Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Today is school and we are doing "leaves" we will be teaching the kids the difference between monocots & dicots. I have to go out and gather up as many different shapes and sizes I can find in the yard.

Then after we explain how leaves work we get to do leaf rubbings !!! I think I am going to have them use the rubbings to make Thanksgiving cards they can take home.

I am going to try to get my threads posted early so I can elliptical before school. I was kinda excited to not wake up sore from yesterdays 40 min one on one time with the elliptical, either that or the soreness may be waiting and will show up right away. I don't have it set at a high level just the manual one a couple days of this then I will bump it up

Todays group exercise for those of you that want to is "whittish Sues"
"boogie on down to the first song you hear on the radio!"

Oh wait lol !!! I tried something new last night. We had those thin minute pork chops and hubby used lemon pepper to season them. First time I tried that seasoning. It was different but ok, I will probably eat it again.

lol I know it is not that much of a "new thing" but little steps

So what are your exercise plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 06:32 AM

20 mins on the elliptical done
I didn't have as much time so I picked up the pace and did just over a mile

Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, everybody.

It's starting to cool down in the mornings here, so our walk was quite nice. Yep, DH managed to drag his sad sack butt out of bed and go with me today. We walked a little slower because his leg was bothering him, but we did a mile over and one back from the gym, with about 15 min. of weights in between. Yesterday, I focused mainly on legs (boy, am I noticing that today!) and today on arms. Let's hope my shoulder starts behaving once I get into my routine.

Karla asked what I ended up buying yesterday in Monday's thread, but I'll answer here.

We went to the mall and I attacked the Coach store. Now, I've only been in there once before, and I gather they don't do sales. I thought they'd have some sort of thing going on, but nnnoooo. The cheapest.....excuse me, didn't mean to say that; let me start again. The least expensive.........no, let me try again. The most affordable (how's that?) bag that I liked was about $260. I just didn't want to go that high. Plus the clerk was acting like I was going to grab a bag and dart out the door. So, after DH told her how ugly he thought the purses were, I dragged him out and we went to the outlet mall. BINGO! They had a store there. I found a lovely purse, light khaki colored leather, marked WAY down from $460. DH asked me if that was the one I wanted and I told him "so far, but I want to look at more before I decide." I kept looking and, lo and behold, he's over at the counter, paying for the bag. So I still have my gift card! Woohoo! You know, it's been 15 years since we've been together, and I'm still not used to being with someone who likes to spoil me. But I'm trying!

Later, we went to Outback for dinner. He insisted on getting the Aussie Cheesey Fries - at least it was the small one. I had the small filet and he had the large Outback Special (sirloin). We were SO stuffed, we couldn't even think about having a piece of the ice cream cake he'd bought me!

So, anyhow, it was a lovely day all around.

Have a good one, all.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Pattie, sounds like you had an awesome day.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. As soon as I finish my tea I will get some laundry going, unpack the suitcases from our trip, and start a little packing. Later Shadow & I will head to the barn to hunt mousies, ride, and teach PE.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 AM

591 posts, read 664,206 times
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL. THIS TREAD KEEPS ME MOTAVATED TO STAY ON TRACK. THERE ARE DAYS IT IS HARD TO DO THAT. SO, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.....ESPECIALLY KARLA

I'm trying to build up on the elliptical. 5 min today

treadmill 20 Min (incline 2%) ( speed 3.0)

weights, 10 lbs bars 40 lbs lifts REPS totals 25

stomach set up 25, and side set up (3 each side)

Dropped my carb intake to 3-4 a day.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:17 AM

591 posts, read 664,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla with a k View Post
good morning everyone
happy tuesday

today is school and we are doing "leaves" we will be teaching the kids the difference between monocots & dicots. I have to go out and gather up as many different shapes and sizes i can find in the yard.

Then after we explain how leaves work we get to do leaf rubbings !!! I think i am going to have them use the rubbings to make thanksgiving cards they can take home.

I am going to try to get my threads posted early so i can elliptical before school. I was kinda excited to not wake up sore from yesterdays 40 min one on one time with the elliptical, either that or the soreness may be waiting And will show up right away. I don't have it set at a high level just the manual one a couple days of this then i will bump it up

todays group exercise for those of you that want to is "whittish sues"
"boogie on down to the first song you hear on the radio!"

oh wait lol !!! I tried something new last night. We had those thin minute pork chops and hubby used lemon pepper to season them. First time i tried that seasoning. It was different but ok, i will probably eat it again.

Lol i know it is not that much of a "new thing" but little steps :d

so what are your exercise plans for today ?
good for you on 40 mins. I just want to get to 10 min. I probably feel it more because i am older than you.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Karla's elliptical training is impressive. When I did it, I'd start out at 2 minutes and had a rough time getting thru that! I did manage to work up to 20.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:31 PM

Hey all back from school and a trip to Sams Club

School was fun the kids really enjoyed learning about different leaves omg I think we must of had a small forrest of branches and leaves between us

I picked up the hugs they turned out really cute
Sandy I will be mailing a stack of them to you to give to the young bride you work with to send off to her husband
I am also sending a stack to Granny Sue for her son
the 3rd stack is going to the woman I teach with for her son who is over in Iraq
I am so excited about putting the smile on 3 different groups of our service folks .

Pattie I about fell out of my chair laughing reading your shopping experience you give that wonderful hubby of yours a huge hug form me
How many times have we all wanted to give the "what for" to a snotty salesperson.
Remember last year when I had the "I need a coach bag" bug up my butt
lol today I am so glad I didn't drop that kind of money on just a handbag.
I love the Coach outlet but the one style I wanted they didnt have in stock anymore

I am also with him on the ya just gotta have the Aussie cheese fries when you go to Outback !!

Evey - How excited were the SF ladies to see show again !!
So how much longer will you be up north ? any chance you might see snow !!!

Ladybee we are so glad to have you here with us !! We really have a lot of fun here
Just wait till we have one of our "special days" !!!

Let me explain why I am able to stay so long on the elliptical, over the years of exercising I have built up a lot of leg muscle so I am able to do lots of lower body exercise easily
They say your body is in someways like a computer and if you stop for awhile then start back it remembers if that makes any sense
Upper body however is a whole different animal lol I spoke to soon this morning when I said I wasn't feeling anything midway thru class this morning my arms and back decided to let me know they were not at all pleased with the upperbody part of the elliptical workout yikes am I sore

p.s Ladybee I am not that young

I know Cassy is at a workshop but where is everyone else !!!!
I hope we haven't scared them off

Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Karla, the thing that got me on ellipticals was the breathing. My legs are pretty strong, too, but the breath thing wasn't so great.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Well, I turned on my stereo with fingers crossed hoping that U cant touch this wasn't the song playing! But when the music is playing here, I dance all day! [poor Mystic ]

Didn't do the side bendy things yesterday so I did them this morning, and just finished the 30 minute less more cardio workout. We hired a guy to do our leaves and he was out there working. Anyway, I couldn't work out til I paid him, couldn't be opening the door in mid-cardio Not a pretty sight!

Boy ladybee you have TEN TIMES more rep points than posts-that is incredible.

Karla, you should know that the main ingredient in lemon pepper is salt. I like pepper and a little crushed mint-very little, oregano and celery flakes go good with pork too. And poultry seasoning is good too. I make pork cutlets low and slow in the oven with a little chicken broth and those spices, then make rice with the rest of the broth [I use Keystone, it's really low in sodium but you'd never know it] and some frozen mire poix, and add some black beans, it's delicious! If you have rye or pumpernickel bread, it goes great with that. Umm...after I exercise, of course!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 11-03-2009 at 02:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals