Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

Well now that I have the Guestroom organized it is off to the garage
I have more of CD stuff in there so I want to get it boxed up and shipped

Plus now that I made room in the guestroom closet I can move the box of a bazillion pictures into the closet

Core exercises are on the list for today
I have PT tomorrow so don't want to get "yelled" at if my hip slipped back out

There is a run to the pet store on the list for bird & ralphie food
and laundry

rofl hold me back form todays excitement !!!

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Exciting day here today, too, Karla. Yeh, right.

DH is out there, trying to cut some more slices from his pine logs. That's fun. At least he's using an electric chain saw, not a gas one. And, no, Karla, you can't come and play with it.

Hey, I rather liked the big tv in the guest room.

Walked 2 miles...was feeling a bit achy today, so I only did 10 min. on weights.

I'd like to get that pedi today. Two of my neighbors go to this place that's really close by, so I may try them. Also need to do some dusting. The cats have been drawing in the dust. Thank goodness they can't write, or I'm sure I'd have some nasty comments instead of artwork.

OK, gotta run. CYL>

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
lol Pattie if you like the guestroom TV maybe I will send it to your house

I want to play with the chain saw !!

You need to treat yourself to a pedi that way you can relax this afternoon so your toes dry completely

Just had a chat with the owner at corporate
if we do this new project everything will be transferred to our name
However our accountant suggested we not take payroll until the end of the year because switching payroll mid year is a nightmare

I am getting the "what will I be getting myself into" panic mode

Old 06-30-2011, 07:01 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Morning everyone!

I did the garage last week. Quite annoying since I'm not the one who messes it up!

Full day ahead since I spent all yesterday in the garden!!! I really want to keep going and dig out the last (yeah right!) bed and start on the flag stone patio... I did have a lucky break though by being honest. I got some BIG rocks for free from the village just by asking. I needed them to stop possible future errosion on a small hill. I'm going to try my honesty again since I found a new rock pile just down the road...

Anyhoo, my long haired son is getting a buzz cut today. I think he finally realised that long hair in summer is a pain in the tush. Then off on the hunt for a few bushes. There's lots of sales going on here. Who wants to join me?

Will be on the elyptical later trying to shed the tummy flub.

Have a wonderful day

Old 06-30-2011, 07:05 AM

Karla, don't you DARE send that BATV to my house!

The garage is hubster's domain. He messes it up, he gets to clean it up!

Sue, sorry...I don't do garage/yard sales. Do you think you'll recognize DS when he gets home???

Old 06-30-2011, 08:44 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk in the neighborhood this morning. It is going to be a hot one, I can tell. Shadow went from shady spot to shady spot....

Karla, I will try to answer your question about Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP). My friend's (the one who owns the farm) mother owns a group home here. It is open to all kids under the age of 18. They are adjudicated there from all over the state. We have them as young as 6 and we have many right at 17. Currently there are 48 full time residents. The program is a 24 hour deal. They live there, go to school there, eat there, etc. Most of these kids are headed down the wrong path in life, and several have made some very poor decisions. If they make another mistake they go to jail. EAP is part of the program. It is a fabulous way to help kids to understand concepts like communication, respect, teamwork, and to learn about interpersonal relationships. They work, unmounted, with carefully chosen horses. There are many different levels of exercises designed to teach very specific lessons. It is amazing what they pick up on from the horses. I very clearly remember one boy who was quite the bully. We paired him up with my horse, who does not tolerate ANY kind of disrespect. This boy tried to bully my horse and my horse put the boy on his butt. The boy got up and gave my horse some attitude, and found himself back on his butt with a 1,000 pound animal standing over top of him popping its teeth. The boy looked at the councilor and said "Is this what it is like for other people to be around me?" Telling the boy that it was unacceptable behavior was wasting your breath (and people had been wasting their breath with this boy for 14 years), but a horse showed him in less than 5 minutes. Kids who graduate from the program, which I want to say takes 10 months if there are no setbacks, have something absurdly low like a 3% re-offense rate.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
I slacked big time last night and did not run. Feeling a kind of low-grade soreness all over. Ah, old age. Today did some landscaping and some little half-hearted trots as I had to water some of the remote plants. Not much rain lately and hot temps. Did a couple of squats before running out the door. I am going to make sure to get up and do stretches during the day whilst at work.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 AM

Evey, Show me the person who thinks animals are stupid and I'll show them your story. Amazing.

Kinkytoes....sometimes age does catch up with us.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Did a pretty short but intense workout today, will write more later, if possible. I can't believe it isn't Friday!?!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
I agree this week has been hectic and I am waiting for Friday to begin the Holiday weekend. Hoping hubby at least has Monday off.

Well I exercised when Morgan was at school, I found another medium cardiac workout and whew it was more like intense for me!

After that I had to go to the Secretary of State and give Michigan Bob's hard earned money to register, title and plate the cars legally. I did not change my license, they took enough money today! But at least we are legally driving our cars now (MI gives people 30 days to register their cars, we were a tad over that!). I switched insurance companies too. I have been with my company since the late 80's, and because Bob got that ticket in Indiana they jerked the price up (funny how we were paying so little in IN and it jumped up over $100. a month up here and was not even as good of coverage). So I left, they can kiss my a@s.

Gotta get, Pattie when do you leave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals