Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone !!!

Jack Frost paid us a visit last night and left us frost on the roofs cars and grass but they are calling for warm ups during the day into the 70s Thursday & Friday

I am not sure what I am going to do today
I might pick up a paper and see if anyone is having any really great Thanksgiving Day sales. I could head out there early since we don't have to be at MILs till hmmm you know I have no idea what time she wants us there lol I guess I should call and ask

I am in the market for new sweat pants lol mine keep falling down
Hey do any of you know of a brand where the inside fleece part doesn't get all pilled up after a few washes ?

In case many of you get tied up tomorrow and don't log on
let me take this time to wish you all

A very Happy Thanksgiving !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
We're going to hit the high 30s today!

Karla, I've had really good sweats made by Reebok and Adidas. That's one thing I won't go cheap on. I've found they last longer and keep their size and shape better.

Well, got to go and hit the shower. Another sweaty workout under my belt! I think my legs might feel like jelly in the morning. I increased the weight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, I have never had sweats that did not pill on the inside. I have had cheap ones and not so cheap ones. I eat sweats so I generally don't want to spend too much for them.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here and my dog was absolutely wild. We spent more than an hour out chasing mousies this morning. Shadow went back to bed & I have come to feed Buzz.

I can't say that I am overly motivated to be doing any projects today, but I need to keep plugging away at it.

Has anyone heard from Charley??

Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
hey evey
I guess I will be pillless sweat less lol

charley is over in the other forums omg you should see how he is making this really fancy cranberry sauce
I am not a fan of the stuff but this I might even give a try

I have errands to run today
scary pay the property taxes errand
and might as well renew the registration on the Acura while I am there since it expires in December

Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I think today is going to be getting things ready for my little visitor. Probably should take some of my clothes out of his room! And general sprucing up.

Got my oven fixed yesterday-are you sitting down? $250.00
The fastest 250 bucks I have EVER spent-he diagnosed it in about maybe 30 seconds, and all together, the actual replacing the part, maybe 15 minutes.

So after that joyous experience, I went out and planted my tulip bulbs. All 28 of them, and it was COLD! Bet I looked like an idiot-moreso than usual. Anyway, they're in, just have to see how many come up. Oh boy, my poor knees!

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy some gross and fattening food-I mean gross in the decadent, rich, oh I shouldn't kind of way.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Got my oven fixed yesterday-are you sitting down? $250.00
The fastest 250 bucks I have EVER spent-he diagnosed it in about maybe 30 seconds, and all together, the actual replacing the part, maybe 15 minutes.
You can get a home warranty policy for about $450 a year that will allow you to pay $55 for repairs or replacements of stuff like that. My last house I had the HVAC system replaced for $55 and the house before that I had a hot water heater, dishwasher & duct work replaced for $55 each.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
You can get a home warranty policy for about $450 a year that will allow you to pay $55 for repairs or replacements of stuff like that. My last house I had the HVAC system replaced for $55 and the house before that I had a hot water heater, dishwasher & duct work replaced for $55 each.
We don't have a mortgage payment anymore though, does that matter? Sorry if that's a stupid question! I'm guessing we couldn't do that. That is a great idea though, because they don't make that stuff to last anymore-he said we were lucky, usually that part goes out in 4 or 5 years. And the refrigerator guy said they left off a certain piece in the freezer that should route the water down, blah blah, anyway, it's like a cycle of life I guess. Can't keep people employed making new ones if the ones people have don't break-can't keep repairmen employed either.

It didn't used to be that way. Guess there's no more pride in workmanship, and pretty low standards too.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 AM

It doesn't matter if you have a mortgage or not. I use American Home Shield, but there are other policies out there. I have heard some people complain about Home Shield, but I have never had any problems with them. https://www.ahswarranty.com/Home.aspx Sears used to offer something similar and I know there are a few others.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 PM

Cool!!! Thank you This looks very interesting.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, all. Sorry I'm late - busy day and everything I came near or touched turned to doo doo. Long story.

Anyway...I made my apple pie this afternoon and it made the house smell SOOOOO good. That is, till DH cooked his kielbasa for dinner. I had a hamburger on fresh Polish bread. I'm not a kielbasa fan.

Had a talk w/the PT guy this morning. It looks like I'll be tacking on 4 more weeks after this next 2. Dam! I was hoping I'd be out of it before Christmas. Maybe I can at least talk them into twice a week instead of 3 x's. Oh, well.

Hey, I hope you all have the bestest T'giving ever. Fuzzy, you'd best give that new Lt. of yours a big hug from ALL of us.

love you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals