Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,961,919 times

Advertisements

Doh... I forgot!

6:50 - Two cinnamon pop tarts, 1/2 Coke.

Lunch will be left over ganiling from last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM

72,487 posts, read 18,233,337 times
Good morning Jeannie,Diane,Steve,Lacey and Autumgal again!

You gotta sleep Jeannie,just a few taps will be great!

I heard about the rain and hail and thuderstorms in your area,we are still very hot here!

blueberries,soymilk and oatmeal

Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,700,606 times
Jeannie, Hugs and kisses today. I was doing fine on my last day at work until a little lady who had vision, hearing and speech problems wrote me a note asking who would help her find things on the computer. She actually grabbed hold of me as if to keep me there. I am getting tears now just remembering it.
We moved 10 times in our first five years of marriage. I know what Steve is talking about on the not getting too involved. I felt I left part of me behind each time I moved. I guess that is why I appreciate it that we have lived here since 1975. The saying around here is that when you move to Union County, you never leave. We have 10 acres in Wilkes that we had saved to move to when we retired. We realize our life is here now. I have friends from one side of this county to the other.

You will have many new friends soon. Be sure to get a good guest room. They will all want to come visit when it is really cold up there.

The reason I was not too upset at retiring is that I can go back and visit any time I want, but just during library hours. No more break room antics. You know how people have to be quiet in the library. You ought to see us let off steam in the break room. We sometimes got so loud the director would come in and say, "I could hear you all the way out at reference." Diana, they used to throw our food away too, if there was no name on it. Thirty some employees can make a refridgerator look gross sometimes. Diana, you brought back memories of having teens at home. How would you like to have what you planned for dinner disappear because your children fed their friends. I finally learned to put what I planned for dinner in a grocery bag in the refridgerator and they were not allowed to touch it.

Good breakfast for me was coffee and milk and a banana sandwich made with one banana and 2 slices whitewheat. I don't put anything like mayonnaise on my sandwiches. I just like the pure good taste of the bread and banana.

Have a good day, Lacy, Izzy, Diana, Autumngal (Thanks for starting the thread today.), Jeannie, and Steve.

Autumngal, I used to have two favorite dogs (Dad had hunting hounds, they stunk). One was a short haired collie named Pal and the other was a Black Lab. That black lab could run across our field and jump half way across our bridge. Dad was a bridge builder for NC so he built us a private bridge over Millers Creek creek.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,639,330 times
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. Everyone is shocked here today is my last day because I'm cutting out earlier then planned. I was suppose to finish work next week.

oatmeal with blueberries
water with lemons
supplements

mashed yams
plain turkey on whole wheat bread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,156 times
NCN,Autumn and Jeannie-save my spot in NC okay? I will get there!!!!!!!

Breakfast-usual van. yogurt
Lunch-cottage ch/salad
Dinner-stuffed peppers, mashed pots for hubby, salad.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,403,208 times
Such a happy and also sad day for our Jeannie. Hope everything went well at work and that you don't have a headache from all the crying.

Got home from my step aerobic class a little late today b/c we had to chat for a while longer.
Just had a nectarine and will go to bed with a yogurt to read a bit.

Nite, see you tomorrow. Sleep well!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,704,284 times
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/lacey.jpg (broken link)

breakfast: vita muffin, iced tea

lunch: chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat, green lettuce, iced water

dinner: chicken & rice, roasted asparagus, and a 1/2 caffeine free coke

nite everyone

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM

72,487 posts, read 18,233,337 times
So happy for you Jeannie! One thing I hope it closes on time,85% of the time would close a day to a week later. So don't worry if it doesn't close on time.Sleep well and relax

soybeans,carrots tofu and chicken pieces
water

Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
NCN

I had some unusual food today that probably was not too healthy, but I stuck to the points.
Couple bites of slaw
3 oz. potted meat and two slices whitewheat
Tossed salad of lettuce, tomato, red sweet pepper, celery, onion, cucumbers and salt.
Coffee and milk
Chicken dog with relish and homemade meat chili--made with leftover ground beef, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper and about 2 oz. tomato soup. (delicious and I just threw it together myself.) All served on a hot dog bun.
lemon water and regular water

Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. Everyone is shocked here today is my last day because I'm cutting out earlier then planned. I was suppose to finish work next week.

oatmeal with blueberries
water with lemons
supplements

mashed yams
plain turkey on whole wheat bread
Hope you don't lose any vacation pay with that. I doubt you care that much at this point. You probably just want to get moved. Hope you get here soon so the little ones can start school with everybody else and not be the new child. But sometimes being the new child can be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals