Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,452,385 times

Advertisements

Well, I survived day one of the new jco makeover diet. It's actually 10:30 on Wednesday, and I'm thinking about all the foods I wish were healthy, and I'm glad I didn't eat them in the process. . So, what are the top three foods you WISH were healthy? Of course, don't forget to tell us what you actually ate!

Fabulous Food Fact: Interested in knowing your BMI? Find out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Well, I survived day one of the new jco makeover diet. It's actually 10:30 on Wednesday, and I'm thinking about all the foods I wish were healthy, and I'm glad I didn't eat them in the process. . So, what are the top three foods you WISH were healthy? Of course, don't forget to tell us what you actually ate!

Oh no, thank you. NO BMI checking for me yet.

Dark chocolate is healthy so I make sure I eat a lot of that. I don't believe in the amount that they say is healthy enough!

Butter. A while back I read something that said it was healthier than margarine so I'm sticking to that story.

White rice. Yummy. I can eat that all by itself.

My breakfast today - guess. Oatmeal with the trimmings and coffee. I think the rest of the day will be a re-run of yesterday too.

I have to remember to pick up some cucumber and bean sprouts and try that as a sandwich.

Have you ever had low fat cream cheese?????? I've had a lot of low or no fat foods but that has to be the WORST!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
32.93..on the BMI..Im glad they added that part about muscle/atheletes on there.
foods i wish were healthy..pizza, greasy cheeseburgers loaded with everything you could imagine..and birthday cake.

Now what I really ate..baked chicken for breakfast..two plums at 10 a salad at 1230...apple at 4 and a salad at 6

Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM

This morning I had blueberries, yogart, raspberries and granola clusters (my own little parfait).

I've had the low-fat cream cheese, but I always put a bunch of jelly over it to disguise the flavor!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
morning all
so far today I had my wake up caffeine free diet pepsi

healthy heart cinnamon raisin bran with a banana sliced on top

2 bottles of water so far
had a plum when I got back from the walk.

lets see what foods do I wish I could eat without guilt lol easy

Pizza
french fries

and I am all about real butter

I use to eat these anyway and just deal with the guilt but I have been good the last month.
karla

Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,469,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post

Lasagna - I love it. Now I replace the noodles with sliced eggplant and use lots of veggies, low fat cheese... it's still good.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Lasagna - I love it. Now I replace the noodles with sliced eggplant and use lots of veggies, low fat cheese... it's still good.
Good idea!

It's funny to me that I want to load myself with sugary foods, and everyone else wants grease and salt!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Things I wish were fat/sugar free:

Pizza / Chocolate / Cream (coz I'm doing a lot of cooking with it) / Pasta in all varieties

Things I've eaten so far today :
It seems I can live the whole day without any food till say 1 or 2 p.m. I'm very disciplined over the day but can't get a hold on me in the evenings where I always fall for everything within reach.

I didn't eat anything at all for breakfast but took a long walk with my kid (4-5 km). At 1:30 I had a roll with cream cheese (not low fat!) a peach and a bite of chocolate.
In half an hour (7 p.m.) I'll meet my friend in an Italian restaurant and I'm really willing to try to only order a salad.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:24 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
So far today:

Breakfast
Oatmeal with raisins and a dash of raw sugar
Green Tea
Cafe Vienna
Lots of vitamins and supplements
Lots of water

Snack
Activia low sugar yogurt

Old 08-23-2007, 12:27 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
My lunch was -

strawberry/banana yogurt with a handful of fruit & nut granola
About a 1/2 hr later
couple of slices of ham, 1 slice cheese, on whole wheat bread (with a little mustard & mayo)
AND....a biscotti........ lol... I have about 4 of those left
And I've had 4 oz of water so far. I'm afraid what traffic will be like today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals