Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Sorry I didn't get to check back in it was a busy buys day
Got my honey delivery, then my nephew arrived on the way to the airport we stopped at Sonnys BBQ so he could pick up some ribs to take to Phila for our brother. Guess like we can't get good bagels down here they can't get good bbq up there. He treated me to lunch as long as we were there. I had the bes corn nuggets and decided I didn't like the smoked turkey as much as I do at Bonos bbq.
lol on the way to the airport he said "aunt sue lets see what this new car of yours can do "
So with the radio going we "opened her up" yup love this car (don't worry the speed limit was 75 and the fastest I went was 80 I don't speed lol)

Got home and went to the gym for the "how to use the equipt"

I got to try the infamous elliptical machine for the first time
10 mins at level 2 just for a warm up. This is a interesting piece of equipment.
The trainer was great though lol we had to have a little chat about the weights he had chosen I told him I wanted to tone not build my lower body.
His response was "but you have such strong legs wait come here I want you to show the other trainers your calves" ok was this a horse and pony show
what is it with trainers and built calves one would think they were looking at a centerfold picture rofl.

As you all know I don't formally work out on the weekend but I am kicking around the idea of heading to the gym for the 9 am cycling/spinning class.

So who will be our weekend warriors today

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Well, it's official. I'm retired. Hasn't hit home yet, though.

Did the 35 min. hubby walk, then came home to get stuff together. I'm leaving for Mom's in a few minutes. Take care, y'all. I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Karla, glad you're enjoying the gym. Can't wait to see those calves!

lots of love,
Pattie

Old 07-14-2007, 05:09 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
I am,Karla I can't sleep tonight! Too hot
Can't believe you are already up. I actually will go back to sleep again this is only 3.
The elliptical,sounds interesting,I need to go back to the gym,I want to see your calves.I joined Bally's early 1980',now I only pay $45 a year.I paid for 3 years. can't beat that price.Need to get motivated and have to have time to go.
Well....talk to you in another couple of hours.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 AM

nms I think you need to go get a really cheap watch and have a ceremonial watch burning to celebrate being retired.
I am sending you a pm

dragonten lol I remember those 80's prices I am paying $50 a month it is a bit more than other gyms but it is such a great place I don't mind. lol plus paying that much is another form of motivation.

After yesterdays machine experience I have decided I am more geared to the group exercise thing. I am really going to have to motivate myself for the machines. being the social person I am lol my trainer and I chatted as much as we worked out I am going to have to work on behaving myself.

After being up for a bit I realized that my legs are sore this morning probably from the machines, funny what affects and what doesn't. I figured the spinning class may put me over the edge and if I get to sore I won't want to work out. So I am going to settle for taking lola for a walk.
Then I told hubby we need to go shopping for more workout clothes.
I am going to do the spinning class 3x's a week and the machines 3 times a week hopefully I will have a routine figured out by the end of next week
I have "blocked out" 9 to 11:30 as my exercise time each day

karla

Old 07-14-2007, 07:05 AM

ok back from our walk we did 2 miles and I am happy to say that I ran part of the last mile and didn't fall over woo hoo !!!

Where is everyone ? maybe it is a sleep in day I didn't get up till almost 6

Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
one around the lake and cleaning this a.m. Kids jusr finished up some of hteir chores, so now have to make them breakfast, then to the farmers market to check it out.

Karla- what gym? You can PM me- I belong to the Y, but need a workout buddy to get there..

Old 07-14-2007, 07:42 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Unhappy Is it Saturday?

Yawnnnnn....Wow- I Cardio-Kickboxed my butt off last night & I'm so sore today. Add to that the HUGE argument I had w/ spouse. Everything hurts on me including my feelings

Wishing you all a better day than I'm having. No Kickboxing until Monday then I can visualize my spouses face on the bag !! Wapppp Wapppp

Old 07-14-2007, 07:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
I'm up, I'm up!

45 minute dog walk done. We even stopped at a yard sale along the way.

Karla, I saw you polka dotted wedgie shoes at the outlet mall yesterday. I would break my neck trying to walk in those!

O.K., now off to the beach.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:52 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,469 times
Goodmorning everyone!

Did 25 min. on the treadmill and my ab and strength exercises. Now I'm just waiting for my little man to get up. Oh boy he had a traumatic night last night..........got the hair buzzed........oh but he's so cute!!! Well this song is for my shower today for my friend who just had a little boy (I know you usually have the shower before they have the baby )

"Close your eyes......Have no fear.....The monster's gone.....he's on the run
and your mummy's here.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Boy.

Before you go to sleep......Say a little prayer.....Every day in every way.......it's getting better and better...
Out on the ocean, sailing away......I can hardly wait......To see you come of age.....But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
Cause it's a long way to go.....a hard row to hoe.....Yes it's a long way to go.....but in the meantime...

Before you cross the street.......Take my hand...........Life is just what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."

Congratulations on your retirement NMS! wooohoooo!

***HUGS*** to NHH!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:39 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
Another beautiful song by dreameyes!!

Good Saturday to everyone!

Karla, you are making me jealous!!! A long time ago, I used to go to a gym I LOVED. It was an all womens gym and it was real nice. I went all the time. I even met friends there. You are bringing back good memories for me.

We just got a new YMCA here in town and I keep telling my husband I want to join but I never go do it. I walk on my treadmill at home every now and then but it's not the same. I love that at a gym you have so many choices to do. I used to do Yoga too after I worked out. I like that a lot.

I hope my walking little Chloe every morning still counts, even though half the time she doesn't walk but sniffs around or just sits there and eats grass!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals