Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

and it continues

good morning everyone

It is a really nice morning here in NE FL so I am going to meet mawipafl and we are going to walk around over at the outside mall/towne center

Thats makes exercise much more fun

they are calling for rain around 5 ha they have said rain for the last 3 days and we haven't gotten any 1 mile north of us did though

I will be climbing up & down my new step stool this morning replacing batteries
I already took it out to the screenroom this morning to try and measure the screen panels on the roof for my new "project" I want to make panels out of the outdoor fabric to help block the sun in the afternoon so we can spend more time out there

So what is everyone going to do today
and what will your weather be like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:50 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Hi all. Did 1.6 miles on the hotel treadmill and now, having digested breakfast, heading for the pool. Buffet lunch and minor league baseball game on the agenda today and tonight.

Hope everyone is well and exercising. Be careful on that stepstool, Karla.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

We are having our typical summer weather, 90 with rain in the afternoon. We got serious rain yesterday and we are hoping for a better beach afternoon today.

Shadow & I were out walking this morning when animal control stopped us. We were witness to an incident yesterday evening and the woman reported it. *heavy sigh* The dog in question is a very delicate Boston Terrier that lives across the street. The woman was walking her goofy Lab and the Boston came charging. Me, I would have booted the Boston (and in fact have on one or two occasions, and it leaves my dog alone now) but this lady began screaming which got her dog barking and the Boston bit her dog in the leg. She pinned the Boston to the road and I picked her up to take her back to her house. When the man came out to see what all of the noise was his Golden charged the woman's dog. I have seen this same scene play out with this same woman on numerous occasions. Their dogs don't bother anyone else. Oh well, I filled out the form. I hate being in the middle of things.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Can't blame you, Karla.

30 min. gym thing with the long bike ride home this morning.

Took DH to the VA clinic to check out his rash - the nurse said it's just a heat thing, so I just slathered a bunch of Neosporin on it and when I get back from the pool, I'll put on some Gold Bond powder to keep him dry back there. Poor fella has some overactive sweat glands it seems.

Went to Sears and picked up a new vacuum. Years ago, I came home from work to find that DH decided to "surprise" me with a new vac. I always hated that thing, so I told him that I wanted to pick this one out, since I'm the one who uses it. Well, long story short....I wanted the Kenmore Progressive Upright on sale for $279. He wanted the Kenmore Progressive Canister on sale for $349. Three guesses which one we came home with. I don't get it. I don't make him buy the tool I like. I told him if we get the canister, he'll be the one to use it, not me. We'll see how far that gets me. OK, any more ideas on Daid Hubby list??? Sorry...not opening that can of worms again!

OK, folks, catch ya later. Charley, sounds like you're having a good time. Make sure you do some things that Marlene likes too, ok??? No, not THAT! JK.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Morning everyone,
Not doing much today. My time of the month and the first day, I'm usually sick, still like a teenager.
More info than what everyone needs I'm sure but it still gets me puny.
NMS, make sure it's a heat rash and not yeast. My mom had something like that a few weeks ago on her arm and it was a yeast growth.
Have fun with the ball game Charlie and have fun walking the mall Karla.
Everyone have a good day.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Well, Evey we have our share of doggy drama too with my neighbor's 3, count 'em THREE dachshunds that never stop barking-and she puts them out in the morning, in the afternoon, late at night, like 1:30/2...and falls asleep in her chair. She can't hear them at all inside her house, but we and one other neighbor get the full brunt of it. My dH has high blood pressure, and those dogs get him so mad it's scary. And she is oblivious to it.

So, anyway, I did most of mine for the day, still have my sit-up/twists and a couple more arm exercises. But, I am getting hungry! What a dilemma. Oh, Charley, we have a minor league team here-the Toledo Mud Hens! Have fun on your vacation!

Happy Finally it's Friday everybody!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,255,285 times
HI EVERYONE!! I have been slacking the past couple of weeks because of mid-terms. Unfortunately, I'm all out of excuses now. Back to the gym I go!

Hope all is well

Old 06-27-2008, 01:52 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
I am so glad it is Friday. My poor hubster has had one awful week at work, and well, I worry enough for the pair of us.

Racey, I hate those situations too. We have a problem with a golden retriever in the neighborhood. The owners have zero control. The darn thing comes charging out of the house straight across the road snarling and baring its teeth. I'm just unfortunately waiting for something to happen one day.

Well, had a really good brisk walk this morning. It finally started to rain which is helping to cool us off. They kept saying the same thing here Karla about the weather. Luckily I ignored them and kept watering my grass. It's looking pretty green out there.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Hi foma. Nice to see you back in the groove. Hope your mid-terms went well.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Yes, foma, nice to see you.

Karla, I remember Klinger in M*A*S*H* used to talk about the Toledo Mud Hens! I didn't know they were for real!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals