Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

I am hoping for a nice relaxing not much to do weekend

I do have 2 work things to get done today
one is the BS with corporate and the other is a meeting with my manager and one of our "drama Queen" employees
The 1st I am getting CD involved, the 2nd I am going to explain the "why we don't have drama fits" at work facts of life

**shakes head** sometimes I feel like I am dealing with kids

There is no rain expected this weekend so I am goign to play in the garden
I have to trim back the basil as well as plant some new veggies

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

I just got back from my walk, going to be a hot one out there today. All that rain we had this spring and now everything is so dry. Half of the lawns around here are getting burned up, T's is partially too.

Have fun with the meetings Karla! Don't people know that they should just be happy that they have jobs?

I've got usual weekend stuff to do today, grocery store will be first on the list. After that I'm not sure besides laundry. I want to call the kids and see how everything is going now that they are home. I want to bring them over a meal (yea sure we know what my intent is.

I'll be back later.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:36 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Oh, that's a great idea! Bring lots of food, I bet the new mama is hungry, after having a baby that big!

I have more flowers to pot up and mh needs new work boots, so we might go to this store here that has pretty much everything including an gigantic selection of flowers. We went to Walmart a coupledays ago and I picked out [my computer is messing up and making it skip a letter when i try to goack-stupid idiot computer]

a couple more coleus, one purple and green and the other an orangy color. Have a big red one in a pot with red verbena and wave petunias. I know it needs some other colors in it, but boy it looks good! Also got a blanket flower and some impatiens and marigolds and more stuff, I love putting containers together, but it's hard for me to get them just right.

Have a good day all.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:14 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, gang. Had Comcast connection issues. All set now, thank goodness. I didn't feel like pulling out the "I hear Dish has good internet now" line.

Just hanging out today. We did go out early this a.m. to pick up a few things at Wally World and then Lowes. I finished making the turkey soup I started yesterday. I've found making it in two days gives it tons more flavor.

Not much going on.

Karla, please don't bring up the freezer in front of DH. He's been whining for one for years now and I see no reason for us to have it because we'd fill it up with stuff and forget about it. We already do that with the one in our fridge. So it's our little secret, ok??

Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Hi all.

It "was"a peaceful morning until the kids dropped by. They called and gave us a heads up. They dropped off Father's Day stuff and in return I ended up making breakfast on the fly again.

Karla-Sorry about the kids. Yup..many time adults can be worse than kids.

So far so good on the Ninja. I think there are different ones Anyway, I got the basic one. It is a pulse blender with no buttons. It's kind of hard to get used to if you just want chopped veggies. I liquified my celery yesterday for some crab salad. oddly enough I am enjoying the green smoothies....but I won;t go into detail

Connie-Glad to hear billie is almost done. What are his plans when he gets home?

Sandy-Sorry about the car. I hope Bob can figure it out. Sorry...I can;t help you with your auction. I can only deal with one stubborn man at a time, lol.

Pattie-Glad you got Comcast straightened out. By you do have a lot of problems with them.

Why do things have to stink so bad when you use a pressure cooker? I am testing out some garbanzo beans right now. They normally tale 1 1/2-2 hours to cook. With the pressure cooker it only takes 7 minutes from the time the pot starts to jiggle. It is cooling now. I'm afraid to open the pot. I may have a "full" pot of beans

Hubby is down talking to the cow people. They are delivering hay top the barn. I have to stay here and watch the pot

Have a great night!!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
It was the connection Lisa, and baby Kia is up and running again. Thank goodness it made it up here before it decided to die because it was tough getting it one mile after giving him 2 jumps! If it would have happened at his work, that is about 17 miles away!

Got dinner warming up in the oven, never got to the grocery store because he had to take two trips with my car. Warming up bbq rib, twice baked potatoes, and cold salads. Summer life is great.

BTW I am not much of a drinker, but I found these frozen wine coolers at the store down the street, they are like kool aid with a small punch, hummm very good.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:13 PM

122 posts, read 97,751 times
40 min on the bike, with a big box fan on me. I find I can go much longer if I am kept cooler. Was in my target range longer.

Music was Big Al Anderson, Brad Paisley, Bonnie Raitt, Danny Flowers, Raul Malo, the Derailers and Todd Sharp.

Have to get a blood glucose monitor and a BP cuff. Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently.

Question: Do I burn fewer calories if I have a fan on me during exercise?

Old 06-16-2012, 05:57 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good question, 5e3. DH says you don't really do your body good unless you sweat, but I'm not a big sweater, even without a fan, but I've managed to lose about 20 lbs. and lots of inches. WIsh I could help.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning ladies
Well I didn't as much done as expected
Wasn't able to get the bs with corporate cleared up because someone 9cd) didnt call but I have a new game plan formulated that I like even better

We called the guy who drives around on trash day and we came and picked up the old freezer he was beyond excited we asked him is he wanted the 2" blind we took down when we got the roman shades he said he will take anything

He is such a nice man we were glad to help him out
He said he would come back and take what ever kitchen cabinets we didn't want as well as the old countertop

This will be a few less things going to the landfill

Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Hey wait--I'll take those kitchen cabinets! Bet they're a thousand times better than mine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals