Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Fire up the grills

We don't have much planned for today the cleaning lady called and wants to come this morning
I thought for sure she was going to reschedule but hey who am I to complain

Later we have to take the diningroom table apart
thats about it for our day lol I am really going to try and take the day off

We put up a few more swatches of the new paint color nahhh not loving this one either

it is starting to look patchwork lol

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 06:13 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning and Happy 4th of July! My Dad would have been 89 today So the 4th has double meaning over here, on to celebrate the independance of our great Country and the other to celebrate the birth of, in my eyes, a great man!

Surfing the web right now, then I have to make up my broccoli bacon salad. I'll get cleaned up and off to Kim's for her annual 4th of July party. Funny she did not expect to do anything this year and people began asking her and Jesse about it, now it sounds as if we will have between 16 - 20 people there. Me, I'm just going to stay in the pool, high today of 97, and tomorrow we hit 101!

Karla, how many weeks left? I forget how long it will take them too. Seems to me my kitchen was torn apart for a couple of months, but that was one person doing it. I often felt that because this guy was a friend of my brother's he took extra time too. But that was then. I bet you are getting so excited!

Well off I go. FB next then on to the kitchen.

Have a great day all.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:24 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning and Happy 4th of July.

Karla-I hate picking paint colors. Why are there so many choices? What kinds of colors are you looking at?

Sandy-Have fun at the party and in the pool. Don;t forget the sunscreen.

Hubby and I are building stairs today. Oh joy, lol

Have a great day.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
The boat is gone! Looked pretty sweet going down the street. Swept up the driveway a little bit and, wow, it is hot out there already. Supposed to get up to 99 today, but the weatherm-*-*-screech***meteorologist said it will feel even hotter than it did when it was 104 a couple days ago, because of the humidity.

Don't know what we're going to do. I bought a few more flowers that I need to pot. Found a Martha Washington geranium in the clearance part at Menards and I grabbed it! We had one a few years ago, and it was outstanding!

Have a great day all. Sandy--does your broccoli salad have raisins in it? My mom used to make a lot of different salads back in the day, and oh boy, what a treat!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Morning all!

Yes Connie I have raisins in it I love it! I keep the mayo down and put a little low fat sour cream in it, just enough to give it a small, different taste, and also keep the fat content down. I'm not a good fan of low fat, but somethings just have to be. It turned out great, and my baked beans smell heavenly! Oh and speaking of such, is anyone having problems finding good watermellon this year? I have bought 4 so far this year and even tho they sound hollow when I thump on them they are mealy when I cut them. I got a bit out of the mellon I bought for the fruit salad, but a good portion ended up in the trash, again! Guess I best wait for the local mellons

I guess T and sig other are heading into town a day early. We are going to try to connect so the dogs don't have to be in a kennel all day long. Max will like that, he hates the kennel, he even tried to run off on me the other night because he heard me tell Macy "kennel up". So guess we will probably have two more for dinner!

We are not making it to the parade, it is too hot out already and if we make it over at about 1ish that will still make for a long day. Connie I hear you about the heat, I've been saying for a bit that this is southern heat, not only hot but that humidity is so thick! No complaints tho, I will regret them in January

Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 AM

Or you could try plain yogurt, too. I use fat free sour cream, have for years, and to me it tastes good--mh likes it too, and he's a, well, you know, a dude. He eats fat free yogurt too, in his lunch and that's what I use in my fruit salad, as part of the 'dressing'.

I hear someone out mowing. They have got to be out of their minds...or young.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Yep I agree, and with a fruit salad I made when the kids were growing up I used yogurt. I've already hit the store to make sure that I eat healthier, now Bob is an entirely different matter. I even bought myself fat free half and half, no more yummy tasting french vanilla or any other flavor. Maybe if they made it in fat free and sugar free I would get it.

Bob mowed the lawn last night and I thought he was crazy! Let it die or at least sleep until we get some good amount of rain!

Best get dressed, after 11 and Mr. is not up yet.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Have faith--my spouse is total meat and potatoes, but gradually, I have converted him to somewhat healthier stuff. Have to sneak it in there whenever possible. My husband will NOT open a drawer or a container to get his own food (unless it's in the lunches I pack), but if I am eating some grapes or cherries or if I cut up an apple and offer some to him, he's munching away. I even bought a bag of baby carrots, the super small ones, and he'll munch on those if I get them out.

My neightbor has her slaves over there mowing. I feel like going over and asking them if they're getting the holiday pay rate. What a *****, couldn't wait until later when it's cooler.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
I just ran 5 miles and biked 5 mile in 64 mins(including time to clean machines). For the remainder of the today, we are deciding between Boston, Marblehead or Merrimack. I hope everyone enjoys the country's independence. Happy 4th!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Happy 4th everyone.

Did my 3 miles (only 7 bursts today - knees were yelling at me) and 30 min. weights, with some of the new stuff the trainer showed me.

Off for dinner at friends' house, altho it sounds like a t'storm may just be headed our way.

Sandy, I wish they'd do the fat free and sugar free creamer, too. I would guess the reason we can't get both together is that they add more sugar to the fat free stuff to give it more flavor. Bummer.

Yeh, Karla...what colors?

Have a great 4th, everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals