Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

I am in trouble here guys

we are going to carabbas for dinner

and I am starving !!!

karla

p.s. don't get excited I am not going to eat something different and unusual I get the grilled chicken
It is funny when the waiter asks " do you have any questions about the menu" My hubby rolls his eyes and says "she only orders one thing"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,160 times
Karla - They have a really good salad (not the taco salad, the other one). Stay strong!

vp - My mom buys those biscotti. She eats two and then they sit in her pantry for about a year. :P

Since breakfast I've had cherry tomatoes, pineapple, 2 slices Alpine bread (high protein), a couple bites of lunchmeat (my son's), a toffuti sandwich, and more water.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Karla - They have a really good salad (not the taco salad, the other one). Stay strong!

vp - My mom buys those biscotti. She eats two and then they sit in her pantry for about a year. :P

Since breakfast I've had cherry tomatoes, pineapple, 2 slices Alpine bread (high protein), a couple bites of lunchmeat (my son's), a toffuti sandwich, and more water.
Jco...how old is your son? Does he realize that you "borrow" his food all the time?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:44 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
LOL that was funny vp.

Foods I wish were good for ya, let me warn you I have many many but will narrow them down (see I like to eat, and I should actually weigh 400lbs, but I have had the pleasure of good and thin body until 1 year ago).

Ice cream, the real stuff

Cheese, all kinds except low fat

Rib eye steak, to die for on the grill

I eat butter, and have lite table cream in my coffee. I'm old enough that I remember the days when they told us to eat all the processed crap because it was good for you and look what they are coming up with now. I believe in the real stuff.

Now today to eat.

Breakfast was yogurt with cherries in it. And for a snack my kashi bar.
Lunch was a salad
Dinner was a tuna salad sandwich (9 grain bread).
Have had ice tea today and coffee (yep 4 cups) and lots of water. Tonights snack will be the wonderful sweet watermelon in my fridge.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Jco...how old is your son? Does he realize that you "borrow" his food all the time?
He's one. He knows! I'm usually making some sort of noise or funny face to make him think the food is exciting to eat (that's why I have a bite or two ). It's amazing what we do for our kids.

Need to add: handful of Kettle chips

Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,100,711 times
jco, I love Kettle Chips especially the BBQ ones.

Lunch I had:
Mixed veggies with low fat cheese
Low fat Triscuts (10)
Mixed fruit cup

Popsicles x2 or maybe 3

Dinner I had a big stuffed baked potato with low fat cheese and fat free sour cream.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:47 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Hmmmmm, things that I wish I could eat to my heart's content. Donuts, cheese, guacamole (avocados have SO MUCH fat), french onion dip, hot fudge sundaes, and I could go on but you get the idea.

Now, for today's not so good for me eating.

1 large hot tea, 2 glazed donuts, 1 20 ounce pepsi. That was my breakfast.

For lunch I had roast turkey with mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberry sauce, dinner roll and 2 medium pepsi colas.

3 bite sized milky way bars for a snack.

Grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.

I have had 3 bottles of water since I got home.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
He's one. He knows! I'm usually making some sort of noise or funny face to make him think the food is exciting to eat (that's why I have a bite or two ). It's amazing what we do for our kids.

Need to add: handful of Kettle chips
Only 1? Oh he must be so cute. I love the 1s, 2s, 3s...their minds are so transparent. I used to get such a kick out of my son when his light bulb went off about every thing. (he's a genius of course).

Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 PM

I finished my dinner by 7:30 tonight.
Left over white rice with one fried egg on top. You break up the egg so the rice gets all wet... Delicious, and the other half of the avocado with salt and olive oil.

Then another slice of cheesecake. I had bought this small sampler plate they have at Winn Dixie, and have to finish that off. Two pieces left. They're only about 3 bites worth.

Evey avocados are actually good for you. They contain a lot of fat but it's the good kind, like that in nuts. It also works great if you're a little constipated. Between the granola in the yogurt, the avocado, and the olive oil, you're set to go (literally).. :-))

Has anybody ever had Mrs. Vicky's potato chips? They are awesome. They have BBQ, jalapeño, Sour Cream & chives, regular - all kinds. Better than the Cape Cod chips.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,547 times
Am I the only one on the board not on a diet? You guys make me feel so fat when I read your lists!! I eat so much compared to everyone else.

Breakfast- Special K Red Berries, Yoguart, Tab Energy

Lunch- Wawa Salad, Veggie Chips, Diet Pepsi Max

Diner- Ravioli with Rose Sauce

Snack- Chocolate Cranberries, coconut ice cream cup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals