
It could be a crush - money! Or attention seeking?

Old 05-19-2023, 11:17 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
I was thinking in line with schizophrenic? A lot of really scientifically smart people have a touch or even of full blown schizophrenia.
Meds help to keep it in check and the person functional

Well, you could be right and I'll be a touch more sympathetic if this were the case.

I thought that the woman was basically making, a very poorly thought out, cash grab.

Old 05-19-2023, 02:43 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
She was definitely…reaching. Lol

Old 05-19-2023, 02:44 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Tribunals often accept heresay evidence and unsworn testimony.
IT field only means that they are good at numbers

I wonder if she is still working for the same AJG?
If she worked in my office, even if I weren't AJG I would file a complaint with HR that she is creating a hostile work environment because I feel that she will literally make up any interaction into sexual harassment and having any interaction or just her being in the office makes me uncomfortable because you don't know where the next false allegation will spring from.

Old 05-19-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If she worked in my office, even if I weren't AJG I would file a complaint with HR that she is creating a hostile work environment because I feel that she will literally make up any interaction into sexual harassment and having any interaction or just her being in the office makes me uncomfortable because you don't know where the next false allegation will spring from.
You are right: really feel sorry for AJG - it is hard to defend yourself being the owner of the company.
Lucky for him she was so off the wall in her accusations - that helped.

I can’t even imagine if she would be more subtle.. he could be in trouble mainly because he is a rich and powerful man like she was saying

Old 05-19-2023, 06:12 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You are right: really feel sorry for AJG - it is hard to defend yourself being the owner of the company.
Lucky for him she was so off the wall in her accusations - that helped.

I can’t even imagine if she would be more subtle.. he could be in trouble mainly because he is a rich and powerful man like she was saying
Great post.

It goes both ways. The NBA has an entire rookie orientation that covers both their OWN behavior as well as the predators (female or male) that will try to rob them, extort them, get pregnant by them or otherwise rip them off.

I have young female relatives that have been harassed. I have had male relatives who were suckered into marriage claiming the kid was theirs...it wasn't...and had both female and male co-workers fired from the company at worked at for harassment related stuff.

So, in current culture you just have to be *savy* and listen to the claims and the story regardless of your own experiences or biases.

Old 05-20-2023, 02:03 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
This poor woman truly believed that her boss was constantly coming on to her. Just her brain misfiring, I guess.

Old 05-20-2023, 03:46 AM

20,634 posts, read 4,415,276 times
XX, YY, ?? so terrifying

Everyone knows the letters are W, x, Y

or correctly:

W
x
Y

Calling Dr. Phil we got another patient for you.

Old 05-20-2023, 05:42 AM

1,931 posts, read 819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
It went in front of a Judge in an 'Employment Tribunal', and not a criminal court or even a proper civil court, and it was subsequently thrown out by the Judge who branded the woman as having a “skewed perception of everyday events” and regularly misinterpreted “innocuous” interactions.

Tribunals are less formal than courts and are usually a quicker and cheaper way of resolving disputes, with those involved usually representing themselves, and this case was quickly thrown out, which was the correct decision in my opinion.
“skewed perception of everyday events” A nice way of calling the woman a whacko.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events