Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

After reading yesterdays thread and Tets(sues) request for motivational assistance. I though it would be a great time for us all to list our goals.

Sometime seeing it in print and knowing everyone else knows what we want to accomplish is a great motivator.

You goal doesn't just have to be a certain amount of weight.
It can be wanting to look good in something or a certain event or even helping with certain health issues so on and so on

So what do you want to accomplish ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 05:56 AM

My goals
I guess I should go get on the scale to see where things are but for now my goal is to lose around 10 pounds
I want to tighten up my thighs so I can wear a cute summer dress or shorts without this area wiggling

I want to lose a couple inches around the middle

Also I know my back has been acting up because of my reduction in exercise so unless I want to ache every time I have a day working in the garden I need to strengthen this area

These are my goals

Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Oh, I'd like to get back on the weight loss band wagon as well as the exercise one. I'm stuck in one spot right now, and I know why. As far as exercise, it's almost useless going to our gym right now with all the snowbirds around. I could walk, tho. Ok, you guys have me going. Monday starts a new week. I WILL WALK!

Has anyone ever noticed that, if you eat a certain food, even in moderation (like one slice of pizza for lunch), you bloat up? I'm at the same weight, but we cheated on food a bit this week and my pants are a bit tighter in the waist. Do you get that too?

Have a great day, all. We're off to Lowes for (you guessed it) more garden stuff. But this is nearing the end - it's edging.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Good morning

Well my goals are to lose additional lbs. Toning up is a major thing as well. Most of all I want to feel healthier and better about myself. Feeling positive is a great booster ... so is the sunshine that is beaming down on Wisconsin!

Pattie, if I eat anything high fat or fried (which is rare), it goes straight through me. My body just cannot handle it. Needless to say I limit that type of stuff. I try not to deprive myself though. I just limit the amount or take a smaller portion.

Already been to the gym. I'll be heading out for a walk once the hubster wakes up.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
I've been off track for a couple of months since we've had to put one of my dogs to sleep and I need to get back on the wagon so bad.

I need to do some type of movement everyday as in yardwork and walking or whatever and to stop talking about it and just do it.

Additional pounds need to come off so I can get back into my test jeans and button them without laying on the bed.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I did a whole lot of working out today, and my goal is to STOP snacking at night while I'm packing dh's lunch. I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds, maybe 5, and get my arms built up some-or my shoulders, actually.

So, it's really Friday? And the first day of Spring? Yippee!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Well, my face is still glowing after the walk this morning. The wind blew, the cold bit and the snow hit ya in the eye! So much for the first day of Spring!

Once my ankle biter gets off the bus I'm heading out for another walk. The wind is blowing but it looks a little warmer.

I think it's great that everyone is listing their goals. It's so much nicer when you have friends to kick you in the butt and keep you on track!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:57 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Default good ideal

That's a great idea to list the goals.
My goal is to lose 20 lbs by May (started a few days ago and have lost 3lbs) and to do 45 minutes of some type of exercise 4 times a week.(gone 3 times this week and will go tomorrow)
The middle of May I have a wedding to go to and then both my daughters are running in the Salt Lake City Marathon and my son and his wife are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary. All of these events are happening in the same week in Utah.........so I want to acheive my goals for when I fly there in May.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Hey peeps!

Sorry for the late post, but I ended up back at Purdue with Simon yesterday afternoon and just got home. He was in a bad way all of a sudden so we rushed him to the clinic. We were there with him until some ungodly hour and we were back at some still ungodly hour this morning. He made drastic improvement so we brought him home. Everyone keep your fingers crossed....

I have been doing nothing but driving and standing in front of a horse since 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I am whipped!

Hmmmmm, I don't know that I actually have any health or fitness goals. I joined this group because y'all were fun. I stay for the same reason.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:58 AM

evey sending good thoughts for Simon

I am glad to see what everyone is looking to accomplish

Like evey said we are a fun bunch which is probably why the thread is going strong 2 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals