Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

welcome aboard DaBeez

We are usually more focused but lol tis the season.

hence the "whittish" lol

we have become a close group and love new folks joining. We love to share our days and lives with each other. thats why this forum is such a great motivator because we all share triumphs and challenges.

Your workout sounds very interesting. what kind of work out is gigong?
My usual routine is spinning 3 times a week and a body pump with some "up close and personal" time with the elliptical.

newhomehappy is the "whap whap" queen with her kickboxing.

so as you can see we are a well rounded type of exercise group lol and if I don't get my butt back to the gym soon some of us will be more well rounded

tlb71 the dark chocolate red & green ones are even better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good news, everybody. Once they looked at my "photo shoot" from back north, then looked at the sets from what they shot today, everything is exactly as it has been for the past 10 years, so I'm ok. THe bad news was that the film turned out black as ink, so I had to have them done TWICE. GGGRRRRR. Oh, well.

Thanks for your concern. I'm glad they gave the results immediately. Now I don't have to wonder.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:26 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, thank heavens for that and especially for not having to wait!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,347 times
Welcome Dabeez, I just started posting on here myself. I have been reading them for awhile and my take on the thread is more along the lines of "how we fit exercise into our busy lives" and is a great motivator knowing others are out there plugging along so to speak. You sound much more motivated than I am these days,kudos! I tend to go through burn out periods, sometimes I am in the gym for 2 hours and sometimes just an hour. If I go too often my knees and right shoulder start to bother me, so I shoot for 5 days a week alternating upper/lower body.

I wish my gym offered classes as I love the bikes and would enjoy spinning, I think!
OOOHH, the dark chocolate ones are great and the almond ones also!

Great news nomoresnow! I have never had that done, but should soon!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 PM

yay for the good news nms

ok ladies (men turn away) see if you can get the digital ones much less squashing and form what they told me clearer readings

ok men you can look again

Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
OK< folks. You're all my good friends. I can trust you to do this for me. Next year, if I even THINK about making cookies from scratch, please just tell me to go stick my fingers in a moving blender. It would have to be more fun that I had making cookies today. Don't you just hate it when nothing goes right for you? And after all that work, the stupid things don't taste right. It's not like I've never made this recipe before. GGRRRR.

Thank you. I feel much better now.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:55 PM

nms
you leave those out for the "cookie thief" and hide the good ones
I do that with the real bagels I get from phila, hubby claims they are no different than the ones here soooo lol he gets the ones form here not from my "stash"

Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Karla - qigong (chi gung) is sort of in between tai chi and yoga. There are moving and static (non moving) postures where you coordinate your breathing with your movements or concentrate on certain muscle groups for health. I do a lot of organ qigong postures to help stimulate "energy" (chi) and health of internal organs (heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, stomach, spleen, etc). I havent been sick in years.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
NMS ... your cookies are not a complete loss. I bet the birdies would enjoy them and in return you'd enjoy watching the birdies while sitting on your porch eating cinnabuns!

Welcome DaBeez. Wish I had the patience to do any type of yoga.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
When I made a batch of peanut butter cookies that turned out really bad, I put them in a nice tin and gave them to my son to give his meanie school bus driver! Long, long time ago, that was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals