Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 05:15 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday Connie !!!

Is there cake ?????

F/U went well with the Dr got the all clear to take regular none tapped area showers. He said the incision looked good but there was some drainage so he put me on an antibiotic. He said about 2 weeks till the swelling and residual "discomfort" is completely gone.

So of course the minute I came home I jumped in the shower.
Yesterday was a lay low kind of day I wasn't really at my desk at all

What plans do you guys have for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 09:36 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Don't know what's up for here yet. Mh went out to the boat to do some work. I woke up at about 3 with horrible nausea, finally went back to sleep, but woke up again and still have it a little. I can't go thru that again. It's too soon to start having the cumulative affects of this, IMO. Maybe they have a stronger anti-nausea med.

Went to MIL's for some cake and ice cream last night. That was nice.

That's really good, Karla, only 2 more weeks til you're healed. Let's hope he's right! How'd you do with washing the area of the incision? I am still a little squeamish where that hole is concerned.

Well, have a good day. Hopefully, I can think of something fun to do...So far, my brain is not coming up with anything, though, and since I'm not supposed to be in the sun, that sort of limits things.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:09 AM

Connie what are they giving you for the nausea ? Have you tried zofran?

I have steri-strips covering the incision so I haven't seen it yet I am not sure how long they will stay the ends are coming loose and I have to trim them lol I make sure to wear my glasses so I don't trim my belly

Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Yes, I have zofran. I have it from before. Also had something called compazine [I think?] that didn't do anything.

Oh-I had to look up steri-strips. I see now.

Well, not much of a birthday. Mh knocked a box of stuff into the water at the marina (stuff he absolutely needs for finishing his windshield frames project) and spent most of the day trying to figure out how to get it out. He went back out today with his 'invention' and he said if that doesn't work, he's "going in" and believe me, this is NOT water you'd want to even dip your foot in, let alone dive down 10 feet into. You can't see in it. It's nasty Lake Erie yuckwater.

Then, we went to Walmart and then Menards. I did get a couple of pink begonias and another coleus, though, so it wasn't a total wash! Serious price slashing going on now in the garden center at Walmart.

Have a good day. Much as I hate to do it, it's already pretty hot and stuffy in here (although my weather bug app says it's only 78), I might have to turn the AC on.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Connie does the Marina have a guy that dives down and cleans the bottom of the boats? Maybe hubby could slip him a couple bucks to get his stuff.

It was a quiet weekend. Hubby had a haircut saturday at the mall so I went into Belks they were having a huge sale 75 % off got hubby a bunch of shirts and shorts

I really need shorts & tops too but the thought of trying things on and rubbing at the steri strips um nope

Did a lot of walking which made me realize yeah not quite ready for the treadmill
Hopefully once the strips fall off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals