Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday !!!

C/D left last night for his 2 weeks training so I am back to work

I was really surprised when I went over last night, except for the extra chairs & the big grill you would never of guessed there was a party this weekend
Well lol there was a large pile of trash bags at the curb for pick-up today

So he said things never got "crazy" I think the party went till 4:30 am Folks were just hanging out chatting and some were playing cards

It is really sticky out there this morning, it is already 80 degrees with 85% humidity
It will be an inside exercise day today !!
I have a feeling I may have to take a dip in his pool later this afternoon

So what do you have planned for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

It is 70 with a nice breeze here.

Shadow & I took our cookie walk this morning. DH is heading to FL this afternoon and a ran to the store to get him some stuff for the trip.

I have absolutely no plans for today that do not involved the sofa!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Sounds good to me, Evey.

Karla, doesn't C/D realize he needs to feed our gossip hunger???

Well, we had all good intentions of returning to the exercise program this morning, but DH crapped out on me. Said he wasn't feeling good. Just as well. I didn't sleep much, so I was just as happy to hang out in bed.

Made some ice cream in the maker I got from Santa for the first time today. I dunno. The instructions said to let it run for 25-35 min. and if you wanted it firmer, put the ice cream in the freezer for 2 hours. It wasn't even as firm as a thick milkshake! So it's in the freezer now; we'll see what happens. Full report at 11!

Gotta run. Gotta pay some bills before they come rip out my cabinets!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Ooooh! What flavor did you make? My fave is banana.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Well, it's the first time, so I went simple - chocolate.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
hey all
well I am well into my organization for you know who project

I am anxiously awaiting the ice cream report i have wanted to buy one but wasnt sure how well they worked

rofl pattie on the C/D & gossip
well I do have a funny to share
did you know that coals from a grill that was used on friday night are still hot on sunday afternoon when they are put into a box to be put into the big garbage can to be thrown out

score
hot coals 1- big garbage can 0
big burned spot on the lawn and karla taking a pick of the can priceless !!!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone.
We make icecream all the time. We run it for 30 minutes and the last 5 minutes, I like to add nuts and candy to it and I like it soft so it's just right for me when it's finished.
My sig. other likes coffee ice cream and likes it hard and frozen.
Exercise wise, I did ramp it up today with cardio, and arm work and then did a yoga type dvd to stretch out.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM

We think it's that the ingredients weren't cold enuff when I started the machine.
it's been in the freezer 2.5 hours and is still pretty soft. WE're just going to have to keep trying till we get it right.

Karla, one T'giving, my sister was helping me clean because I was having the dinner at our house. She asked if I wanted her to clean the ashes out of the fireplace. I said yes and so she stuck the hose from the central vac right into them, which still had hot coals.

hot coals - 1, central vac - 0

Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
It would have never made it to the freezer in our house! Oh and Evey, maybe you should take your horsey on your cookie walk! What would those insurance ladies say then-hey this is getting ridiculous!

I did some arm exercises this morning and just finished the Jillian Michaels boost metabolism workout. I"m considering getting the scale out and taking a look, but-oh, it's too late, I already ate something! ha!

Have a good day all

Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Evening all! After I get out of my work clothes I am heading to the gym, quick like before I talk myself out of it.
LOL, I never heard of coals being hot that long of a time, he sure must have had lots in there! And Karla your sister, wow you must have shook your head when you saw that
I want one of the ice cream makers too, but is it really worth the trouble as opposed to buying at the store?
Had an okay weekend (lots of rain and humidity) and a wonderful day today.
Well all have a wonderful night, the stair stepper is calling my name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals